Warhammer Store Crusade Cities

I'm starting this thread in an attempt to catalogue all the potential new cities being fought over in the more than 500 official Warhammer stores.
If you feel uncomfortable sharing info about your location, you can still contribute by, say, checking out what's going on over in New Zealand. Or if you are from there, why not look at one of the (frankly maybe too many) UK stores?

Most stores' info should be available on their Facebook pages.

So, to start off, Warhammer World and all Austrian stores;

• Warhammer World - Wilderforte
  • Wien Westbanhof - Astrid's Eyrie
  • Wien Gasometer - Goblet Rock
  • Graz - Marona's Post
  • Linz - Unknown
  • Innsbruck - Unknown
  • Klagenfurt - Unknown

Inspired by @EonChao

• Like 1

The new GW store here in Wrocław only opened last week, so is going to be starting its Dawnbringer campaign a bit late. I hope to find out the details re the particular city when it kicks off at the end of next week (I think).

• Like 1

Here is the list of all Australian Stores I could find info on.

Ringwood - Gilded Ridge
Melbourne - Draconum
Ascot Vale - Brightman Ridge
Bendigo - Witherstone
Albury - Beaston
Oakleigh - Marona's Mark
Belconnen - Minnarkis
Phillip - Gheist’s Bite
Wollongong - Zealot's End
Miranda - Glimvast Magna
Liverpool - Scintilla's Stand
Penrith - Martyr's Magna
Baulkham Hills - Goblet Creek
Parramatta - Hunter's Delta
Sydney - Gheist's Harbour
Erina - Callous Isle
Newcastle - Warth's Stand
Fremantle - Firestrike Post
Perth - Centrum Gate
Casuarina - Travellers End
Cairns - Last Chance
Townsville - Callous Tor
Maroochydore - Moonstrike Ridge
Mt Gravatt - Hunter’s Choice

• Like 1

Maybe I missed the recap but what exactly is happening here?

These cities "exist" and they'll get destroyed or not depending on games played in them?

I mean judging from the number of them it won't matter one way or the other. They're not on any maps nor could they possibly include this many cities into the games lore (especially considering how much they reuse assets from book to book) so what are we hoping for? Maybe a list of which ones "won" and "lost" at the most?

19 hours ago, The Red King said:

Maybe I missed the recap but what exactly is happening here?

These cities "exist" and they'll get destroyed or not depending on games played in them?

I mean judging from the number of them it won't matter one way or the other. They're not on any maps nor could they possibly include this many cities into the games lore (especially considering how much they reuse assets from book to book) so what are we hoping for? Maybe a list of which ones "won" and "lost" at the most?

Judging from some of the store Facebook posts, the surviving cities should get their own colour schemes and icons designed by the local community (at least for the 2 Vienna stores).
Whether this will be the case for all cities, or if this is just something a few stores are doing to expand on the event is still up in the air though.

And judging by some of the city names posted here, most names seem to be generated from a pre-existing list (i.e.: Astrid's Eyrie and Astrid's Gate, The Last Eyrie, Last Gate and Last Chance)

So this will most likely have very little impact for most us (maybe some cities some writers take a liking to may end up on maps as generic points of interest/ or as little lore blurbs), but so much cool hobby stuff has gone undocumented in the past that I thought it would be nice to have a little collage of what happened.

• Like 2

On 3/31/2024 at 11:35 PM, Asbestress said:

Judging from some of the store Facebook posts, the surviving cities should get their own colour schemes and icons designed by the local community (at least for the 2 Vienna stores).
Whether this will be the case for all cities, or if this is just something a few stores are doing to expand on the event is still up in the air though.

And judging by some of the city names posted here, most names seem to be generated from a pre-existing list (i.e.: Astrid's Eyrie and Astrid's Gate, The Last Eyrie, Last Gate and Last Chance)

So this will most likely have very little impact for most us (maybe some cities some writers take a liking to may end up on maps as generic points of interest/ or as little lore blurbs), but so much cool hobby stuff has gone undocumented in the past that I thought it would be nice to have a little collage of what happened.

Thanks for starting the thread. And that was my main thought too, there's so many lost little ideas in the fandom that something like this really does deserve to be catalogued as both a record of the hobby for future people to look back at when trying to remember and a resource of locations and names to help us populate the backgrounds to our armies and campaigns.

The stores cities I've looked into are:
Birmingham (UK) - Gheist's Isle (no realm) defended by the freeguilds of Griffin Peak lead my High Marshal Grimwing against the Green Horde of Durlak da Destroya

Burton-Upon-Trent (UK) - Zennigan's Chance (Chamon) floating city built in a region known as God's Hoard

Coventry (UK) - Bastian's Vale (Ghyran) settling in a valley previously inhabited by a colony of Flesh-Eater Courts ghouls and claimed by the Hammers of Sigmar led by Bastian Carthalos

Derby (UK) - Goblet Gate (no realm)

Dudley (UK) - Marona's Glimmering (Shyish)

Leicester (UK) - Zennigan's Magna (possibly Ghur based on their poll)

Loughborough (UK) - Bastian's Rock (no realm)

Manchester (UK) - no city named so far

Nottingham (UK) - no city named so far

Nuneaton (UK) - no city named so far

Sheffield (UK) - Firestrike Rock (no realm)

Wigan (UK) - no city named so far

Wolverhampton (UK) - Callous Gate (no realm)

• Like 1

A little extra info for AU:
Belconnen (AU) - Minnarkis (Gyran, 14 day long community lead input on all lore aspects and an in store board build to match it)
Sydney Flagship (AU) - Gheist's Harbour (no realm, very little community interaction)

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 2:44 AM, GloomkingWortwazi said:

A little extra info for AU:
Belconnen (AU) - Minnarkis (Gyran, 14 day long community lead input on all lore aspects and an in store board build to match it)
Sydney Flagship (AU) - Gheist's Harbour (no realm, very little community interaction)

This is the board that the store staff built from the 14 day long community lore input for the Belconnen store's Free City, Minnarkis:

image.jpeg

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi
FB broke the images...
  • Like 2

Birmingham has been running games in which the heroes leading each players armies can try and escape Gheist's Isle's harbour in the face of an invading army to prepare to bring reinforcements to save the city, using a board made from Cursed City tiles, which is really cool.

The Derby store has updated with a description of Goblet Gate's location, trade and history. They're also having a painting contest using to determine the city guard's colour scheme with free minis to use to do so. Might be worth seeing if your local store is doing the same.

To the south of the Living City in the realm of Ghyran, lies the region of Futilla Wood. The ancient trees cast long shadows and the haunted glades chime to the sound of tainted beasts. Sitting proud on an outcrop of solid Gyranite realm stone, the city of Goblet Gate guards the eastern approaches to Futilla Wood. Famed for it's fine wines produced in the rich, loamy soils surrounding the city, Goblet Gate has become a major trading hub suppling The Living City, the Phoenicium and many other great bastions of order beyond.
However, the city has a dark history... Once it used to be the seat of a another master, an undead monster who was banished with sword and flame centuries before. Many citizens still tell the tale that the Goblet their famed city was named after was once used to collect the blood of its people for sinister and dark rituals. They even say that armies are mustering in the haunted woods beyond the city ready to claim the city for themselves and secure the treasures still sealed away in the bedrock and catacombs of the troubled city.
Now in the darkest of nights, screams ring out once more and the city guard are hard pressed keeping law and order. People are going missing and murmurings of a dark prophesy coming true are all that can be heard in the inns and boarding houses of Goblet Gate...

Nottingham's city is called Firestrike Vale.

• Like 1

Zaragoza: https://www.facebook.com/GWZaragoza/posts/pfbid025Voc7nzC7pPmWkCuEi8Fyb5MbHVYj8VsaoRZLHgH5Z5yVSj8yfohWfLx4NiDfYYtl

The Dawnbringer Crusade begins!

In the dark realm of Shyish, a Dawnbringer Crusade ventures into the domains of Nagash to found the Rest of the Fanatic, a city whose purpose is to keep the forces of the Great Necromancer at bay and prevent their arrival in the Realm of Aqshy through an ancient Realm Portal believed to be destroyed.

Leading this Crusade is Sathriel Shadowlance, a mysterious and taciturn Stormcast Eternal of whom little is known. She, leading her Shadow Shields, will be the first column upon which the Rest of the Fanatic will settle...

Rest of the Fanatic will undoubtedly be a dark, harsh place, full of dangers and enemies.

On April 6th, we will launch the Crusade and it will be you who decide the fate of the Rest of the Fanatic.

If in the meantime you want to know more about how to participate in this campaign, stay tuned because every day we will reveal more about this event and the story surrounding Sathriel Shadowlance and the Rest of the Fanatic.

See you later!

*Translated with Chat GPT

• 2 weeks later...