AoS Cities of Sigmar Battletome 2023 Discussion

Yeah the Tree Revenants do that every turn anywhere on the table, and get a once per game free AoA or AoD.  Pretty decent in combat if needed too.  

Forgot about Palladors.  Those guys are cool!  The Vanguard Hunters can teleport  to within 6" of the board edge, which is less good but still something.

Realizing that Steam Tanks w Advance in Formation and More Pressure to the Wheels would be REALLY fast.  Run/Shoot/Charge....that's a pretty good alpha strike to pin things down and soften them up whilst the 2nd/3rd waves of infantry and cavalry come up behind, possibly to Counter Charge.  I just built my Underguts 4xIronblaster army, but am thinking my Steam Tank army might surpass them in mobile shooty chariot capacity.  

Allied Stormstrike Chariots come to mind now too.  A couple of those are pretty fast and great on the charge, and still tanky with a 3+ save and like 10-11 wounds?  Hmmm.

• Like 1

one tournament have let use new city book,one greywater fastness list could get to 3th position.

the tournament was:Sparkle Party Death Match IX

52-player, 5-round Grand Tournament in Seattle, WA, United States on September 23 2023

the list was entire of elfs(the best of the book) exploiting the sorcerer+corsair+black guard combo and multiple fleetmaster+12 shooting charriots lol

the list:

Army Faction: Cities of Sigmar
– Army Type: Greywater Fastness
– Triumph: Bloodthirsty (Reroll charge)

LEADERS
Sorceress (100)**
– General
– Command Trait: Secretive Warlock (+1 to cast/unbind)
– Artifact of Power: Anklet of Epiphany (+6 inches to spells)
– Spell Lore: Tenebrael Blades

Sorceress (100)**
– Spell Lore: Hoarfrost

Black Ark Fleetmaster (90)*
Black Ark Fleetmaster (90)***
Black Ark Fleetmaster (90)***

BATTLELINE
Dreadspears (90)***
– Standard Bearer
– Hornblower
– Lordling
Dreadspears (90)***
– Standard Bearer
– Hornblower
– Lordling
Black Guard (420)*
– Captain
– 3 x Standard Bearer
– 3 x Drummer

OTHER
Black Ark Corsairs (180)*
– Reaver
– Paired Weapons
– 2 x Standard Bearer
– 2 x Hornblower
Scourgerunner Chariots x3 (240)***

TOTAL POINTS: 1970/2000

BATTALIONS:
Wizard Hunters *
Andtorian Acolytes **
Battle Regiment *** Grand Strategy: Spellcast Savant

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That is amazing!  Really good to see some new stuff take the podium.  I almost want to keep all my Dark Aelves now just to put sparkly glitter all over them :D

Definitely a big mass of chariots to get through, tons of bodies in the back for objectives.  Those are super fast monster killers, plus everything else killers with the Fleetmasters there.  Massed cheap redundant heroes for Orders, good stuff.  And pretty much any Aelvish units charging will Strike First if they want.

Were there any Steam Tank players?!  Wondering how those will fare in competitive scenes.  Or all Cavaliers, which also seems potent.  I think redundant Warforgers will do well in a similar fashion, buffing saves when they're not giving MW auras.  

Edited by Lord Krungharr

Trying to think of what Order allies might help mitigate enemy visibility or shooting?  Prismatic Palisade comes to mind.

Oh wow, just realized those triple-triple Scourgerunner Chariots would be rocking 27 collective harpoon shots which in Greywater would be hitting on 2s.  That's pretty much 2 dead megagargants!  Still, thar be aplenty way to shut down commands, I say, YAARRR.  (pirate voice).

Edited by Lord Krungharr
forgot about Greywater

13 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I want to maybe include a few Stormcast for the flavour, but I am unsure if any are actually worth it from a gameplay standpoint.

2 Vanguard hunters units is an easy auto succeed for surround and destroy battle tactic. Also assassinate wizards hiding in the back pretty easily. They teleport to board edges instead of moving. Most people don't expect them.
I've been liking them in stormcast and try to fit them in my cities armies if possible.

• Like 2

2 lists I made. I don't know why I'm going for low drops on these.

List 1: 2,000pts - Tempest's eye. The wider build. Perhaps not reliable enough buffs, but I like the movement options. Gryph hound screens and gyrocopters to get surround and destroy. Otherwise, they are a retreat option. I'll need to playtest it to see if the ordinator can practically keep up or if I'll need to drop a stank (commander?) entirely for the hurricanum.

- Battalion1:
Stank Commander - general, divine champion, heal
Alchemist warforger
Lord ordinator
4x Steam tanks
- Battalion 2:
Stank Commander - arcane tome
2x Gyrocopters
2x6 gryph hounds

List 2: 1970pts - Greywater Fastness. Feels more vulnerable to me, despite stanks rocking a 2/1+ save. The hurricanum is a nice piece and frees me up from needing arcane tome for magical dominance. +3" of range isn't spectacular, but it's nice. Hunters grab surround and destroy. Just have to hide them first.

- Battalion 1: 
Stank Commander - general, divine champion - heal, Macroscope.
Alchemist warforger
5x Steam tanks
- Battalion 2:
Battlemage on celestial hurricanum - Twin tailed comet
2x5 vanguard hunters

Comment your recommended changes, or simply bask in the radiant heat of the steam tanks! For Sigmar!

7 hours ago, Colonic said:

I am basking...

Can I ask why gryph hounds as screens? Is it the increased speed over something like steelhelms?

*Basks* Yes. Speed mostly. I don't have to roll a 3+ to keep the stanks rolling at full speed. I also haven't built my steel helms. Xp

18 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

(like Luminarks, 2 or 3 of them).

You mad man. I both love and hate it. XD

1 hour ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I think I might need another Stank Commander.  Then I can do 2 clusters and everybody could be front line Advance Formation to run/shoot/charge.  Could fit in a Warforger and LordOrd each wing, and another 5 Tree Revenants for whatevs.  1970 pts.  Take that Scourgerunners!

Man after my own heart. XD  Go get 'em!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I have been looking at the Questors Soulsworn from Warcry for Stormcast allies. 

Pros:

• Cool looking melee knight guys
  • Deepstrike on warscroll
  • Capture for 3 per model
  • 3+ save/3 wounds

The only problem for me is that they are kinda expensive at 230.

On that note: The Black Talons could be interesting in the future

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Pros:

• 3+ save/3 wounds

13 points a wound on a 3+ is not bad though 

13 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Pros:

• 3+ save/3 wounds

I recently ran this unit at a 5 game event with my Sylvaneth list. They were excellent for there price and did a good job. Outside of there teleport once per game they were a bit slow however. If not running Sylvaneth I would probably be more inclined to run 2 units of Tree Revs instead for the points. They were fine defense wise but there - 1 rend meant they were never really doing much damage against anything that mattered. At least with the tree revs you got some extra cheap screens and it makes getting 2 of your 5 BTs a lot easier.

Quick edit.

They are VERY cool looking unit. Like in my opinion Def one of the best looking SCE units easy.

Edited by Thugmullet
  • Like 2

On 9/29/2023 at 4:26 PM, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Pros:

• 3+ save/3 wounds

Cool idea, which stormhost would be fitting for Misthaven?

How about this?  Got speed, some Suppressing Fire action, Aelvish dikkery.  Magic shmagick!

Misthavn

270    Steam Tank Commander
120    Cavalier-Marshal (general: Fiery Temper, Sigmarite Hammer)
120    Cavalier-Marshal (Manticore Venom)
120    Cavalier-Marshal
 90    Black Ark Fleetmaster

180    Cavaliers x5
180    Cavaliers x5
180    Cavaliers x5

180    Black Ark Corsairs x20

230    Steam Tank

110    Tree Revenants x5 (allies)

Or this for a more full cavalry army:

Misthavn

270    Steam Tank Commander
120    Cavalier-Marshal (general: Fiery Temper, Sigmarite Hammer)
120    Cavalier-Marshal 
120    Cavalier-Marshal
280    Dreadlord on Black Dragon (Lance/Shield, Venomfang Blade)

180    Cavaliers x5
180    Cavaliers x5
180    Cavaliers x5

140    Drakespawn Knights x5

380    Spiterider Lancers x6 (allies)

12 hours ago, Tonhel said:

Cool idea, which stormhost would be fitting for Misthaven?

Sadly, none of the major stormhosts is in the realm of shadow. The one sent there during the realmgate wars is supposed to have gone missing. You'll likely have to make up your own latest detachment sent to investigate.
Aesthetically? Probably tempest lords or the black and gold guys. ... Anvils of heldenhammer I think.

8 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Long story short: Fusiliers + Warforger didn’t do much except support

Vs nurgle warriors or varanguard I can't see them doing great. Cool stuff still!

11 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

How about this?  Got speed, some Suppressing Fire action, Aelvish dikkery.  Magic shmagick!

I tried no magic before and usually regretted it. Now, with the dominance tactic, you need at least 1 in your list I think. Plus, with the ignore armor, corsairs are brutal.
I think the first list will struggle less with battle tactics than the second one. Much as I like all cavalry. Best of luck!

Edited by TheArborealWalrus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The Battle:

Lists

Spoiler

Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness - Damned Legion: Cabalists -

Triumphs: LEADERS Chaos Lord (110) - Reaperblade & Daemonbound Steel

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (120) - Artefact: Chaos Familiar - Mark of Chaos: Undivided - The Lore of the Damned: Spite-tongue Curse Chaos

Sorcerer Lord (120) - Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch

Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount (160) - General - Command Trait: Death Dealer - Mark of Chaos: Undivided

UNITS

10 x Chaos Chosen (460) - Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch - Ensorcelled Banner: The Blasted Standard

20 x Chaos Warriors (360) - Hand Weapon & Shield - Mark of Chaos: Undivided

5 x Chaos Knights (220) - Mark of Chaos: Undivided

3 x Varanguard (280) - 3 x Fellspear - Mark of Chaos: Undivided

10 x Chaos Marauders (90) - Axes & Shields - Mark of Chaos: Undivided

6 x Furies (80)

Cities
Marshal and Envoy
Cavalier Marshal
Warforger
Sorceress
17 Black Guard
10 Dreadspears
5 Drakespawn Knights
1 Drakwspawn Chariot
20 Steel Helms
10 Steel Helms
2x 5 Cavaliers

Turn 1:
She takes the turn and runs most of her army up towards the objectives. She puts the 6+ ward onto the Chaos Warriors and the Chaos Knights. Chaos warriors receive mystic shield.
She scores 3 Points.

I sacrifice one Dreadspear and cast Tenebrael Blades with a 14 targeting the Black Guard. The Warforger fails blazing weapons.
Most of my units eveive the advance order,
My Elfs almost surround her chaos Warriors, she rolls a solid 1 for redeploy.
I fire into the Chaos Knights, she all out defends, dealing 4 damage total.
All my elfs charge into the warriors. I complete one elf battletactics for charging with 3 elfs (I also charge in my sorceress to keep the black guard within 3" of her, which turns out to be a grave mistake).
Order of execution weirdness: 
Tenebrael Blades negates the armour, Mystic shield puts it back up to a 6+. Of the 15 Damage the Guards deal she saves 10! (6+, 6++) killing only 2.5 Chaos warriors.
She hits my Sorceress with 3 Warriors dealing 3 wounds.
The rest of the elfs deals another 5 damage to the warriors.

I score 5 points (Battle Tactics + holding more objecitves).

Turn 2:
I get the double turn.
Magic: Blazing Weapons succeeds, as does tenebrael blades. I can't chose a battle tactic that's achievable.
My army slowly walks forward, contesting objectives, preparing counter charges.
The Fusliers get the supressing fire order and open up into the chaos warriors killing 4. The Warriors are suppressed.
The Steelhelms eradicate the marauder Screeen. The elfs kill all but 4 Chaos warriors. The warriors in turn kill the sorceress (she was stuck in the brawl, I couldn't retreat her and rolling 4+ isn't mystrong suit XD - I ecpected to kill way more warriors in turn one than I actually did)

I score 3 points.

Deamonic might on the Chaos Warriors. 6+ Ward onto the Chosen. Spite Tonguie Curse hits the Steelhelms for 3 Mortal wounds. The rest I managed to unbind. Battle tactgics: Hold one objective without enemies being within 12"
Her turn two: Varanguard fight twice, killing off the 20 Steelhelms.
Her Knights and chosen charge the 10 Steelhelms to the left flank. I counter charge with my Knights (of the blazing sun).
The chosen chose to fight twice. The Steelhelms die. The Knights swing back killing off 2 more Knights and causing 14 Wounds to the chosen. By some miracle she manages to save and ward 8 wounds.... she fights a second time killing off the Knights.
My still Tenebraeled Black Guard finally overkill the Chaos Warriors by a lot. Her Furies, who had charged the Chariot retreat onto my home objective.

She scores 5 points, which puts us both at 8.

Turn three. Since we're 2+ hours into the game and it's getting late we decice to draw sudden death cards, but instead of instantly winning when the condition is met we agree upoin the game ending there and then, the player witrh the most victory points winning.

We drew: Killing off 50% of the enemy's army's models causes the game to end.
This means she'd have to kill another ~10 Models of my army or I have to kill another 6 Models of her army

I get turn 3
In the shooting phase I manage to kill one Varanguard.
Chose the order "engange the foe" and charge into  the chosen with my Cavalier Marshal and the last 5 Knights. Putting pressure on the Chosen killing off 5 of them, ending the game.

Final Scores: 8 to 8 (or minor Victory for both in PtG terms)

More images

Spoiler

WhatsAppImage2023-10-01at10_23.17(1).jpeg.39c05e82240b1bf02000c639e4a182fe.jpegWhatsAppImage2023-10-01at10_23_17.jpeg.614b001441c1461d317c1f5e6edad48d.jpegWhatsAppImage2023-10-01at10_23.16(1).jpeg.ee0e0b2089d77664b2d9896da0385060.jpegWhatsAppImage2023-10-01at10_23_16.jpeg.5bbfef2f3a0b72c8c61df2b407c65dd4.jpegWhatsAppImage2023-10-01at10_23.15(1).jpeg.3659a3fc717b41afd3ad73aa2dfe6b1e.jpegWhatsAppImage2023-10-01at10_23_15.jpeg.52161f3a50b5591428cff67f9b9a135b.jpeg

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2023 at 3:17 AM, JackStreicher said:

The Battle:

Lists

Reveal hidden contents

Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness - Damned Legion: Cabalists -

Triumphs: LEADERS Chaos Lord (110) - Reaperblade & Daemonbound Steel

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (120) - Artefact: Chaos Familiar - Mark of Chaos: Undivided - The Lore of the Damned: Spite-tongue Curse Chaos

Sorcerer Lord (120) - Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch

Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount (160) - General - Command Trait: Death Dealer - Mark of Chaos: Undivided

UNITS

10 x Chaos Chosen (460) - Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch - Ensorcelled Banner: The Blasted Standard

20 x Chaos Warriors (360) - Hand Weapon & Shield - Mark of Chaos: Undivided

5 x Chaos Knights (220) - Mark of Chaos: Undivided

3 x Varanguard (280) - 3 x Fellspear - Mark of Chaos: Undivided

10 x Chaos Marauders (90) - Axes & Shields - Mark of Chaos: Undivided

6 x Furies (80)

Cities
Marshal and Envoy
Cavalier Marshal
Warforger
Sorceress
17 Black Guard
10 Dreadspears
5 Drakespawn Knights
1 Drakwspawn Chariot
20 Steel Helms
10 Steel Helms
2x 5 Cavaliers

Turn 1:
She takes the turn and runs most of her army up towards the objectives. She puts the 6+ ward onto the Chaos Warriors and the Chaos Knights. Chaos warriors receive mystic shield.
She scores 3 Points.

I sacrifice one Dreadspear and cast Tenebrael Blades with a 14 targeting the Black Guard. The Warforger fails blazing weapons.
Most of my units eveive the advance order,
My Elfs almost surround her chaos Warriors, she rolls a solid 1 for redeploy.
I fire into the Chaos Knights, she all out defends, dealing 4 damage total.
All my elfs charge into the warriors. I complete one elf battletactics for charging with 3 elfs (I also charge in my sorceress to keep the black guard within 3" of her, which turns out to be a grave mistake).
Order of execution weirdness: 
Tenebrael Blades negates the armour, Mystic shield puts it back up to a 6+. Of the 15 Damage the Guards deal she saves 10! (6+, 6++) killing only 2.5 Chaos warriors.
She hits my Sorceress with 3 Warriors dealing 3 wounds.
The rest of the elfs deals another 5 damage to the warriors.

I score 5 points (Battle Tactics + holding more objecitves).

Turn 2:
I get the double turn.
Magic: Blazing Weapons succeeds, as does tenebrael blades. I can't chose a battle tactic that's achievable.
My army slowly walks forward, contesting objectives, preparing counter charges.
The Fusliers get the supressing fire order and open up into the chaos warriors killing 4. The Warriors are suppressed.
The Steelhelms eradicate the marauder Screeen. The elfs kill all but 4 Chaos warriors. The warriors in turn kill the sorceress (she was stuck in the brawl, I couldn't retreat her and rolling 4+ isn't mystrong suit XD - I ecpected to kill way more warriors in turn one than I actually did)

I score 3 points.

Deamonic might on the Chaos Warriors. 6+ Ward onto the Chosen. Spite Tonguie Curse hits the Steelhelms for 3 Mortal wounds. The rest I managed to unbind. Battle tactgics: Hold one objective without enemies being within 12"
Her turn two: Varanguard fight twice, killing off the 20 Steelhelms.
Her Knights and chosen charge the 10 Steelhelms to the left flank. I counter charge with my Knights (of the blazing sun).
The chosen chose to fight twice. The Steelhelms die. The Knights swing back killing off 2 more Knights and causing 14 Wounds to the chosen. By some miracle she manages to save and ward 8 wounds.... she fights a second time killing off the Knights.
My still Tenebraeled Black Guard finally overkill the Chaos Warriors by a lot. Her Furies, who had charged the Chariot retreat onto my home objective.

She scores 5 points, which puts us both at 8.

Turn three. Since we're 2+ hours into the game and it's getting late we decice to draw sudden death cards, but instead of instantly winning when the condition is met we agree upoin the game ending there and then, the player witrh the most victory points winning.

We drew: Killing off 50% of the enemy's army's models causes the game to end.
This means she'd have to kill another ~10 Models of my army or I have to kill another 6 Models of her army

I get turn 3
In the shooting phase I manage to kill one Varanguard.
Chose the order "engange the foe" and charge into  the chosen with my Cavalier Marshal and the last 5 Knights. Putting pressure on the Chosen killing off 5 of them, ending the game.

Final Scores: 8 to 8 (or minor Victory for both in PtG terms)

More images

Hide contents

WhatsAppImage2023-10-01at10_23.17(1).jpeg.39c05e82240b1bf02000c639e4a182fe.jpegWhatsAppImage2023-10-01at10_23_17.jpeg.614b001441c1461d317c1f5e6edad48d.jpegWhatsAppImage2023-10-01at10_23.16(1).jpeg.ee0e0b2089d77664b2d9896da0385060.jpegWhatsAppImage2023-10-01at10_23_16.jpeg.5bbfef2f3a0b72c8c61df2b407c65dd4.jpegWhatsAppImage2023-10-01at10_23.15(1).jpeg.3659a3fc717b41afd3ad73aa2dfe6b1e.jpegWhatsAppImage2023-10-01at10_23_15.jpeg.52161f3a50b5591428cff67f9b9a135b.jpeg

That's almost a classic Old World battle right there!

• Like 1

Fought 3 battles with my steam tank lists so far. I'll give the abreviated run down of the battles and lists.

Battle 1: lord ordinator/warforger +6 stanks and chaff VS Archaon + 30 pinks and 2 auto cast wizards
Opponent was a 1 drop and chose to go first. Auto cast mystic shield on Archy and threw the pinks forward without a care. The squishy wizards hid back behind buildings. My turn he finest houred Archy and thus I ignored him, getting close enough to wipe out a unit of pinks and leaving 1 stank exposed. (5v5)
I won the roll off and goot the dreaded double turn. All cannons turned on Archaon and in a flurry of failed 3+ saves, he took 16/20 wounds. The steam guns neutered the pinks down so that 2 melee charges reduced them to nothing. The gryph hounds retreated out of combat to form a screen.
On my opponent's turn he summoned a lord of change and moved his wizards forward to blizzard me and such. The LoC charged the gryph hounds and took 4 damage for his trouble. Killed 3 gryphs and a gyrocopter. (Archy ran to the other side of the battlefield and healed 6 wounds.) (10v10)
Roll off ... and I won it. My opponent surrendered at this point as Archaon and some pinks vs the world didn't appeal to him.

Battle 2: Hurricanum/warforger + 5 stanks and stormcast chaff VS GUO/fly lord +4 mortal flies and plague bearers. ... And some blight kings.
I had less drops and thought I could reach him with my full shooting, so I went first. I could not. He picked our home objectives as active and sat on it. Hiding everything but his plague bearers. I killed a couple and skirmished a little with him. On his turn he sat back and waited. I won the roll off and went second to pick the center objectives and draw him out. He dropped all his flies on my left flank and killed the hunters for 1 fly. (overwatch + counter charge tank) He only took 1 center objective with summoned nurglings. I took both on my turn and unloaded on the flies. The lord and the first escort died, robbing me of my battle tactic. The other took 7 wounds. I won the roll off and elected to go second and keep it in the middle. He finally advanced with is army but struggled to keep the objectives. I spent the rest of the game tying him and killing fleshy abundanced plague bearers. Won by a 4 points from him surrendering the objectives turn 2 & 3. Almost lost 2 tanks.

Battle 3: Coalesced Kroak bomb VS Huricanum/warforger + 5 stanks and stormcast chaff
The deployment was very narrow so we both formed blobs and lined up across. He had 3 kroxigor,3 aggradons with a scar vet and an oldblood carnasaur. I went first and tried to kill Kroak as my hunters took the side objectives. He hero phase moved his front line up and charged my chaff and a stank. 1 hound unit died while the other escaped. Overwatch from 2 tanks and melee took 12 wounds off the carnasaur. 
I won the roll off, (A trend? ;p) and killed the carnasuar, the kroxigor, and tried for Kroak again. Failed to kill him. On his turn I learned that Kroak's bomb is 12" + 6", not 18+6, so I was safe again from him. On his turn, in a surprise move, Kroak floated out into the middle of the table to nuke all my stanks. 
The roll off came and the double turn gambit ... Failed. Kroak, the temple guard, and the astrolith all died but he took the side objectives from me. At this point the stanks split up and resecured the objectives. Kroak didn't wreck me like I thought he would. Being coalesced probably didn't help him.

All of my group says that they feel the list is matchup dependant and something will just wreck it utterly. The stanks stand up to hits real good. The chaff are key for battle tactics. I would probably have failed many times without them. If you can get the steam guns in range, they absolutely DELETE units with focus fire. Durability is pretty ridiculous too. Aggradons, blight lords, and a carnasaur all bounced off. Still looking for enough mortal wounds lists to kill the stanks.

Hope you have a good one!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

Fought 3 battles with my steam tank lists so far. I'll give the abreviated run down of the battles and lists.

Battle 1: lord ordinator/warforger +6 stanks and chaff VS Archaon + 30 pinks and 2 auto cast wizards
Opponent was a 1 drop and chose to go first. Auto cast mystic shield on Archy and threw the pinks forward without a care. The squishy wizards hid back behind buildings. My turn he finest houred Archy and thus I ignored him, getting close enough to wipe out a unit of pinks and leaving 1 stank exposed. (5v5)
I won the roll off and goot the dreaded double turn. All cannons turned on Archaon and in a flurry of failed 3+ saves, he took 16/20 wounds. The steam guns neutered the pinks down so that 2 melee charges reduced them to nothing. The gryph hounds retreated out of combat to form a screen.
On my opponent's turn he summoned a lord of change and moved his wizards forward to blizzard me and such. The LoC charged the gryph hounds and took 4 damage for his trouble. Killed 3 gryphs and a gyrocopter. (Archy ran to the other side of the battlefield and healed 6 wounds.) (10v10)
Roll off ... and I won it. My opponent surrendered at this point as Archaon and some pinks vs the world didn't appeal to him.

Battle 2: Hurricanum/warforger + 5 stanks and stormcast chaff VS GUO/fly lord +4 mortal flies and plague bearers. ... And some blight kings.
I had less drops and thought I could reach him with my full shooting, so I went first. I could not. He picked our home objectives as active and sat on it. Hiding everything but his plague bearers. I killed a couple and skirmished a little with him. On his turn he sat back and waited. I won the roll off and went second to pick the center objectives and draw him out. He dropped all his flies on my left flank and killed the hunters for 1 fly. (overwatch + counter charge tank) He only took 1 center objective with summoned nurglings. I took both on my turn and unloaded on the flies. The lord and the first escort died, robbing me of my battle tactic. The other took 7 wounds. I won the roll off and elected to go second and keep it in the middle. He finally advanced with is army but struggled to keep the objectives. I spent the rest of the game tying him and killing fleshy abundanced plague bearers. Won by a 4 points from him surrendering the objectives turn 2 & 3. Almost lost 2 tanks.

Battle 3: Coalesced Kroak bomb VS Huricanum/warforger + 5 stanks and stormcast chaff
The deployment was very narrow so we both formed blobs and lined up across. He had 3 kroxigor,3 aggradons with a scar vet and an oldblood carnasaur. I went first and tried to kill Kroak as my hunters took the side objectives. He hero phase moved his front line up and charged my chaff and a stank. 1 hound unit died while the other escaped. Overwatch from 2 tanks and melee took 12 wounds off the carnasaur. 
I won the roll off, (A trend? ;p) and killed the carnasuar, the kroxigor, and tried for Kroak again. Failed to kill him. On his turn I learned that Kroak's bomb is 12" + 6", not 18+6, so I was safe again from him. On his turn, in a surprise move, Kroak floated out into the middle of the table to nuke all my stanks. 
The roll off came and the double turn gambit ... Failed. Kroak, the temple guard, and the astrolith all died but he took the side objectives from me. At this point the stanks split up and resecured the objectives. Kroak didn't wreck me like I thought he would. Being coalesced probably didn't help him.

All of my group says that they feel the list is matchup dependant and something will just wreck it utterly. The stanks stand up to hits real good. The chaff are key for battle tactics. I would probably have failed many times without them. If you can get the steam guns in range, they absolutely DELETE units with focus fire. Durability is pretty ridiculous too. Aggradons, blight lords, and a carnasaur all bounced off. Still looking for enough mortal wounds lists to kill the stanks.

Hope you have a good one!

Very cool. What was your list? I was wondering about the Pontifex or potentially the command corps in a steam tank list. The opportunity for a ward save or healing 3d3 a turn seem well worth it.

4 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

Very cool. What was your list? I was wondering about the Pontifex or potentially the command corps in a steam tank list. The opportunity for a ward save or healing 3d3 a turn seem well worth it.

This is the list in the 2nd and 3rd battles. Still don't have a good grand strategy.
Gryphs screen at speed, hunters secure battle tactics, steam tank blob shoots foe off objectives. Simple strategy. If you don't mind losing the screens, you can swap out for pontifex or maybe a command squad. Keeping up will be a minor issue and I've seen prayers fail too often to consider it reliable against mortal wound spam. I've thought about it though. The screens are how I've been securing objectives, so I'm reluctant to ditch them.

Battalion 1:
steam tank commander - general, priest command trait, heal, magnascope
Alchemist warforger
4x steam tanks

Battalion 2:
Battle mage on huricanum - blizzard
2x6 gryph hounds
2x5 vanguard hunters - 2x compass