Struggling to beat the Flesh Eater Courts

chord

You need to get the the Coutiers or shoot them off the board ASAP,this will put a huge crimp in the regen effect.If you are facing Ghoul Patrol,you need to focus your melee units(and shooting if available) on one unit at a time.

Also rem that FEC need to stay bubbled up as an army for both survivability and offensive buffs,,play the scenario objectives and try to take advantage of that.

Your ranged units should be able to perforate a Courtier no problem, and with your teleporting dudes you can get around his lines pretty easily. Trick is to hammer all the heroes as they not only provide the regen, but also buffs. Once you do that, the Ghouls are easy pickings and don't do much damage.

For this we played a narrative battle (first one in GodBeasts).

I brought

3 Units of Liberators (5 per unit, hammer/shield)

2 units of Retributors (5 per unit, 1 starsoul mace per unit)

1 Unit of Prosecutors (3 per unit)

Knight Azyros

Knight Venator

LCoD

2 Lord Relicators

Loremaster

Hammerstrike Battalion.

He had

Mournghoul

Neferata on mount

Ghoul King on Terrorgheist

1 unit of 20 ghouls

1 unit of 10 ghouls

1 unit of 20 skeletons

1 unit of 3 crypt Flayers

1 varghulf

2 Crypt Ghast Courtiers

and some allegiance ability to save for every wound/mortal wound

The rules for the battleplan was you got a point per round if you killed more units than the other.  So I made some dents quickly but eventually he won 2-1 (due to time constraints we only got as far as 4 full rounds)

Celestial Hurricanum will take down that Moughul in a turn!

Would have to be very lucky with that! I thought it could too but need to roll high on the 3d6 a couple of times at least! Dude gets a 4+ mortal wound save... Ridiculous rules writing

28 minutes ago, Paul G said:

Would have to be very lucky with that! I thought it could too but need to roll high on the 3d6 a couple of times at least! Dude gets a 4+ mortal wound save... Ridiculous rules writing

I've done it twice now with 3 Storm of Shemteks and a focused Comet of Cassadora (my opponents seem to like to rush it out of the line). 

A round of crossbowmen are always on stand-by just in case...

Archived