Gates of Azyr, free download.

Olincay

1 hour ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

Hmm, haven't read much fluff for AoS, so I'll give it a look. :)

It's not the greatest book in the world but it does set up generally how the realms are for most people surviving under the age of chaos. Heck if you play grand alliance order and in context of the order victory for the summer campaign sigmar and his forces have come far. 

On 12/12/2016 at 6:32 AM, RuneBrush said:

It's also free on Amazon too (if you find it easier to buy for your Kindle for direct delivery)

Apparently this is only true in the UK (or, at the very least, not true in the USA). I was, however, able to download the eBook directly from Black Library.

I got it thanks to this thread, thanks for that. I read it in an evening (not the longest or deepest book to be fair) so I did enjoy it. It's not exactly high literature but sometimes you just want to hear tales of daring and the God-King's champions ruining the forces of Chaos.

The characters weren't developed much but it was neither necessary or even appropriate - what was appropriate was epic battles.

I enjoyed Gates of Azyr but I was very, very disappointed with the first story in War Storm which directly follows it.

I've read the first four books now and so far my favourite has been Hammers of Sigmar by a long way. It's outrageously imaginative and the characters are more interesting. 

That might also be because it didn't follow the campaign books which I've already read but mainly I think it's because I like Darius Hinks' style the most I think. 

17 hours ago, Artobans Ghost said:

Excellent! First post here and it starts with a free gift. Doesn't get better! Looking forward to the new fluff as I havnt read any AoS books yet. Read countless 40k and old world and now looking forward to this. 

Glad I could be of help. ?

On 12/17/2016 at 7:22 AM, Artobans Ghost said:

Excellent! First post here and it starts with a free gift. Doesn't get better! Looking forward to the new fluff as I havnt read any AoS books yet. Read countless 40k and old world and now looking forward to this. 

Welcome! Hope you enjoy it I made a general lore thread for overall information on the factions if you want to learn more. :D

Archived