The 1k army project, are YOU in?

Darth Alec

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 1000pts Ironjawz Force is decent enough to play with now. Broke them in last weekend. Still need a lot of highlights on yellow and black, as well as extra little details such as warpaint flames and squares and cones on the armor as well as some work on severed heads, etc. But all in all. Its a good start I think.

FullSizeRender_3.jpgFullSizeRender_2.jpgFullSizeRender_1.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender_4.jpg

My 1000pts Ironjawz Force is decent enough to play with now. Broke them in last weekend. Still need a lot of highlights on yellow and black, as well as extra little details such as warpaint flames and squares and cones on the armor as well as some work on severed heads, etc. But all in all. Its a good start I think.
FullSizeRender_3.jpg.9eef87fccaec9ff9e271f9e625797b2f.jpgFullSizeRender_2.jpg.c2169296a08d94470bae9d182629d1e5.jpgFullSizeRender_1.jpg.a194acc6874afb1bbf5d93b5826bff04.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg.a22cd7ad830dcb5738a4fe041ef59466.jpgFullSizeRender_4.jpg.d680457741e90e2d413febee31f29043.jpg

Are you running a fifteen and a five or two tens of brutes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Lardidar said:

I'm slow but still going, more snotling crew for doomdivers.

I need 8 as crew but I have 5 more to paint as I'll also use them in old school Warhammer quest. Thinking I need to make the bases a bit sexier, are the new texture paints any good?

P1015816.JPG

The new texture paints are excellent. Loads of options, especially combined with Shattered Dominion bases and tufts. Check out the PDF below for GW's tips. https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Paint/Textured_Paints.pdf

1 minute ago, Soulsmith said:

@Lysandestolpe Great looking force. I love the use of different natural skin tones as a backdrop for the really bright armour. I would rock that were I not using my skin as a spot colour :) 

Thanks man! Yeah I feel like the variation is a great reflection of the increased naturalistic feel both warhammer and its community is beginning to take. The armor is taking for ****** ever tho. -______- haha

2 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

I have a number of 1000 point armies that I'm going to try to do this year.  I'll likely be doing Clan Moulder, Clan Pestilens, Swifthawk Agents, Ironjawz, Spiderfang and Tomb Kings this year.  Here's for hoping I make the progress that I'd like to this year :-)

That's just one less than @HobbyHammer is doing. The race is on!

In other news, I've primed all my skaven. Doomwheel is currently WIP.

On January 26, 2017 at 0:24 PM, Darth Alec said:

That's just one less than @HobbyHammer is doing. The race is on!

In other news, I've primed all my skaven. Doomwheel is currently WIP.

Don't get me wrong.  I have many more on the shelf.  Those are just the ones I am trying to focus on ;-)

Edit: I actually has a 1000 point Nurgle force planned as well, although since I am almost done with that, I actually forgot to mention them.  So I guess @HobbyHammer and myself are aiming for similar amounts of forces this year ;-)

5 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Don't get me wrong.  I have many more on the shelf.  Those are just the ones I am trying to focus on ;-)

Edit: I actually has a 1000 point Nurgle force planned as well, although since I am almost done with that, I actually forgot to mention them.  So I guess @HobbyHammer and myself are aiming for similar amounts of forces this year ;-)

Yes! Let's do this! I'm half way through 2 at the moment. Phoenix Temple and Rotbringers

33 minutes ago, HobbyHammer said:

Yes! Let's do this! I'm half way through 2 at the moment. Phoenix Temple and Rotbringers

You just reminded me...I am also half way through a Phoenix Temple force as well that I haven't touched in ages.  Maybe I should think about completing that as well :-P

So was seeing your tweets and while i have a couple 1k armies in mind, I hadn't put much thought into it. So I poked around on scrollbuilder and these are the armies I could build to both start new and fill out existing armies. 

1. Soulblight is in progress and may end up bigger than 1k if I do one of each unit.

2. SCE Vanguard is my challenge vs Sean and Alec in March-April (i'm moving house in the middle of that btw)

3. Build out bugclaw to have enough for a formation (but still qualifies as 1k with battle line)

4. Gitmob/Ogors as overall Endless Destrukkshun battleline and artillery

5. Stormcast to ride with my Devoted of Sigmar (I always backburner these)

6. Tzeentch Arcanites - this is stuff from Silvertower and a few goodies. Fatemaster will be Ahriman model from 40k cuz squeee!

7. Flesh Eater Court - Holy Havoc army. Heavy Green stuff - might end up at 2k?

8. DeathLords - I need to repain and base nagash and get more Morghasts

Unlikely I'll get to all of this but maybe there's hope. A little cheaty in some ways, but legit #RulesAsWritten

Stonemonk8Armies.png

On 1/23/2017 at 0:33 AM, Ademo said:

c15d4fb312339b21731b04b8a888af34.jpg
10 cave squigs finished! I have herders, hoppers, manglers and archers to look at next as well as my other undead project!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@Ademo are those on 25mm or 32mm? Old school Squigs looks great!!

Don't know if that counts too but this year I will finish my Sylvaneth wich are 5 Boxes Hunters, 4 Boxes Tree Revenants, Dryads and Treelord from the start collecting box, 12 Wyldwoods and 1 more Drycha. Guess it's abut more than 1000 points. ?

This thread has gone green of late!

Update on my own progress: After christmas my part time job got updated to full time and I'm working out the colour scheme for the Chaos Warriors as I go so progress has been quite slow. I'm almost done with the first 5 warriors (of 10 total) and am in the process of gluing the last 5 Seekers which are otherwise based and ready for spraying. Since the warriors are mortals I've got the blue/green basing creeping up their boots a bit, like they're starting to be consumed by the corruption.

Pictures hopefully soon! 

Hello all. Here's some w.i.p. shots of my 1k SE army.

10 x Judicators

10 x liberators

2 x Dracothian guard

1 x LCOD

Left Liberators arms are magnatized for shield or duel wield.

I hope I'll be able to magnatize the Dracothian guard weapons as well.

IMG_51421.jpg

IMG_51451.jpg

IMG_51431.jpg

IMG_51441.jpg

Good evening all,

So a slight change of plans for myself, I signed up for a tournament in June as I always find I work better to a deadline. I wanted something totally new so I have gone with the Bloodbound. The Grots will take a back seat until the 2nd half of the year.

I'll probably be making a plog for these guys but just wanted some opinion on the scheme...not a big fan of the all red look.

P1015864.JPG

P1015865.JPG

P1015866.JPG

Archived