New Start Collecting Boxes spotted

Ben

It's something like if the battalion as a whole has the appropriate allegiance then the army as a whole counts as having that allegiance (as long as every unit has the right keyword or is in said battalion). Someone else will need to clarify with actual rules.

Here's the FAQ answer:

When picking your army’s allegiance abilities, all units in a warscroll battalion are considered to have the allegiance listed above the title on the warscroll. For example, the Guardians of Alarielle warscroll battalion includes both Sylvaneth and Stormcast Eternals units, and has ‘Sylvaneth’ listed as its allegiance above the battalion’s title. This means that all of the Stormcast Eternals units in the battalion are considered to have the Sylvaneth allegiance when it comes to choosing allegiance abilities. An army otherwise made up of Sylvaneth units which included this battalion could choose the Sylvaneth or Order allegiance abilities, but the Stormcast Eternals from this battalion wouldn’t benefit from the Sylvaneth allegiance abilities, as they don’t have the Sylvaneth keyword.

So if the Battalion is Ironjawz and has a Gargant, it doesn't matter if it has the keyword or not, your force is still Ironjawz allegiance.

43 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Here's the FAQ answer:

So if the Battalion is Ironjawz and has a Gargant, it doesn't matter if it has the keyword or not, your force is still Ironjawz allegiance.

It's expected the battalion will say that it means you're still Ironjaws. So the gargant can be included in an ironjaws army but only if it's included as part of the battalion. The precedent is that sylvaneth/stormcast one. 

I'm not sure I like it, but that's how it is. 

8 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Sadly can't see any of these being much benefit at the moment (it goes that way - sometimes I'll want everything sometimes not).  Some amazing value packed into these though - very impressed :) 

I suspect the value is down to stock management.  If GW plans to keep only a small range of models "active" at any given time, likely the ranges tied to the current campaign books, then even newer models need to shift to make room for the next cycle of 4-6 armies/forces.  By this time next year, I expect Ironjaws, Bloodbuddies, and Sylvaneth to be gone from shelves and a new starter game box to be out with new feature forces plus other combatants from the next campaign . 

In other words, these may be Last Chance sales in disguise.

15 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I suspect the value is down to stock management.  If GW plans to keep only a small range of models "active" at any given time, likely the ranges tied to the current campaign books, then even newer models need to shift to make room for the next cycle of 4-6 armies/forces.  By this time next year, I expect Ironjaws, Bloodbuddies, and Sylvaneth to be gone from shelves and a new starter game box to be out with new feature forces plus other combatants from the next campaign . 

In other words, these may be Last Chance sales in disguise.

While I agree the range may shrink, or at least rotate more often, I can't see the ironjaws, sylvaneth, et al, going away in the near future. There's a ton of much, much older minis still on the shelves. Loads of stuff is still in the old 8th boxes with square bases. 

I think a more accurate prediction would be that, by this time next year, the whole range may be reboxed and rebased, with some older stuff gone forever. 

GW don't tend to do Last Chance sales of their plastics. The whole business model of plastic injection moulding is predicated on initial, high investment cost but incredibly-low long-term costs, as the moulds basically last forever.

There is no reason GW would discontinue a plastic sculpt like the Ironjaws or Sylvaneth which have only been in circulation for two years or less.

8 minutes ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

GW don't tend to do Last Chance sales of their plastics. The whole business model of plastic injection moulding is predicated on initial, high investment cost but incredibly-low long-term costs, as the moulds basically last forever.

There is no reason GW would discontinue a plastic sculpt like the Ironjaws or Sylvaneth which have only been in circulation for two years or less.

As a very quick aside, the molds for things like the 40k anniversary marines are made from aluminium which basically dies much more quickly than steel.  It also has a much lower investment cost :)  No real reason for saying that, but I heard it the other day and thought it was interesting.

1 hour ago, Feerful said:

Those are cool boxes! I just wish they released one for a faction I was interested in. The great value keeps pulling me back for another look, oh well maybe next year.

(Death is patient)

They are spectacularly good value. I worked out last night that the rrp of the new stormcast big box is £208 so it's just under half price! It'll be £75 on Darksphere! Even on Darksphere the separate units would be £156! Totally crazy prices.

You buy one of these new boxes then add one of the "Start Collecting" boxes to the coordinating army and you have yourself a nice army, especially the Sylvaneth and SE. I guess the Ironjaws wouldn't be a bad one either.  Just too many gore-gruntas, gorgeous model but too sub-par in game.. 

8 minutes ago, Lord Cedric said:

Am I missing something on these prices? According to Currency Converter, 100 British Pound Sterling is about $124 US dollars. Not $180. Which would make these even more incredible deals.

- Cedric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Warhammer as a whole tends to be cheaper in the UK, since it doesn't need much shipping.

2 hours ago, Lord Cedric said:

Am I missing something on these prices? According to Currency Converter, 100 British Pound Sterling is about $124 US dollars. Not $180. Which would make these even more incredible deals.

- Cedric

Seems like they will be £100. Incredible deals indeed!

15 hours ago, Lord Cedric said:

- Cedric

Never use exchange rates to calculate gw's international prices as exchange rates change every day. Look at like for like prices. Archaon for example is £100 in the UK and $165 in the US. Two start collecting is £100 and $170 us so there price will be around that.

The leaked catalogue picture said December 3Rd. I imagine that will be the preorder date as the Thousand Sons stuff is coming next weekend.

Archived