The Painting Contract - September 2023

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for September 2023.

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Dungeon Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest, Gorechosen, or HeroQuest

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  @TheOtherJosh& special thanks to @Kramer and @Sparxius

Decided to make a start on my FEC, specifically the Jerrions Delegation box. I plan to hopefully paint at least 10 ghouls, 3 crypt horrors or flayers and the marrowscroll herald. once I get all that painted up I'll decide whether I want to paint the rest of the box or have a break and paint some Misthavn CoS.

Thought I'd paint up a single model to test out the scheme before painting the whole lot and I'm fairly happy with how it turned out, was worried that the skin might've been too dark but after seeing it fully finished I think it looks alright.

The only things I might change going forward with the other models is painting the bones/teeth differently so they aren't quite as yellow and putting some thinned carroburg crimson instead of berserker bloodshade over the sore/inflamed bits so they stand out a tad more. image.png.115be2a1b9330031244933d8d5e8e29d.png

• Like 6

My goal for this month (now im taking a little break from SW legion) is to get my 5 new cavaliers painted before I go off on holiday at the end of next week.

-Bonus goal 1 is to finish building a unit of 10 steelhelms
-Bonus goal 2 is to get my friends power rangers rpg models started paint wise

Edited by Lightbox
  • Like 2