The Painting Contract - January 2024

On 1/10/2024 at 3:46 AM, Michelle said:

I kept hearing about this in your podcasts, and honestly is part of why it drew me to these forums. 
So I'll try hard and partake here, so my goal this month is to paint up a brick of dreadscythe harridans that are (regrettably) still sitting in their box.  >_<

We on a podcast? XD Nice to see some more Nighthaunt.

Edited by Gitzdee

So here is my progress:

FEC Blisterskins: are almost done, Just the Bats to do and the bases, got no clue what to do with the bases yet.

Nighthaunt Lady Harrow's Mournflight: Base colour done, after i took this picture i put a wash on them.

Seraphon The Starblood Stalkers: first time using my new airbrush, so this is really experimental for me. 

Hope to finish the Blisterskins this week and make a good start on the Nighthaunt.

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-12 at 08.21.45 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-12 at 08.21.45 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-12 at 08.21.45.jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

Halfway through the month already, but I need some motivation.

Some modest goals to start off with; paint at least 4 more Steelhelms, a Cavalier and then an Alchemite or Battlemage as a break to my new standard.

Spoiler

image.png.7205c8226d2938b19af3fae9ae062c39.png

Spoiler

image.png.8b1158dd855f71be69f1be24c0e454c6.png

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

27 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Some modest goals to start off with; paint at least 4 more Steelhelms, a Cavalier and then an Alchemite or Battlemage as a break to my new standard.

Hide contents

Hide contents

Keep at it! Steelhelms are not the most enjoyable unit to paint, but they look really nice once you are done with them. Your scheme looks great on them!

The alchemite is super fun to paint, though, so you got a nice reward coming :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Asbestress said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Looking damn good! The deep blue is a lovely contrast to the earthier colours. Keep it up, you've got this! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking at... but I damn well like them, regardless! 

What do you mean? They are fish friend and brezel guy, it says so right there ;)

They are Gargoylians from the new Cities of Sigmar kits. Basically a bunch of little medieval art creatures you can use to decorate your bases. In the lore, they are mysterious beings characterized by being drawn to strong expessions of faith and their hate for chaos.

I just really like those little dudes. I think the idea of a small land fish biting a chaos warrior in the ankle is hilarious.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

What do you mean? They are fish friend and brezel guy, it says so right there ;)

They are Gargoylians from the new Cities of Sigmar kits. Basically a bunch of little medieval art creatures you can use to decorate your bases. In the lore, they are mysterious beings characterized by being drawn to strong expessions of faith and their hate for chaos.

I just really like those little dudes. I think the idea of a small land fish biting a chaos warrior in the ankle is hilarious.

I like them even more now! I'm hugely in favour of mad little detailing like that. I've used some old metal Chaos Familiars in a similar way.... just making bases more characterful.