Poll: Paint

Paint brand  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Citadel
    • Vallejo
    • Army painter
    • Other (please comment)

Mostly Citadel out of familiarity, but I'm gradually picking up more Monument Pro Acryl and Two Thin Coats stuff and I really like both ranges. Mostly Scale75 for metallics, but I might switch to TTC for those as well in the future. I'd like to get some of Army Painter's triads, too.

I use a mix of Citadel & Vallejo Model Color - don't like the Game Color personally.

I'm in th process of switching out my Citadel colors for Two Thin Coats, whenever I need a new color. I really like them a lot.

Sooner or later I'll also try the new army painter paints. I have the lingering feeling they'll be quite good, if you know what you want (and get).

Posted (edited)

My only criticism of Two Thin Coats (apart from their availability) is that the metallics are a bit lacklustre. The silvers come out greyish. Vallejo metallics are definitely the way to go. Citadel metallics are largely quite good, too. 

Edited by Big Kim Woof-Woof

I tend to use Citadel paints out of habit and convenience (other ranges tend to take longer to be available in my area, and there's nothing more annoying than having to pause while waiting for a new stock of the right color to keep going).

Though to be honest, with age, I struggle to enjoy painting with my eyes and hands getting worse. Since I take longer breaks between painting times, I guess availability isn't such an issue in the tend. I'm also looking more and more at easier ways of painting.

I started with Citadel due to it availability in my country.  A couple of times I was painting, opened a pot I found the paint was completely dry. I don't have a game store in my town, so it takes a couple o days to get new paints (some times months if the paint is out of stock), so I mostly moved away from Citadel. I mostly use Vallejo now a days and I pretty happy with it. For future projects I probably will try some Two thin coats and some army painters speed painters, after seeing some reviews of both ranges.

Posted (edited)

These days I mostly use Scale 75 and Vallejo, particularly when it comes to metallics (Vallejo Metal Colour for silvers, S75 for golds and bronze).

Occasionally I still fall back on the odd Citadel paint where necessary but I've been phasing them out for Two Thin Coats derivatives where possible.

I've also dipped into a few AK Third Gen on occasion.

Edited by Clan's Cynic