AoS 3.0 - Gloomspite GItz Discussion

Nezzhil

Wanted to try and build a fun allround list. Want tot try and use a Troggboss + monster command + Pet Gribbly with the Rabble Rowza.

Edit: nvm, misread the ability. Seems like its almost useless.

- Army Faction: Gloomspite Gitz
     - Subfaction: Glogg's Megamob
     - Grand Strategy: Protect da Shrine!
LEADERS
Skragrott, the Loonking (230)
     - Spells: Nikkit! Nikkit!
Dankhold Troggboss (210)
     - General
     - Command Traits: Alpha Trogg
     - Artefacts of Power: Pet Gribbly
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (130)
     - Moonclan Stabba
Rabble-Rowza (100)
Breaka-boss on Mirebrute Troggoth (180)
BATTLELINE
Fellwater Troggoths (340)
Rockgut Troggoths (170)
Squig Hoppers (190)
OTHER
Gobbapalooza (170)
     - Spells: The Hand of Gork
Squig Herd (280)
TOTAL POINTS: 2000/2000
Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

Edited by Gitzdee

On 7/9/2023 at 6:33 AM, Gitzdee said:

Wanted to try and build a fun allround list. Want tot try and use a Troggboss + monster command + Pet Gribbly with the Rabble Rowza.

Edit: nvm, misread the ability. Seems like its almost useless.

Yeah, annoyingly it's only really good in the Regiment of Renown.

Its a tough sell in Gitz, but you can teleport it with hand of gork to have more control over where you can run & charge to. The issue is which units of ours care about it?
Kragnos or a mega-gargant ally maybe, spiders are pretty bad, maybe a cheeky aleguzzler? Manglers already get run & charge.

4 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Its a tough sell in Gitz, but you can teleport it with hand of gork to have more control over where you can run & charge to. The issue is which units of ours care about it?
Kragnos or a mega-gargant ally maybe, spiders are pretty bad, maybe a cheeky aleguzzler? Manglers already get run & charge.

I think he will stay in open/narrative play. Its to much effort for little reward. Great model though, might use him as a loonboss or squigboss.

Edited by Gitzdee

• 3 weeks later...

Had a great 1k game last night against Slyveneth with my mixed king's Gits army (Troggboss, 3 Rockgut, 20 Shootas, 5 Bounders, Skitterstrand and Gobbapoluza).

Loved the amount of mobility between the Skitterstrand, Hand of Mork (on Gobbapoluza) and returning units with Loonshrine.

Gobbapoluza were absolute legends, handing out buffs, taking damage on the chin and even dealing some chip damage in combat.

Went with a hard as nails Trogg boss: Alpha Trogg and Glowy Howzits.  At 1k he felt invincible and did decent damage every turn.  Obviously will be a bit of a different story at 2k were people have the tools to slap him down.

The Bounders were interesting, charged in first turn, killed one Kurnoth Hunter (bows) then got wiped out by the attacks back.  But the returned 3 model unit did serious work for the rest of the day, staying to the edges and laying down consistent damage every turn.

Good fun game and I can't wait to get my Gitz up to 2k

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Currenly writting endless Gits list but always struggle with the general, mainly because we have such great command traits, so I keep fluxuating between:

Loonskin Troggboss: obviously great value and I'm always going to have a Troggboss anyway as a reliable hero with Glowy howzits.

Supa-nasty Venom Skuttleboss: insane damage potential and singly handidly opens up Venomous Assault as a battle tactic option (completes it over 80% of the time when under the Moon).

Clammy Hand backfield caster: probably going with King's Gitz so loads of value but can be hard to keep alive against some armies.

So what are people's experiences/advice with Generals, especially in mixed Gitz armies?

IMO supa nasty venom is a trap option.
Just take a hammer that doesn't cost your command trait. Which is a bit sad since I love spiderfang.

Then I think it depends more on your GS choice. Glowy Howzit troggboss is easily the safest option to score chasing the moon, which I think is our easiest GS.

Clammy hand is fantastic value though, and is even pretty good outside of kings gitz, and is honestly stronger than being in kings gitz. You get the same chance to bring one thing back, and the same chance to fail, but also a chance to bring 2 things back.

I've played clammy hand on a foot loonboss and it was ok? using his AoA on bounderz is super good, but even with the 18" range you struggle a bit with being close enough to them and the shrine.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

played another game vs Guild of Summoners Tzeentch. Ended 29-21 in favor of Truggs.

got really lucky with some unbinds and getting the ward save for two turns was great aswell.

Used the following list in both my games:

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
- Gittish Horde: Trugg's Troggherd
- Grand Strategy: Overshadow
- Triumphs: Indomitable
Dankhold Troggboss (210)
- General
- Command Trait: Prized Trogglet
- Artefact: Thwackwheezer Club
Dankhold Troggboss (210)*
- Nullstone Adornment: Hand-carved Nullstone Icon
Trugg the Troggoth King (320)
3 x Fellwater Troggoths (170)*
6 x Rockgut Troggoths (340)*
- Reinforced x 1
3 x Rockgut Troggoths (170)*
2 x Dankhold Troggoths (380)*
- Reinforced x 1
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1970 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 120
Drops: 3

Edited by Rangeltoft
added armylist
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Rangeltoft said:

played another game vs Guild of Summoners Tzeentch. Ended 29-21 in favor of Truggs.

got really lucky with some unbinds and getting the ward save for two turns was great aswell.

Used the following list in both my games:

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
- Gittish Horde: Trugg's Troggherd
- Grand Strategy: Overshadow
- Triumphs: Indomitable
Dankhold Troggboss (210)
- General
- Command Trait: Prized Trogglet
- Artefact: Thwackwheezer Club
Dankhold Troggboss (210)*
- Nullstone Adornment: Hand-carved Nullstone Icon
Trugg the Troggoth King (320)
6 x Rockgut Troggoths (340)*
- Reinforced x 1
3 x Rockgut Troggoths (170)*
2 x Dankhold Troggoths (380)*
- Reinforced x 1
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1970 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 120
Drops: 3

Love the amount of dankholds here.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Any reason why u are not playing 6x fellwaters instead of 2 x 3? U using them more like screens?

Aye, screens/objective grabbers. In my last game a unit of 3 wiped out a 20-man sized Tzaangor unit and then died themselfs to Battleshock 😜 But i have never tried running them as a bigger unit, always felt that they work better in a smaller sized unit

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi folks. I’m strongly considering picking up GSG as I’ve been looking at the variety of amusing and characterful models. 

What would folks see as a decent ‘core’ of purchases? Are any of the battleforce or vanguard or dawnbringer boxes worth trying to hunt down?

The beauty of GSG at the moment is that almost every unit in the book is decent, so you can lean into whichever units you fancy.  The only real trick is to make sure you get a good balance between buff units and ones that do work.  We have a lot of great buff pieces so it's important to have some but too many and you'll be thin on the ground for things to actually buff.

With this in mind you can any of the three box sets are a good start depending on if you want to start with Squigs, Trogg's or mixed approach.  

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...