shadowgra

i quite like ur ideas @Thomas Lyons!!

but is glottkin useful? won't be him a dead weight against stormcast in particular? in the forum's opinion he is quite overcosted.

also can i use bloodreavers instead of marauders (as models)? cause marauders are so ugly... maybe converting them with BK bits makes them quite better looking ^^

i know this army will cost a lot more than my original one, but at least there is something i enjoy painting XD, only have the sorcerer lord (can convert him from bk + knights kits and bk)

i think that i will bring only 1 catapult, more bodies are way more useful against ironjawz...

@shoe i didn't rage at you, dw about that :) was only answering, maybe i have been quite rude, sorry mate! ^^

1 minute ago, shadowgra said:

i quite like ur ideas @Thomas Lyons!!

but is glottkin useful? won't be him a dead weight against stormcast in particular? in the forum's opinion he is quite overcosted.

also can i use bloodreavers instead of marauders (as models)? cause marauders are so ugly... maybe converting them with BK bits makes them quite better looking ^^

i know this army will cost a lot more than my original one, but at least there is something i enjoy painting XD, only have the sorcerer lord (can convert him from bk + knights kits and bk)

i think that i will bring only 1 catapult, more bodies are way more useful against ironjawz...

@shoe i didn't rage at you, dw about that :) was only answering, maybe i have been quite rude, sorry mate! ^^

I've run Glottkin on a number of occasions and he can do some work.  Is he himself worth 480 for his suite of abilities and attacks--alone, no.  But he is a force multiplier.  His greatest asset is going to be multiplying the effectiveness of other units, although he can throw down when combat is engaged.  I would encourage you to hit him with Daemonic Power (from the Sorc) and watch him crush another unit in combat as he almost auto-hits/wounds with all of his attacks.

Regarding marauder models, I am in the process of converting over marauders from Bloodreavers myself. It isn't difficult to do and throwing shields on those models is easy enough.      

On 12/11/2016 at 0:35 PM, shadowgra said:

ok then a list with epidemius and tallyband coud be like this:

Tallyband 100

Leaders

Epidemius 180

GUO 240

Battleline

Plaguebearers 300

plaguebearers 100

plaguebearers 100

Units

5 putrid blightkings 180

5 putrid blightkings 180

6 drones 440

3 beasts of nurgle 180/ plagueclaw catapult (splitting drones in 2 units)

2000 points

very daemon based army, i think i covered almost everything, got a bunch of models, a wizard, mortal wounds, kings, huge pb block and epidemius.

for a more mixed army without the tallyband (sort of good stuffs) could i do include the glottkins, along with 30 plaguebearers? or to make him worthy is just a dream? cause the miniature is awesome

Very nice list!!!  I would go with this.  Yes Epidemus is good no matter what you play.  The longer the battle goes (and more casualties) the better he becomes.  Even if you just get to reroll 1s to hit or wound that is VERY powerful!!

3 hours ago, shadowgra said:

I didn't take it that way at all :  ) My reply had some malformed commas in there. Mondays!

These are all solid, and they will provide you with a lot of fun games. Fun for you, frustrating for your opponent.

I find that the Glottkin works best (for me) in a plague touched battalion.  A unit of 30 (28) marauders with double wounds and mystic shield on them, getting possibly +1 to hit AND wound is too good to pass up. I've had these guys outlast ironjaws. Plus, they are pretty fast with their 6" movement.

Tallyband is fun to play, and I bring the DP just to shadow the drones. Seems kind of pricey at first glance, but he's hard to kill even with not being able to be part of the tallyband. I give him the artifact that gives him an extra wound.

Instead of bringing 2 catapults, try a hell cannon. Mortal wounds (2d6) on those iron jaws and stormcast are great.

I still haven't run Epidemius even though I've had the model for at least 5 years.....don't ask me why, I don't know. I fully intend to remedy that in the near future. 

All in all, I find that I can usually field a good, competitive force which is close to a monofaction that almost assures that I'll still be on the table at the end of the game. No turn three tabling for these guys. Wars of attrition, while slow, are great fun if played well. If you can get on an objective or two, you should be able to gather a lot of points for them before your opponent is able to dislodge those plaguebearers or drones.

You appear to have a nice solid base with which to try either  battalion. Try them out, tweak as needed, and have fun with Papa Nurgle.

Played your list tonight.  Epidemus was the the MVP with his rerolling ones and +1 armor save.  I loved putting him in cover to give him a 2+ save.  Overall, I really must admit the GHB really nerfed Nurgle from being competitive.  When I played at SCGT with my full Nurgle list it was competitive and I felt all things were about equal in higher table games.  Now it seems I have a pricey Nurgle tax that gives me about 30%-35% less models than SCGT points system.  An example being why for the love of God does a Herald of Nurgle cost 100points??  To even start being competive I think they need to take 20-30 oints off every nurgle unit (other than plaguebearers).

Without the Epidemus buffs I don't think it is even remotely possible to win with an all Nurgle list.

I think nurgle is very competitive at moment

tallyband is very strong,this list came from a tournament,I think it's best nurgle list at moment

GUO ( general)

-chaos armor

GUO ( for tallyband)

harald of nurgle

2x10 plagubears

20 plaguebears

6 drones

6 drones

tallyband

this list got so mutch sustain, it's really hard to face..I think it's pretty fun too

look the face of your friend when he can t kill drones lol( they give you a fast unit ..so important for nurgle):)

8 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

I think nurgle is very competitive at moment

tallyband is very strong,this list came from a tournament,I think it's best nurgle list at moment

GUO ( general)

-chaos armor

GUO ( for tallyband)

harald of nurgle

2x10 plagubears

20 plaguebears

6 drones

6 drones

tallyband

this list got so mutch sustain, it's really hard to face..I think it's pretty fun too

look the face of your friend when he can t kill drones lol( they give you a fast unit ..so important for nurgle):)

Are you backing this up with playing experience?

Because my experience, albeit not extensive, says otherwise. If you have extensive experience playing that list, I would love to hear why it's so good and how to use it to achieve the best results in a competitive environment.

6 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

i copyed that list from this tournament http://baddice.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Alliance_Lists_2016.pdf

i havn t test it , i don t remembeber the youtube page  where a guy play that for fun xD

andy bryan is the player (3 list)

Umm just because someone played it on the internet and had fun with it doesn't mean it is competitive. 

At SCGT (many would argue the most balanced point system AoS had) I came in sixth place with a pure Nurgle list.  Since the GHB I struggle to beat my 11yr old son (he usually wins now).  This is due to a massive points increase on almost every Nurgle unit.  I call this the Nurgle tax for no reason:

Great Unclean One increased by 20pts

Epidemus increased by 80pts

Herald of Nurgle increased by 40pts

3x Beasts of Nurgle increased by 40pts

3x Plague Drones increased by 40pts

Plagueclaw catapults increased by 60pts

3x Nurglings increased by 40pts

5x Blightkings increased by 20pts

If you were just taking one of each these units your list increase by a total of 340points!!! Which is almost a 33% point hike on my Nurgle list for absoulely no reason.  Please not this didn't impact many other factions and actually helped some such as Stormcast and Khorne.  I mean right now the Herald of Nurgle costs as much as a Lord Celestant/Callestant????

I was thinking of this list as a viable competitive list

Tallyband of Nurgle battalion- 100

GUO-240 (Chaos Talisman)

Epidemus-180

Herald of Nurgle-100 (Favour of the Gods)

30x Plaguebearers-300

10x Plaguebearers- 100

10x Plaguebearers-100

6x Plague drones-440

6x Plague Drones-440

=2000 points exactly

For a pure nurgle list it is somewhat mobile with 12 plague drones.  It also is fairly tanky and gives the ability to do mortal wounds with the drones.  

Thoughts??

Throwing my hat into the Nurgle ring,

Feel free to critique, the big flaw is the blightking i feel as they are not really needed, they are however a damn cool mini.

Leaders
Bloab Rotspawned (260)
Epidemius (180)
Great Unclean One (240)
Sayl The Faithless (160)

Units
Putrid Blightkings x 5 (180)
- Mortal Nurgle Battleline
Plaguebearers Of Nurgle x 30 (300)
- Battleline
Plaguebearers Of Nurgle x 10 (100)
- Battleline
- Battleline

War Machines
Plagueclaw (180)
Plagueclaw (180)

Battalions
Tallyband of Nurgle (100)

Total: 1980/2000

This is an alternative list:

Leaders
Epidemius (180)
Great Unclean One (240)
Herald Of Nurgle (100)
Herald Of Nurgle (100)
Sayl The Faithless (160)

Units
Plaguebearers Of Nurgle x 30 (300)
- Battleline
- Battleline
- Battleline
Beasts Of Nurgle x 2 (120)
Beasts Of Nurgle x 2 (120)

War Machines
Plagueclaw (180)
Plagueclaw (180)

Battalions
Tallyband of Nurgle (100)

Total: 1980/2000

• Keeping 2 beasts with each herald to make them a harder hitting unit with the double damage.
  • Plagueclaws for early epidemius stacks
  • Sayl for using his mist spell to speed up units
  • GUO for making plaguebearers unkillable

I'd caution you against lists that only have 2 heros. So easy to pick them off and stop you from being able to score in 3 places of power.

I can't recommend plague claws enough. You need the ranged hitting power to force your opponent to come to you. If playing a horde they're even better. 

If you have a demon prince built I'd still use it. 3+ save on 8 wounds with fly and decent damage output is nice. Can always heal him with the GUO. 

Have you considered soul grinders?They're quite punchy and can be marked nurgle to gain keyword benefits.

32 minutes ago, Maddok said:

I'd caution you against lists that only have 2 heros. So easy to pick them off and stop you from being able to score in 3 places of power.

I can't recommend plague claws enough. You need the ranged hitting power to force your opponent to come to you. If playing a horde they're even better. 

If you have a demon prince built I'd still use it. 3+ save on 8 wounds with fly and decent damage output is nice. Can always heal him with the GUO. 

Have you considered soul grinders?They're quite punchy and can be marked nurgle to gain keyword benefits.

I think the biggest problem right now is that plague claws and soulgrinders are just overpriced for what they can do.  I agree they are good, but not worth the points the GHB charges for either of them.  Most Nurgle units are 20pts overpriced.  However, the soulgrinder and plague claw are at least 40points to expensive.  It really bothers me how much better a GA Order cannon is for the same cost. 

Archived