Curse of Years Math

Tittliewinks22

Very low, considering each successful cast averages to 1.67 wounds, which then have a 1/3 chance of wounding again.

1.67x0.33x0.5x0.67x0.83 = 0.15 or 1.5%

There is a 1.5% chance that you get to the first instance of it wounding on a 2+, and then 1 out of 6 times it will finally miss.

Can anyone clarify the wording on curse of years? "For each roll of six that unit suffers a mortal wound and you can roll an extra dice"

So I roll 10 dice and get two sixes, do I then roll those two dice again to aim for fives, or do I roll four dice to aim for fives?

I have been playing it as rolling the two dice.

its still rubbish though

47 minutes ago, TerrorPenguin said:

Can anyone clarify the wording on curse of years? "For each roll of six that unit suffers a mortal wound and you can roll an extra dice"

So I roll 10 dice and get two sixes, do I then roll those two dice again to aim for fives, or do I roll four dice to aim for fives?

I have been playing it as rolling the two dice.

its still rubbish though

basically every six you got you get to reroll and now you are shooting for 5+

so in your example it is indeed 2

Funny enough last night me and my buddy faced off our start collecting boxes, him iron jaws and me skeleton horde. 1 st turn I cast it and killed 2 ard boys, second turn we laughed about the odds of it getting the other 8, and then I proceeded to kill the other 8 watching his face drop and probably ruining any chance of him getting in to the game lol.

13 hours ago, TerrorPenguin said:

It's never done anything for me

Seems really odd. im definatly not using it incorrectly. But it did so much damage during the first few games i played it i was worried that it was to OP to play. especially since the first two games i played were open play (So no rules of 1) and i could have if i wanted to rolled it right down to 1+ rolls (I didnt. I always use 1's as fails for that spell).

5 hours ago, KHHaunts said:

Seems really odd. im definatly not using it incorrectly. But it did so much damage during the first few games i played it i was worried that it was to OP to play. especially since the first two games i played were open play (So no rules of 1) and i could have if i wanted to rolled it right down to 1+ rolls (I didnt. I always use 1's as fails for that spell).

To get it started, you have to roll sixes and my dice don't roll sixes, so it never works ;)

Archived