AoS Cities of Sigmar Battletome 2023 Discussion

37 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

That's also something I would like. My problem with using suppressive fire so far has been that you can only trigger the order in your own shooting phase. Which means that to use it, you need to shoot but not kill a unit, beat its bravery, and then get it involved in melee and then have another one of your units in melee. All only on your own turn. Which is actually kind of hard to do.

If you could suppressive fire off of Unleash Hell (or any shooting attack) it would actually be super nice. Get charged, make them strike last, get in a hit with your Blazing Weapons bayonets. Seems like a fun interaction.

* counter charge with knights or Steelhelms on top

58 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

* counter charge with knights or Steelhelms on top

That would actually be super sweet.

Fun stat, btw: A Steelhelm counter-charge kinda looks like trash, but it is equivalent to a round of melee from a Steam Tank. But with the added bonus of your opponent probably not wanting to spend command points on All-Out Defense, since they are on the attack.

• Like 1

The rules for the Saviors of Cinderfall are here:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/pFO1pSeBSGlPxsGR.pdf

First impressions:

• Offense: Melee is solid for both, ranged is OK for Callis and Toll. Callis and Toll are actually quite fighty. They get double damage against WIZARDS and DEMONS, and Toll can auto-kill stuff by rolling 2d6 above wound characteristic at the end of combat. WIZARDS should definitely be scared. I don't think there are many WIZARDS that would live through a counter-charge from them.
  • Defense: Callis and Toll: 10 wounds, 4+ save, 5+ ward. Companions: 11 wounds, 4+ non-lowerable save. HUMAN keyword for Command Corps healing. Seems solid.
  • Movement: 5" move, so slow. But can use Advance in Formation and can deep strike onto terrain. Seems workable.
  • Support: Verentia from the Companions gains you command points if the opponent uses commands around the unit. It's an OK upside.
  • Locked to Hammerhal Aqsha, although that barely matter.
  • Two hero units, but only one LEADERS slot. So two Orders, which they can fully self-benefit from.

The units cost 350 points together.

I think these units have a role: Grabbing and defending an objective early. They look interesting, because they present the opponent with a problem they need to deal with, likely out somewhere hard to get to.

If I remember correctly, the Regiment of Renown gives them +1 to saves and wards on objectives, which actually seems like a huge bonus. If you can give the Companions a ward (with Zenestra or Steelhelms), they become very hard to remove: Potential 3+ unrendable save, 5+ or 4+ ward, plus Command Corps healing.

They look fun. I'll proxy them sometime to see if they play well.

10 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The rules for the Saviors of Cinderfall are here:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/pFO1pSeBSGlPxsGR.pdf

First impressions:

• Offense: Melee is solid for both, ranged is OK for Callis and Toll. Callis and Toll are actually quite fighty. They get double damage against WIZARDS and DEMONS, and Toll can auto-kill stuff by rolling 2d6 above wound characteristic at the end of combat. WIZARDS should definitely be scared. I don't think there are many WIZARDS that would live through a counter-charge from them.
  • Defense: Callis and Toll: 10 wounds, 4+ save, 5+ ward. Companions: 11 wounds, 4+ non-lowerable save. HUMAN keyword for Command Corps healing. Seems solid.
  • Movement: 5" move, so slow. But can use Advance in Formation and can deep strike onto terrain. Seems workable.
  • Support: Verentia from the Companions gains you command points if the opponent uses commands around the unit. It's an OK upside.
  • Locked to Hammerhal Aqsha, although that barely matter.
  • Two hero units, but only one LEADERS slot. So two Orders, which they can fully self-benefit from.

The units cost 350 points together.

I think these units have a role: Grabbing and defending an objective early. They look interesting, because they present the opponent with a problem they need to deal with, likely out somewhere hard to get to.

If I remember correctly, the Regiment of Renown gives them +1 to saves and wards on objectives, which actually seems like a huge bonus. If you can give the Companions a ward (with Zenestra or Steelhelms), they become very hard to remove: Potential 3+ unrendable save, 5+ or 4+ ward, plus Command Corps healing.

They look fun. I'll proxy them sometime to see if they play well.

They look interesting. I think you have the wound count wrong on the companions. There are 4 of them (thief, stormcast, Bond villain and bird hound) and the stormcast has 5 wounds. I think they have 14 wounds. I’m doubting myself now though.

I don’t know how I’d look at splitting them up points wise, but attack profile wise Callis and Toll are the same as Galen Van D, which means if we are assuming a similar points then I’d assume C + T are about 160 points and the companions about 190. Which looks like it kind of works out. These seem somewhat like a command corps, but more about their own synergies than buffing others. Having easy access to a 3++ save with 14 wounds at 190 points seems interesting, particularly if you get to deploy them mid board. 

One thing to note is that they are Hammerhal Firey one, which means no Misthäven or Lethis buff. Also same one as Thalia, and 4+ rally in combat on a 3++ unit is perhaps a warcrime

Side note, the black ark fleetmaster is weirdly fighty. I was checking to see what the normal CoS hero profile was and I keep forgetting the black ark fleetmaster is noticeably more fighty than other heroes alongside the warden king. I do really like the fleetmaster though, but I think I might like pirates too much.

10 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

They look interesting. I think you have the wound count wrong on the companions. There are 4 of them (thief, stormcast, Bond villain and bird hound) and the stormcast has 5 wounds. I think they have 14 wounds. I’m doubting myself now though.

Yeah, completely forgot about the doggo. Even better, in that case. It means that you can lose both it and the rogue lady before the Companions lose any of their important rules.

One thing to note is that they are Hammerhal Firey one, which means no Misthäven or Lethis buff. Also same one as Thalia, and 4+ rally in combat on a 3++ unit is perhaps a warcrime

Interesting that you bring up Lethis. I would have assumed that only non-named heroes would be able to become priests from that allegiance, but the wording actually does not prevent named characters from benefiting. Might be fun to turn the Ven Densts and Hexbane into priests for a witch hunter army.

Actually, between the Ven Densts, Hexbane and the Saviors of Cinderfall, is witch hunter spam a viable meme list now?

Side note, the black ark fleetmaster is weirdly fighty. I was checking to see what the normal CoS hero profile was and I keep forgetting the black ark fleetmaster is noticeably more fighty than other heroes alongside the warden king. I do really like the fleetmaster though, but I think I might like pirates too much.

I noticed the same with the Alchemite, who gets a 3 attacks, 3+/3+/-1/d3 profile instead of the normal wizard bonk. Killed two Chaos Knights for me in one combat last game.

13 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Yeah, completely forgot about the doggo

I think you were right the first time, the dog is not an actual model (as in, with a wound count), he's clearly indicated as a companion (core rules 22.3.1)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

I think you were right the first time, the dog is not an actual model (as in, with a wound count), he's clearly indicated as a companion (core rules 22.3.1)

Oh wow, confusing. But I suppose reading the Warscroll explains the Warscroll:

The models in Toll’s Companions are
Valius, the Keeper Aqshian, Mistress
Verentia and Lyssa Revenya.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Haha 1

You City-folk are very astute and correct to not reply... my previous query was in fact a duplicitous reconnaissance mission for my Ogors to find out how to beat that Cities army.  Which they did anyways. 

The Steelhelm screens were lifted handily by the Frostlord on Stonehorn after being trampled.  The Fusiliers did very little in their shooting (the Stank however did a bunch of damage with AOA...not so much in regular shooting without the CP available).  The Cavaliers would have been more effective for my opponent, but at only 2 wounds each, even with a 3+ save, they got Trampled horribly on the right flank (because Stonehorns are fast), and the other unit with Cav Marshal got whittled down with unleash hell and stomp from a Thundertusk, then kinda whiffed with the icy -1 to hit in melee, then finished off with more icy breaths and stomps later.

The Whisperblade did like 10 damage however to my Huskard on Stonehorn with his rapier after Engage the Foe.  That was spicy!

I'm in the midst of building my Cavalier forces...but not super sure how they are able to deal with big nasties, nor how those LVO champs won so big vs all those armies (other than genius generalship?).  For sure I think investing in units that can zip around, evade combat, and nab backfield objectives is a must.  They're one army that seems like they need allies for certain things.  Yeah we have cheap monsters, but they're not great monsters, and will they even stick around after 4th ed. starts?  That's why I'm loathe to get any more Dark Aelves for them, despite the chariots/Fleetmaster being a good anti monster unit, and the Tenebrael Shards, etc.

• Sad 1

Some person that deserves the best karma in the mortal realms send me the steel rook and i finally got the package today! Lets do this Lethis army! Thanks facebook lootgroup and thanks @Ejecutor! Now i need to start saving to actually buy the models XD.

20240312_134708.jpg.609346b492e1a99a8fab3add7e89300c.jpg

• LOVE IT! 2

6 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Some person that deserves the best karma in the mortal realms send me the steel rook and i finally got the package today! Lets do this Lethis army! Thanks facebook lootgroup and thanks @Ejecutor! Now i need to start saving to actually buy the models XD.

20240312_134708.jpg.609346b492e1a99a8fab3add7e89300c.jpg

Why do you thank me?! xD (And the only proper way to really thank me is to send it to me!! I am waiting for mine to be shipped)

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Why do you thank me?! xD (And the only proper way to really thank me is to send it to me!! I am waiting for mine to be shipped)

You gave me the heads up about the facebook group :).

On 3/2/2024 at 7:58 PM, Ejecutor said:

Btw, just show in the loot FB group that someone shared here (I think @Gitzdee) that the Rook (and many others) is being sold in Warhammer World!!

image.png.5f82a878773ea44e59a2d8c4e13e32a9.png

image.png.ca8d0b5fedf7af944476b3c8f337fd01.png

This XD. I hope u get yours soon! I think i just got lucky this time. But i am really happy to join the CoS family with the wildercorps hunters and now this model. Dont know where to go from here though.

Edited by Gitzdee

22 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

This XD. I hope u get yours soon! I think i just got lucky this time. But i am really happy to join the CoS family with the wildercorps hunters and now this model. Dont know where to go from here though.

Spearhead or Army box, if there are any remaining ones. Or Callis and Toll 😏 I have all the AoS models made so far for CoS apart from the Rook. With book 6 (to get free shipping) I would order a second copy of the Ogor and Fusiliers and all my purchases for CoS would be closed so far.

• LOVE IT! 1

52 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Spearhead or Army box, if there are any remaining ones. Or Callis and Toll 😏 I have all the AoS models made so far for CoS apart from the Rook. With book 6 (to get free shipping) I would order a second copy of the Ogor and Fusiliers and all my purchases for CoS would be closed so far.

I am thinking about getting the Krethusa box and build the Dark Riders, i want to try and trade the Sisters of Slaughter to get a 2nd Dark Riders unit. That would get me

Krethusa (ally raven priest)

The Steel Rook

2 units of Dark Riders

1 unit Wildercorps Hunters 

Thinking about adding Qulathis to the Rook and run them as a Marshall and Envoy. 

Also thinking about converting this one to an Assassin by replacing the gun with a spare crossbow from the Wildercorpse Hunters.

image.png.4518aaf7f7faa4b3ee1fe7c0d4801d75.png

Would need a unit of Steelhelms to unlock battleline for the Wildercorps Hunters. Think this would get me close to a 1k list.

Any tips/ ideas are most welcome to help me with brainstorming ^^.

Edited by Gitzdee

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I am thinking about getting the Krethusa box and build the Dark Riders, i want to try and trade the Sisters of Slaughter to get a 2nd Dark Riders unit. That would get me

Krethusa (ally raven priest)

The Steel Rook

2 units of Dark Riders

1 unit Wildercorps Hunters 

Thinking about adding Qulathis to the Rook and run them as a Marshall and Envoy. 

Also thinking about converting this one to an Assassin by replacing the gun with a spare crossbow from the Wildercorpse Hunters.

image.png.4518aaf7f7faa4b3ee1fe7c0d4801d75.png

Would need a unit of Steelhelms to unlock battleline for the Wildercorps Hunters. Think this would get me close to a 1k list.

Any tips/ ideas are most welcome to help me with brainstorming ^^.

Krethusa: If you like the model, and want to have that kind of Allies side, go for it! I have three Stormcast units just because I like how they look and would probably take some from the Rats box if I find them interesting. It deffo has all that Lethis flavour.

Dark Riders: I am trying to avoid WHFB based on a mix of aesthetics looking old and very likely having a shorter lifetime. But the same reasoning as above can be applied. Do you like it? Go for it! I bought an entire  Warhammer Quest box purely to get the Excelsior Warpriest, which is a Legends miniature.

Qulathis as envoy? I don't visualise, but why not? but that Aeldar as Assasins? 100%. You could even clone a rifle from the Ogor kit and put him a Sniper rifle! It would be an easier conversion and the Aeldari rifle already has those CoS vibes on the handle.

About the army box or Spear-head, even if you just want a unit of 10 Stelhelms go for it if the second-hand market is moving in your area. Why? I will put as an example what I did.

I bought 2 Army boxes. The first one is entirely for me and the second is just because I want two units of almost all the units (2 boxes of everything that can be built noticeably different).

From the second box, I sold everything else. It is true that I used a voucher for 33-35 € from the day I bought 10 Leviathan copies to share, but after selling everything that I didn't want my minis cost me the following:

Alchemite: 8,04 €
Marshall and Relic: 9,39 €
10 Steelhelm units (2): 11,40 € each
5 Cavaliers units (2): 14,75 € each

The same applies to the Spearhead. I took advantage of its announcement and sold 1 of the Steelhelms and Cavaliers units from the above box and that left me with the Marshall on horse and Cannon for 12 € each.

The game is pricey, so I do this kind of "odd" logic to make it as affordable as possible, and if you buy a big box you have access to the sprues, you can check it carefully and make decisions about keeping them or not.

And you can even go rogue like me! I sell most of my Stormbringer sprues, but before selling one (and probably would do it again) I made a mould for one bit that I really liked!

• Thanks 1

Yeah im still not sure what to do. I just think Qulathis fits Wanderers better than Sylvaneth at the moment. But they got squatted. So i thought maybe i could proxy as something else in the CoS tome. 

Edit: I also own some Wild Riders. Hope this Kin of the Stag is becoming something good.

Edited by Gitzdee

Had a game against Kruleboyz yesterday. First game post-battlescroll. They are a tough match up for me, since the strength of my list are good shooting, magic and saves, but they bring anti-shooting, anti-magic and mortals. I knew this would difficult match, and it ended 21-19 for Kruleboyz in the last battleround, which is a score I can live with.

I am not going to go through the game in-depth, but I had a fun interaction I want to write about. My opponent was trying to push a big unit of 20 Gutrippas on the point to the right. You can see him inch on it just enough to capture it. I had a counter-charge order on the Hurricanum and counter-fire on the Tank Commander on the right.

20240317_105609.jpg.8578b8f42698168a1baf756b026d0dd2.jpg

So here's what happened: I counter-charge with the Tank Commander. My opponent uses Unleash Hell with a unit of Boltboyz that are in range. This triggers my counter-fire, which you can do any time a unit becomes the target of a shooting attack. So I got a full round of melee and shooting into the Gutrippas, and I even managed to stay in Hurricanum buff range for it.

The aftermath:

20240317_1127152.jpg.fe75c052763ac5850e8fb4def614f681.jpg

More than half a unit lost in my opponent's charge phase. Had I remembered to foil his Inspiring Presence with my command core, it might well have been a total wipe.

I have said it before and I will say it again: The Hurricanum/Steam Tank Commander group is really strong and feels super fun to play.

Other small points:

• I got my Command Corps into combat with Engage the Foe and the Whisperblade did 8 -3 rend wounds to Gobsprakk, which was pretty sweet.
  • For the first time, my Fusiliers survived long enough to get their reroll off, so I finally got the 3+/3+ rerolling hits shooting phase everyone dreams of. Sadly, I rolled badly on the wound roll and still did pretty low damage. Fusiliers did OK this game. They did an OK amount of chip damage and their Return Fire coverage made my opponent shoot less than they would otherwise have. I think even without mortal wounds they potentially have a role, but they need to come down in points to be really worth taking again.
  • Zenestra failed 3 out of 5 prayers. lol
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Threads a little slow. Posting up to get the ball rolling. I was thinking we have had a few months now to refine our lists.

How's everyone finding things?

Iv been refining my list as time goes on and finally starting to get some traction on a list I like, suits my play style and has an ok chance of winning with me as pilot (I'm an average player).

Iv moved away from the fusiliers now. Iv decided I don't like the points sink and I personally don't play castle lists very well anyway, which is what the fusiliers were leading me towards.

My main concerns with the lists iv been running are

1) I'm finding COS very command point heavy. I'm always running short of what I need.

2) limited healing for heroes

3) limited mortal wound output for use against warded targets.

4)theres so much offensive output in the game now, combined with high movement, lots of mortal wounds and lots of recursion any big blocks of infantry I'm taking are either dying before they can get in or are trading against units that come back.

5) hard to get battletactics.

So here's my attempt to work around some of this.

HEROES :

Freeguild General on Griffin (priest) mortal w prayer

Dreadlord on Blackdragon

Steamtank with commander (priest) heal prayer

Cavilier commander (priest) command point prayer

Sorceress on foot

Battlemage

BATTLELINE:

3x dreadspears MSU

Freeguild caviliers

OTHER:

Quester soulsworn (allies)

2x scrougerunner chariot.

City is Lethis. 5 drops. 3 battalions.

Mixed bag of an army but offers a large toolkit.

. 6 elf units to help with the book BT for charging 3 elf units in a turn.

. 7 mounted units to help with BT for taking point with mounted units only.

Chariots added to help with souround and destroy BT and extra layer of chaff. Count as mounted.

The dreadspears are in MSU and are not the 4+ ward elves because they effectively do the same job as the large blocks anyway and still allow the +2 cast for the sorcy girl. Saving 210 points by not running a block of 20 4+ ward guys.

Both foot heroes are blizzard wizards.

Battlemage has spell for making Stank 2+ unrendable save.

Sorceress has Tenebreal blades for black dragon.

Black dragon and the griffin are to operate as battle buddies. The dragon pops his command for strike first and both mosters go in together. Both are held back behind the MSU chaff for a counter strike my next turn and the griffin has countercharge so that the black dragon can always countercharge AND get strike first in apponant turn.

Stank to operate as a tarpit.

Quester soulswarm because they have the teleport, high wounds, 3+ save and count as 18 on objectives in enemy and neutral zones.. They can hit hard. Love this unit. Too powerful for your apponant to ignore. And they have to protect there rear with assets powerful anough to counter them at least until they use that teleport.

The cavaliers hero is there for strike first. Combined with the dragon strike first this is very strong.

It allows the dragon, griffin, cavaliers and cavalier hero all to get there attacks in before the apponant can activate anything at all. Strong but also requires a bit of luck and planning, got it off once so far only but it minced through 40+ wounds in 1 turn, wiped the middle of the table and won the game.

Lethis picked as it offers

an additional heal the steam tank wants,

Removal of wards to counter our lack of MWs

And an additional command point on a 5+ which if it goes off is very needed.

Mortal wounds on 6 for the army.

Got some more games coming up soon, we'll see how the lists goes against some different armies. It's going to be very weak against some apponants but I'm hoping in these match ups it's got the legs to keep getting BTs over 5 rounds and at least compete on points.

Hope you all don't mind the novel here, I'm bored and wanted to start the convo up a bit.

What armies have you all been playing as?

Edited by Thugmullet
  • Like 1

I will add my impressions real quick. I have had three games so far post-scroll. So far, I am still winning (or at least competeing).

8 hours ago, Thugmullet said:

Iv moved away from the fusiliers now. Iv decided I don't like the points sink and I personally don't play castle lists very well anyway, which is what the fusiliers were leading me towards.

I have run Fusilisers twice since the nerf. I find that they still do OK damage against low-armour targets. But how valuable is that, really? Their Unleash Hell is really bad now. It was a big threat with the added mortals, now it barely matters. A block of 20 is unwieldy and needs to be protected, necessitating screens. That, coupled with the higher points, makes me agree that they are not really worth it right now. With current rules, I'd like to see them at 140 or so points.

I am thinking of switching to Cavaliers for a bit. I had a test game using Misthavn, and getting that juicy first turn charge is pretty easy.

1) I'm finding COS very command point heavy. I'm always running short of what I need.

I have not had that problem because my list runs a Hurricanum and Alchemite. They save a lot of points on All-Out Defense and Attack. I think more human  lists should look into the Hurricanum. It pays for itself every game for me.

2) limited healing for heroes

Yeah, same for me. I have tried running heal and the Blackwater artefact on a priest Steam Tank, but didn't need it in the one game I brought them. I will keep testing. For the Tanks, save stacking still helps keep them alive pretty well, but not being able to heal them 3d3 is certainly a noticable downgrade. 

3) limited mortal wound output for use against warded targets.

Again, the Hurricanum helps a lot with this. Can't recommend it enough. Between Chain Lightning and Storm of Shemtek, it contributes a lot.

I am also not at all shy about charging Zenestra into combat for an extra 2d3.

4)theres so much offensive output in the game now, combined with high movement, lots of mortal wounds and lots of recursion any big blocks of infantry I'm taking are either dying before they can get in or are trading against units that come back.

I currently run 10 and 20 infantry blocks, but they just die if a hammer gets into them. So, accurate. They occasionally live if they are on a 3+ save, 5+ ward, at least. But you really cannot count on the Zenestra ward being up all the time. 

5) hard to get battletactics.

Feeling this one pretty strongly in my human only list. I have never got the two shooty tactics to work. Mount the Charge and Raise the Banner are managable, though.

6 elf units to help with the book BT for charging 3 elf units in a turn.

I like your list and I like this idea. I have personally not movef out of humans because the opportunity cost is so high, though. The Tanks and Hurricanum are very good for me, and they all benefit a lot from the Alchemite, Zenestra and Command Corps. Every human unit I add also benefits from them, so I am personally hesitant to dip into elves or dwarves.

Battlemage has spell for making Stank 2+ unrendable save.

Consider just save stacking with AoD, Finest Hour and Mystic Shield. Most of the time, just two buffs are effectively unrendable. Sometimes even just one.

Plus, I think you don't get Blizzard and a lore spell. Or are you spending an enhancement on it?

Lethis picked as it offers

an additional heal the steam tank wants,

Removal of wards to counter our lack of MWs

And an additional command point on a 5+ which if it goes off is very needed.

Mortal wounds on 6 for the army.

Let me know how that works out for you! I ran the number on Lethis once and came to the conclusion that, for my list, it was not quite worth it. The removing ward prayer in particular has a high chance not to add any value, although it is certainly a magic bullet against those high ward characters (if you can roll a 4+).

I want to run Lethis because it's just the coolest city, but so far I am still sticking with Hallowheart and Misthavn. Not sure which on I prefer yet. Well, realistically it won't matter in 3 months, anyway.

9 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I will add my impressions real quick. I have had three games so far post-scroll. So far, I am still winning (or at least competeing).

I have run Fusilisers twice since the nerf. I find that they still do OK damage against low-armour targets. But how valuable is that, really? Their Unleash Hell is really bad now. It was a big threat with the added mortals, now it barely matters. A block of 20 is unwieldy and needs to be protected, necessitating screens. That, coupled with the higher points, makes me agree that they are not really worth it right now. With current rules, I'd like to see them at 140 or so points.

I am thinking of switching to Cavaliers for a bit. I had a test game using Misthavn, and getting that juicy first turn charge is pretty easy.

I have not had that problem because my list runs a Hurricanum and Alchemite. They save a lot of points on All-Out Defense and Attack. I think more human  lists should look into the Hurricanum. It pays for itself every game for me.

Yeah, same for me. I have tried running heal and the Blackwater artefact on a priest Steam Tank, but didn't need it in the one game I brought them. I will keep testing. For the Tanks, save stacking still helps keep them alive pretty well, but not being able to heal them 3d3 is certainly a noticable downgrade. 

Again, the Hurricanum helps a lot with this. Can't recommend it enough. Between Chain Lightning and Storm of Shemtek, it contributes a lot.

I am also not at all shy about charging Zenestra into combat for an extra 2d3.

I currently run 10 and 20 infantry blocks, but they just die if a hammer gets into them. So, accurate. They occasionally live if they are on a 3+ save, 5+ ward, at least. But you really cannot count on the Zenestra ward being up all the time. 

Feeling this one pretty strongly in my human only list. I have never got the two shooty tactics to work. Mount the Charge and Raise the Banner are managable, though.

I like your list and I like this idea. I have personally not movef out of humans because the opportunity cost is so high, though. The Tanks and Hurricanum are very good for me, and they all benefit a lot from the Alchemite, Zenestra and Command Corps. Every human unit I add also benefits from them, so I am personally hesitant to dip into elves or dwarves.

Consider just save stacking with AoD, Finest Hour and Mystic Shield. Most of the time, just two buffs are effectively unrendable. Sometimes even just one.

Plus, I think you don't get Blizzard and a lore spell. Or are you spending an enhancement on it?

Let me know how that works out for you! I ran the number on Lethis once and came to the conclusion that, for my list, it was not quite worth it. The removing ward prayer in particular has a high chance not to add any value, although it is certainly a magic bullet against those high ward characters (if you can roll a 4+).

I want to run Lethis because it's just the coolest city, but so far I am still sticking with Hallowheart and Misthavn. Not sure which on I prefer yet. Well, realistically it won't matter in 3 months, anyway.

Hi mate. Good feedback Ty.

I'm running the battalion for the extra spells. Iv got the hammer for the griffin for the damage and rend. I'm not super keen for blizzard but iv got a tough local meta. I'm at 3 drops best I can do no matter what. In my meta if you don't go 2 drops you might as well go 6, Iv got anough screens to go second no probs and can get on points first turn with anough chaff to form a double line against ogres or IJ etc if they go the double and take first. Army functions well in a counter strike situation as well. so it's just a why not thing. I'm swapping out spells to try them out in game as I go but blizzard keeps people on there toes. I take it out for friendly games but. Hurricanum is great. It's one of my big loves with COS. My issue is to take it I'll be dropping the Steamtank or one of the monsters. And I want both. Im basically running the griffin and dragon as one monster so don't want to split them up. Don't want to drop the stank as it's doing what I would traditionally use the frost pheonix for. 100% I miss it. But I'm siding with the tank and going without the command point. For now at least. Iv only played 1 game with lethis. Iv been using mysthavn.. The hero move on monsters etc is top shelf. Might go back if lethis doesn't help much.. Prob with lethis is it's strong, but only if your rolling 4+ on the day. We'll see how it plays out.

😊Ii

Edited by Thugmullet
  • Like 1

Iv got the hammer for the griffin for the damage and rend.

It's probably the best character to put it on. I am still a bit split on the Warhammer. It's cool, but it adds, like, 2 damage per activation. I don't know if it's even worth it, really.

I take it out for friendly games but. Hurricanum is great. It's one of my big loves with COS. My issue is to take it I'll be dropping the Steamtank or one of the monsters. And I want both. Im basically running the griffin and dragon as one monster so don't want to split them up.

I get that, honestly. I am planning a monster-heavy list with the Griffon and Tahlia Vedra at some point, and I think I won't be putting the Hurricanum in that, either. It does not pair that well with fast stuff that wants to move around a lot and charge, since its buff range is pretty small (9" wholly within). Great with Steam Tanks, though, and probably in some other situations.

Iv only played 1 game with lethis. Iv been using mysthavn.. The hero move on monsters etc is top shelf. Might go back if lethis doesn't help much.. Prob with lethis is it's strong, but only if your rolling 4+ on the day. We'll see how it plays out.

I am definitely interested in hearing about your experiences with Lethis. The prayers look like they should be fun and impactful. Make sure to get those games in before 4th drops and we move to battle formations.

43 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It's probably the best character to put it on. I am still a bit split on the Warhammer. It's cool, but it adds, like, 2 damage per activation. I don't know if it's even worth it, really.

I get that, honestly. I am planning a monster-heavy list with the Griffon and Tahlia Vedra at some point, and I think I won't be putting the Hurricanum in that, either. It does not pair that well with fast stuff that wants to move around a lot and charge, since its buff range is pretty small (9" wholly within). Great with Steam Tanks, though, and probably in some other situations.

I am definitely interested in hearing about your experiences with Lethis. The prayers look like they should be fun and impactful. Make sure to get those games in before 4th drops and we move to battle formations.

Iv been putting the artifact on the lance actually.

It's 3+ 3+ - 3 rend and 4 damage on the charge. With the order for an extra attack it's 5 attacks. All goes to plan he's also following strait on from the strike first dragon on same unit. It's a lot of fire-power. Drops off if he's not on the charge but I just gotta trust I can get the charge off first and they should kill whatever they touch. There best buddies my griffon and dragon.