The Painting Contract - May 2024

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for May 2024!

If you don't know the rules, here they are:

• Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be any model for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Dungeon Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest or any GW game.
  • On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

Posted (edited)

OK.... let's see what I've got on my painting table for this month... 

1) Glutos. So far I've only finished the wheels and Painbringer Kyazu. This month I aim to finish Lashmaster Vhyssk, the Gourmalice, and get some decent work done on the chassis (for want of a better word!)

2) I've started painting Lascivyr from the Thricefold Discord. It seems like a simple model to paint. I'll put that down as my secondary target for the month. 

3) If I get stumped with these two tasks, then I've got a 'fun' model to fall back on. It's this guy... I think he's from Mordheim originally? Regardless, his aesthetic suits my collection perfectly, and I think he'll be a pleasurable model to paint. 

20240503_111548.jpg

Edited by Big Kim Woof-Woof
  • Like 2

For May I would like to focus solely on Eldar Combat Patrol. I’ve already done a lot of work in April and hopefully I can finish a Guardians squad and Windriders  this month.

I’ve just finished the weapon platform!

IMG_0999.jpeg

IMG_1001.jpeg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

A6ltnQr.jpg

ovJ0V1f.jpg

7dd5HWh.jpg

wEyCtDx.jpg

n2gmwWB.jpg

w3w6bvM.jpg

98QmQNz.jpg

MzS3GyL.jpg

I am starting to perform some research on how to level my lumineth - as they have some aspects that have proven challenging to me as a painter to really do justice. This is my first attempt at a Ydrillan Riverblade and I got her a little past shading. Really stoked with how she came out!

RaPV4Tz.jpg

KQ7Yp4b.jpg

dUKf05q.jpg

OAr6sNO.jpg

kT89iOt.jpg

ndLNXVs.jpg

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

I've kit bashed an O.C. Stormcast using Yndrasta+Reikonor's mount wings+a blood knight helm to create the daughter of a fallen underworld who's trying to reclaim it. She was given the soul blight curse as she died, and its influence on her soul has gotten worse with each reforging. I'm also working on her undead father and treacherous uncle, the Demi-god guise Belakor's wearing to convert the civilization that lives in the underworld to his cause, and some duardin and orruks who are there for profit and mayhem. Pictures to be posted later since I have a test today.

Edited by Twisted Firaun
  • Like 1

This month I’m hoping to get my Fangs of the Blood Queen box done. I’ve already started on 5 wolves and will be mostly drybrushing so should be achievable!

alongside that I’m going to build a unit of Stormcast Vanquishers and maybe Stormdrake Guard too if I get time.

25 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@Asbestress Great job!

Do you by chance have the ability to do a side by side size comparison of the warhulk ogor to any existing ogors?

I know roughly the size but would love a side by side. 

Sure. Not the best pic, but it should get the point across. Old one is around chest height of the Warhulk.

20240509_180932.jpg.b10806a37c7436790caa894071dc886d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Finally got the first 10 Fusiliers done.

20240513_091722.jpg.e1fe36fd5fcb074dc2b8dfcfcbbf1c9a.jpg

Overall, I found the models easier to work with than you might expect, but the wrought iron/trim just always kind of sucks to paint. Definitely the biggest barrier for me, after I had that part base coated, I finished the rest of the painting in a day.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1