My first ever tournament (incoming) with Ironjawz

Berdysz

SO... :)

Like I was saying in another place on this forum, I have a tournament coming this weekend. It is going to be small, local thing. Still, this is my first "pure" Ironjawz" venture so I hope for great things...or not :P

Here it is what I am taking, and since "one picture says 1000 words" I'll include some of those. I ll start with troops.

10X Ardboyz

ardboyz.jpg

These are rather "dated" when it comes to painting, but I have judged them"worthy enough" so only re-based them recently.

3x Gore Gruntas

goregruntas.jpg

5x Brutes with double choppa

2chopas brutes.jpg

5x Brutes with Gore-hackas

gore hacka brutes.jpg

These guys have "quicker" paint scheme then the ones above (apart from skin)

Warchanter

warchanter.jpg

Megaboss on Maw-Krusha

mawkrusha.jpg

Still "some" work on his base...

And my "converted" ArdNob (Black orc big Boss). The idea of him came from this forum, so I am most great full. Since he is to be my general I opted for "shielded version" to keep him alive. I really like how he turned up (...does his neck seem to long?). Some detailing still to be done.

ArdNob

ArdNob.jpgArdNob1.jpgArdNob2.jpg

And there is an "Ironfist" formation to close 1500 pts. 

And now few closeups for your viewing pleasuer (I hope...):

cl1.jpgcl2.jpgcl3.jpgcl4.jpgcl5.jpgcl6.jpgcl7.jpg

I'll probably write a battle report with pictures and everything :) , so you will all know how I did. I will post a link to my blog, untill then wish my luck and...

WAAAAGH!

• 3 weeks later...

I was to put here my battle reports from the small, local tournament. Sadly "small" is the key word here. Only 3 people showed up and that is including me. Well it was a long weekend in Poland, so I do hope that was the reason.

So, all 3 of us decided to have a go at a scenario from "Flesh Eaters Court" book. I don't really remember what it was called, but it was destined for 3 players.

Well, I won not much more to say in this subject. It was fun, yet didnt rally tell me much in terms of my Ironjawz tactics.

Since then I attended another small tournament. This time there was enough people :). Here you can find battle report (also in English for your reading pleasure...I hope) with pictures and everything :). It is my first game at this event. I wold gladly welcome any comments considering my tactics or lack of it :D. Was there any other way going about this battle?

https://zapomocaberdysza.wordpress.com/2016/11/16/age-of-sigmar-turniej-1000-pkt-bitwa-nr-1/

Cheers!

Nice looking Ironjawz! I'm a bit torn on this one because I'm a rat infested Skaven player too :)

I think I see one big mistake, and that was made at deployment. Knowing you were giving your opponent first turn and they would likely use the Realmgate (as well as Stormfiends) you should have deployed at least 8" or more away from the Realmgate, denying them their Warpfire Throwers as well as a charge in the first turn. Then in your first turn, countercharge. You would have had more Brutes alive and probably finished them off without a problem (given your insult to the Dice Gods) :) You would then have had enough Brutes to take care of the Deceiver. The rest would have been an easy mop up for Da Boyz :)

On 18.11.2016 at 10:05 AM, meet.the.doctor said:

@Berdysz which tournament was it? Where are you playing at?
PS. Tez jestem z Polski;) w Warszawie coraz wiecej turniejow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was Krakow at Vanaheim store.

On 16.11.2016 at 3:31 PM, Dez said:

Nice looking Ironjawz! I'm a bit torn on this one because I'm a rat infested Skaven player too :)

I think I see one big mistake, and that was made at deployment. Knowing you were giving your opponent first turn and they would likely use the Realmgate (as well as Stormfiends) you should have deployed at least 8" or more away from the Realmgate, denying them their Warpfire Throwers as well as a charge in the first turn. Then in your first turn, countercharge. You would have had more Brutes alive and probably finished them off without a problem (given your insult to the Dice Gods) :) You would then have had enough Brutes to take care of the Deceiver. The rest would have been an easy mop up for Da Boyz :)

I was nowhere near any Realmgate. Rules states that when moving through the gate, you can setup your units 6" from the table edge as well. That is what my opponent did. Still maybe I should have retain "the first move" and run forward, thus denying him shooting at least...

Archived