Warhammer +

I've listed all the Loremasters in the last months and saw all the series available. I want to know what you think about the quality of the content added recently.

I think it is plummeting to a point where it is simply ridiculous. Where I noticed the most recently is with Loremasters. It has been decreasing slowly its length and quality in a very noticeable way. In the beginning, the episodes lasted between 25 and 35 minutes. Now between 10 and 15. 20 with luck. And the worst case is the last 3 weeks. An episode of 14 mins and another of 10 mins, about a pretty similar topic and sharing literally 3 mins or more worth of content. It is even worst when you know the next one is again about the same topic. Weird Orks.

• Like 2

Yeah, I've noticed this with Warhammer+. The most disappointing thing for me is the vault. They haven't added anything new for over 6 months. The episodes are getting shorter and the frequency of animated episodes is decreasing. 

I live in Japan and the value of the subscription is much better here. A single hero mini costs more than half the price of the subscription. That said if GW don't announce a major upheaval to the service this year, I won't bother resubscribing. I'm very curious to see what the next financial report says about it. I'd be very surprised if it's still growing. 

• Thanks 1

I unsubscribed back when the Only Hands thing happened (asking with an email me m to GW making it chat that's why I had).

I can't say I was ever that impressed by the contents though. Some of the animated pieces were decent, but I mostly subscribed for the free mini. I get the feeling it has probably been a bit of a failure on GW's side, and now they have their agreement with Amazon they'll likely slowly wind it down.

29 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Yeah, I've noticed this with Warhammer+. The most disappointing thing for me is the vault. They haven't added anything new for over 6 months. The episodes are getting shorter and the frequency of animated episodes is decreasing. 

I live in Japan and the value of the subscription is much better here. A single hero mini costs more than half the price of the subscription. That said if GW don't announce a major upheaval to the service this year, I won't bother resubscribing. I'm very curious to see what the next financial report says about it. I'd be very surprised if it's still growing. 

I noticed it because it is my first year subscribed. So I had all available to be seen. Here the yearly sub is 55 € and the minis from W+ are sold for 31,50 €. My sub was done days before year 2 ended, so I will cancel it and check which minis will be part of year 4, but subbing for its content, IMO, is a waste of money unless it is your first time and you want to "watch it all".

30 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

I unsubscribed back when the Only Hands thing happened (asking with an email me m to GW making it chat that's why I had).

I can't say I was ever that impressed by the contents though. Some of the animated pieces were decent, but I mostly subscribed for the free mini. I get the feeling it has probably been a bit of a failure on GW's side, and now they have their agreement with Amazon they'll likely slowly wind it down.

It's made GW a decent profit though. Compared to a lot of other streaming services, that's good. It will be interesting to see what the next financial report says. 

1 hour ago, JerekKruger said:

I get the feeling it has probably been a bit of a failure on GW's side, and now they have their agreement with Amazon they'll likely slowly wind it down.

I don't think it was a failure as I think it made a lot of money. But I think you are right about it winding down due to Amazon agreement. 

Personally, I've never used Warhammer+ but that's mainly because of how difficult it was to stream it to a 8 year old TV. I don't want to watch stuff on a laptop screen when I have a TV. :D 

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the Blood Angels series and Blacktalon was awesome. I really enjoyed the Age of Sigmar episodes of Hammer and Bolter too. Especially the Callis and Toll one. Masterclass has been great, picked some great painting tips off it. Vault has helped me get some very specific White Dwarf stuff that I wanted  to access. Everything else hasn’t really interested me that much. Don't really feel the need to be subscribed for longer than a few weeks a year.

Edited by Greyshadow
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Greyshadow said:

I really enjoyed the Blood Angels series and Blacktalon was awesome. I really enjoyed the Age of Sigmar episodes of Hammer and Bolter too. Especially the Callis and Toll one. Masterclass has been great, picked some great painting tips off it. Vault has helped me get some very specific White Dwarf stuff that I wanted  to access. Everything else has really interested me that much. Don't really feel the need to be subscribed for longer than a few weeks a year.

Yeah. Unless you want a specific model, a month where you have time to watch its content is enough.

35 minutes ago, Hollow said:

It has to be in a holding pattern due to Amazon. GW could add so much more value to Warhammer+ I think they could honestly have 500k subscribers paying £10 a month. That would require significant investment and a proper plan though.

Yeah. Since the beginning, it seems to me that they didn't put the investment required for it to work and that the minis are saving the day.

I subscribe.  The amount of content vs price was always a little questionable.  But I really like the animations - even the 40k ones although I don't play 40k much.  However, in the last year(ish), it feels like the animations have really slowed down.  And that was the best part of the service, to me.  

In the beginning, the total content was small, but it seemed like we were getting new shows fairly frequently.  Blood Angels, Interrogator, and a bunch of others.  As long as they continued to come out, I was OK with subscribing.  But it seems like the content has gotten shorter and shorter, and there are more and more long breaks with nothing new.  At least my kid likes the battle reports. Loremasters also used to be better.  It doesn't seem like they could run out of interesting topics with the lore as vast as it is, but the new episodes do seem to be on the decline.  

I'm subscribed through August, but I have serious doubts that I'll continue subscribing without some increase in content.  

2 minutes ago, MitGas said:

This. And then those minis can't be ordered after some time and they don't tell you that. 😂

Wdym? I only registered to year 2 (currently running sub), but I think I've read it pretty clearly that the minis are only available for those who purchased a subscription during that year.

image.png.881aa653b3cd89032fe8bd34006e8ff5.png

1 minute ago, Ferban said:

I subscribe.  The amount of content vs price was always a little questionable.  But I really like the animations - even the 40k ones although I don't play 40k much.  However, in the last year(ish), it feels like the animations have really slowed down.  And that was the best part of the service, to me.  

In the beginning, the total content was small, but it seemed like we were getting new shows fairly frequently.  Blood Angels, Interrogator, and a bunch of others.  As long as they continued to come out, I was OK with subscribing.  But it seems like the content has gotten shorter and shorter, and there are more and more long breaks with nothing new.  At least my kid likes the battle reports. Loremasters also used to be better.  It doesn't seem like they could run out of interesting topics with the lore as vast as it is, but the new episodes do seem to be on the decline.  

I'm subscribed through August, but I have serious doubts that I'll continue subscribing without some increase in content.  

I am exactly like you. I subscribed at the end of August. I will cancel and wait for the announcement of the 4th year minis. I have the feeling it is CoS time. If so, I will subscribe. If not, I will wait for content for another year or so.

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Wdym? I only registered to year 2 (currently running sub), but I think I've read it pretty clearly that the minis are only available for those who purchased a subscription during that year.

They still owe me my Slaves sorceress from year 2 and I can‘t order it now and despite writing them I never got it. I can live without it (tho I‘d like the little cultist familiar) but it sucks that these minis are time-sensitive despite them never stating they are. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I thought I‘d order it along with some stuff so that I don‘t cause them extra shipping but let‘s just say that I‘ve learned something for the future. Every nice deed gets punished instantly! 😆

2 minutes ago, MitGas said:

They still owe me my Slaves sorceress from year 2 and I can‘t order it now and despite writing them I never got it. I can live without it (tho I‘d like the little cultist familiar) but it sucks that these minis are time-sensitive despite them never stating they are. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I thought I‘d order it along with some stuff so that I don‘t cause them extra shipping but let‘s just say that I‘ve learned something for the future. Every nice deed gets punished instantly! 😆

So you have to buy them during your year subscription period?

Edited by Ejecutor

50 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

So you have to buy them during your year subscription period?

Yes. Also order the one included in your subscription ASAP, don't be a moron like me!

Perhaps they will produce another run but currently you can't order the first and second year minis anymore. This and not giving non-UKers a chance to get the Steel Rook seriously annoys me. I don't need those minis, it's not like they're important in a Tzeentch collection but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Or not being able to get the Nurgle herald for AGES (and we all know that it's a standout mini). GW fails so often in recent years and it's a shame as for a couple of years they did pretty much everything right. Now they're in self-sabotaging mode. Sorry for the negativity, I don't want to whine, I just want Warhammer to flourish and it feels like they stand in their own way.

8 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Yes. Also order the one included in your subscription ASAP, don't be a moron like me!

Perhaps they will produce another run but currently you can't order the first and second year minis anymore. This and not giving non-UKers a chance to get the Steel Rook seriously annoys me. I don't need those minis, it's not like they're important in a Tzeentch collection but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Or not being able to get the Nurgle herald for AGES (and we all know that it's a standout mini). GW fails so often in recent years and it's a shame as for a couple of years they did pretty much everything right. Now they're in self-sabotaging mode. Sorry for the negativity, I don't want to whine, I just want Warhammer to flourish and it feels like they stand in their own way.

Maybe you can try to get the Steel Rook from someone from this forum. I got mine that way. I think there is going to event in Germany at some point where it is going to be available, which will be closer.

• Thanks 1

LOL. Again the same thing with Loremasters. An episode's worth of content is pushed into two different episodes.

image.png.551c76f67740765efa0521a7097318cd.png

Such mercurial realms rise and fall across the known world, but by far the most renowned of them is the collection of fiefdoms and city-states known as the Border Princes. This ever-shifting region to the south of the Empire is a hotspot for eager adventurers and disgraced nobles seeking a slice of power for themselves, and over the next two weeks Loremasters is taking you on an expedition through this land of unfettered opportunity.

The first episode is available to watch on Warhammer+ today, which examines the hardy people that call this region home and the daily struggles against roving Orcs, bandits, and Beastman brayherds they endure to survive. The Border Princes are seen as a land of freedom for many downtrodden peasants, optimistic mercenaries, or exiled Bretonnian nobles looking to better their lives, but any real success is hard-won, and few have the strength and resources to claim a corner for themselves. 

Next week, Loremasters delves into the wars that wrack this volatile province – both against outside invaders and their neighbouring lords – as a never-ending stream of outsiders throws its precarious boundaries into constant flux. 

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Haha 1

On 4/30/2024 at 4:30 PM, Ejecutor said:

I've registered to WH+ on the first day you could, so I should get one mini per year for free and have the option to buy the second exclusive one if I wanted to. GW owes me my year 2 mini as I can't order it anymore (and didn't order it before) but it was never stated to be a timed exclusive, you just needed to be subscribed in that year. You get one mini per year you are subscribed to, so since I'm a subscriber since year 1, I should be able to order the missing one. Right now, I got the minis for year 1 and 3. Once again, it doesn't matter, the figure is mostly a big meh anyways but they should've said that you need to order them until date X in order to get them (I claimed them early and expected to be able to get them when i next order other stuff along with it). 

Edit: whoops, thought this was a new post and I didn't explain it well enough. 

Edited by MitGas
  • Haha 1