The Painting Contract - January 2023

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for January 2023.

This is it folks! What you’ve been waiting for all last year, the First Painting Contract of 2023.

Start your new year out right and get building and painting, and start the new year out on a fresh hobby track and let’s get hobbying in the new year!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Dungeon Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest, Gorechosen, or HeroQuest

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  @TheOtherJosh& special thanks to @Kramer

Wasnt feeling well last month so didnt get around to painting at all. So this month i want to finish my 40k orks for sure and get to focus 100% on AoS again next month.

Edit: Still have to finish up the meganobz + extra weapon options and the last 8 boyz.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

Here we try again lol. Cleaned and reorganized my painting/building space to get reinspired. Too much work, not enough painting lol. 
I started this guy along time ago and finally finished him. Also threw in the workspace. 
For January, the rest of the box lol

A61C4CA3-FF45-42C2-A4A1-E0C229A19D3D.jpeg

191B1E28-A1CA-454A-B04A-3D8767864385.jpeg

5F83B750-7DD8-4107-B4BF-17DB770C86C0.jpeg

Edited by Artobans Ghost
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

18 hours ago, Fellman said:

Failed december hope to finish this vanguard box in january

Just because something didn’t get completed, or wasn’t completed to your satisfaction doesn’t make the work (or lack thereof) “a failure”.

Sometimes reality comes in and rears its ugly head causing delays, or the work takes longer than planned.

Sometimes what is on the table in front of you no longer inspires you, or frustrates and a mental break and change of gears is needed.

Sometimes stepping back from painting or building is what is needed to give a fresh perspective.

Whatever the reason, whatever the delay, whatever frustration you’re having, we’ve got a space at the painting table for you.  Come to finish old stuff, start new stuff, or just sit and chat and get inspiration from the awesome work that others have in progress.

So, welcome back to 2023, your work looks awesome and I’m excited to see how things turn out! (Whether it gets done this month … or down the road!)

• Like 4

Got 4 gutrippaz done today (base + poison in the weapon still missing until I finish the unit). Love the multi part box sculpts, just wished I didn't take that long to paint them...

Separate photos as the lances make focusing them all together impossible 

IMG_20230105_211634.jpg

IMG_20230105_211703.jpg

IMG_20230105_211742.jpg

IMG_20230105_211800.jpg

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

Newer to the site - there are extremely helpful people here.

I've been dragging my feet on a diorama build.  So I'll post here and see about getting myself motivated.

Light of Eltharion vs. Liekoron and a couple Bladegheist Revenants.  Scene is a cairn that is being used to summon the Revenants.

Progress:

• Eltharion is built but not painted
  • Still need to assemble Liekoron and the Revenants
  • Cairn is built and is lit with LEDs.  Inside the cairn is a well - 'magical' purple light is emanating from the well, blue LEDs provide ambient light inside the cairn
  • Cairn and rest of the base still needs landscaped

Will get some pics up this weekend.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Finished my Daemon Prince!

I have learned this month that having multiple projects on my desk at once leads me to just not do much on any of them. My Theridons and Rippas Snarlfangs are both probably 80% done but going veeeery slowly…

I also went and bought King Brodd and preordered some new Slaves stuff… busy busy!

CA213B57-6C3E-4E6A-8877-8C65BA861F0C.jpeg

Edited by RandyRyan
Spelling
  • Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 3

Finally have some pictures of my cairn diorama.  The cairn is built and just needs a hill built over and around it.  First two pics don't have the lid so the LEDs can be seen.   Any light leaking through seams will be covered by landscaping.  The last pic has ceiling on the cairn viewing through the front entrance.  Likely will be adding a Bladegheist Revenant mask floating over the well as if it is being summoned from the well's magic/energy.

Built with Hirst Arts mold #263.

Ka4b8mi.jpg

WqJDgqD.jpg

Ccz7Iwt.jpg

Any questions. comments, criticisms welcome...

Edited by Dojotoad
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 1/2/2023 at 2:43 PM, Artobans Ghost said:

Here we try again lol. Cleaned and reorganized my painting/building space to get reinspired. Too much work, not enough painting lol. 
I started this guy along time ago and finally finished him. Also threw in the workspace. 
For January, the rest of the box lol

A61C4CA3-FF45-42C2-A4A1-E0C229A19D3D.jpeg

What are those little ingots?

Finished painting the last 8 boyz. Finally finished my +/- 1000p ork army took me around half a year to fully build and paint. Might add some tufts here and there but i am calling this project done.

Next up i'm going to build and paint some more Nighthaunt.

20230118_124741.jpg.960c8f0341d83116b79bc45ade18dfb6.jpg

The whole project:

20230118_143906.jpg.4ad948fe02451e26e2f96acf58bed645.jpg

20230118_143914.jpg.94c70f3e86f473e1e98341e8da8fc905.jpg

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 3

Just finished my Theridons!

Put them on the shelf next to my Myrmidon and they look better than he does so will have to touch him up 😅

I have no idea what to do with the banner, my freehanding looks about as good as my 2 year old’s drawings…

FF2FBF1E-B0C1-4123-AC20-CA3C2CB47E5D.jpeg

Edited by RandyRyan
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3