Age of Sigmar: Realms of Ruin RTS discussion

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look shockingly good! 🥰

Reveal soon, I wonder what it could be…. 👀 🐦 

https://x.com/realmsofruin/status/1714273046595588099?s=46&t=jCd67B32MVmYRRlrhJqWtA

IMG_1407.png?ex=65410ad7&is=652e95d7&hm=

Also 21 days left to enter this contest:

https://x.com/realmsofruin/status/1712513595265679598?s=46&t=jCd67B32MVmYRRlrhJqWtA

image.png.e0f00aeb8c1e1f7c8c90c1ae5407e8dc.png

image.png.c19b70879f7ea3244d875749a198d720.png

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

So happy the Horrors split into Blues & tiny brimstone ones! 🤩 

IMG_1412.png?ex=6542766b&is=6530016b&hm=

This army is gonna have a lot of tricks to pull out of its hat for strategies. (While bathing everything in magic artillery fire 🪄🔥)

Edit: Book of Grudges confirmed on army painter you can paint even units different colors(so gold Liberators, silver Raptors, black annihilators, etc). That’ll make for some really fun army color combos.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 12:04 PM, Baron Klatz said:

Edit: Book of Grudges confirmed on army painter you can paint even units different colors(so gold Liberators, silver Raptors, black annihilators, etc). That’ll make for some really fun army color combos.

correct >:) that was also in the official announcement(s) but we haven't really seen video of the painter yet.

I'm finding myself surprisingly excited to play this when it comes out. I'm generally pretty bad at RTSes despite enjoying the idea of them, but with the slower pace and more limited controls, this may actually fit me quite well. Looking forward to sending out the endless legion of ghost friends.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It is the one I use. If you want to compare them all you can check all key shop.

Buy Warhammer Age of Sigmar Realms of Ruin CD Key Compare Prices (allkeyshop.com)

i usually use this one because it shows the risks of keyshops. Instantgaming does seem to be a better one https://gg.deals/game/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-realms-of-ruin/

(am at work sorry, I try not to go on shopping sites here)

Fittingly with Tzeentch there’s been a change.

30% increase to unit speed for multiplayer & conquest campaign. Only Story Campaign will keep the original game speed for beginners & to enjoy the cinematic experience.

I liked the slower battles for easier battle awareness and to zoom in on drawn out fights but understand that slowness felt almost unresponsive to some players and was a common complaint on every gaming outlet.

Looking forward to seeing what the increase looks like during the livestream! 🍻 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Fittingly with Tzeentch there’s been a change.

30% increase to unit speed for multiplayer & conquest campaign. Only Story Campaign will keep the original game speed for beginners & to enjoy the cinematic experience.

I liked the slower battles for easier battle awareness and to zoom in on drawn out fights but understand that slowness felt almost unresponsive to some players and was a common complaint on every gaming outlet.

Looking forward to seeing what the increase looks like during the livestream! 🍻 

Impressive job. They tweaked a lot and still are changing some complains from the community.

I really hope that thia game has some type of success, at least for some DLCs

• Like 3

15 hours ago, MitGas said:

I played a lot of starcraft 2 to a decent level (far from really good players though), so I‘m not sure the game will be my cup if tea but I think I‘ll get it just for the AoS experience… and I mean, they added Tzeentch, I‘m kinda obliged now.

i was also not good at SC2 and I love how this game plays 😅

18 hours ago, Beliman said:

I really hope that thia game has some type of success, at least for some DLCs

i think i said it in the rumor thread but: the DLC being *heroes* is a good thing because full factions deserve full expansion packs. i'm hoping for the same 30$ expansions Dawn of War did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

i was also not good at SC2 and I love how this game plays 😅

i think i said it in the rumor thread but: the DLC being *heroes* is a good thing because full factions deserve full expansion packs. i'm hoping for the same 30$ expansions Dawn of War did.

That‘s awesome to hear 🥰 - I got to (very low) master in sc2 in legacy of the void but becoming really good is not in the cards for me. I‘m too lazy (and/or bad) to put in the extra effort to get further ahead. I played Toss and my win rate versus Terran was really good (Terrans are greedy, so just going DT at first and killing their SCVs due to them having no energy for scans and then going for HT made it easy to win) at 65% but Zerg simply own me. I haven‘t played for years (still watching pros) but back then I really felt that Zerg were oppressive, even if a cheesy sucker like me deserved it. 😂

I hope Realms does have a somewhat similar feel to it. Will definitely get it now.. 😇👍