The Forgotten Dead - A PicLog

CoffeeGrunt

After taking a long break from AoS, I'm starting to get back into it. GHB17 was a bit disappointing in that very little has changed other than my Tomb Kings counts-as units being a bit useless now, but hey-ho. 

Got Mannfred painted up at last, still gotta sort out his missing cape skulls that seem to have gone walkabouts during storage.  Was a nice change of pace from all the 40K I've been painting lately:
hQxMPpu.jpg

aMDt8QQ.jpg

• Like 4

Yeah, I was just hoping for some things to shake up playstyle and the like. I mean, there's some nice additions and changes, but at the end of the day I'm pretty much still running the same lists in the same old way. :|

Ah well, here's some Dire Wolves I quickly slapped some paint on. These being Battleline might open up fun new options for me. (All cavalry force? All cavalry force!)

VmrRUXn.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Cool mourngul, I like those touches of ethereal blues/turquoise and the blood splatter. Now just because your not sold on him, otherwise I'd say he looks just fine. When I first saw your mourngul I did so with my f.lux on set on it lowest setting - candle light. This makes a really big contrast between some of your blues and some of the skin, particularly on the ribs, I think if you exagerate those blues more on the ribs, spine and other creveses and wrinkles it will really push out the details of your mourngul, heavily diluted wash of  some bieltan perhaps?

9 hours ago, Kronos said:

Cool mourngul, I like those touches of ethereal blues/turquoise and the blood splatter. Now just because your not sold on him, otherwise I'd say he looks just fine. When I first saw your mourngul I did so with my f.lux on set on it lowest setting - candle light. This makes a really big contrast between some of your blues and some of the skin, particularly on the ribs, I think if you exagerate those blues more on the ribs, spine and other creveses and wrinkles it will really push out the details of your mourngul, heavily diluted wash of  some bieltan perhaps?

I'll give it a go, maybe some edge highlights of a light blue as well. :)

23 hours ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

Got some more spooky skeletons painted up, bringing me up to a round total of 80 Skeleton Warriors!

I don't have a problem you have a problem.

Looking Good! Love to see some of the older Skeletons in the mix!  I wish I had 80 Skeletons, sounds like you need another 40 more! So that could be a problem! (For 3 blocks at max size!) 

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2017 at 5:20 AM, CoffeeGrunt said:

Yeah, I was just hoping for some things to shake up playstyle and the like. I mean, there's some nice additions and changes, but at the end of the day I'm pretty much still running the same lists in the same old way. :|

Ah well, here's some Dire Wolves I quickly slapped some paint on. These being Battleline might open up fun new options for me. (All cavalry force? All cavalry force!)

VmrRUXn.jpg

Historically, I have not been a fan of these models...this paint job has made me a believer!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/01/2018 at 7:59 PM, Thundercake said:

love that mierce miniature model, is that the biggest one that looks like that or is there a bigger one?

As far as I'm aware it's the biggest one. Aglaeca Dreaguth. 

I'm also just over halfway towards completing the Sepulchral Guard Shadespire set. Really fun models to paint,  despite being snap fit.

pilZKn2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

So I have - quite suitably - returned from the dead as the mortal realms are ravaged by plague, and I shelter from the storm. 

My army is almost entirely gone, but I've been steadily recollecting pieces from ebay and exhuming unpainted Nighthaunt I sequestered away for just such a dark moment. 

To start with, here's two Dreadblade Harrows I've painted up: :)

22WIX3s.jpg

djxvrhy.jpg

Edited by CoffeeGrunt