Non-humans don’t have to worship Sigmar, simply holding to their oaths like those Aelf Corsairs did in Broken Realms when they defended the human guards from Morathi’s insurgents would be enough as they’re still loyally serving Sigmar.

A big governing power in the Realms is the Grand Conclave in Azyr and that has members of every Order race represented.(and is copied for the other major cities like the ruling Conclave of Hammerhal, 122 rulers from Aqshy & 122 rulers from Ghyran)

image.jpeg.61c4036f86b730c66d596d2d1fd15dc5.jpeg

I just imagine Cities will get streamlined down into Order of Azyr, Ironweld and Exiled Aelves so though they likely get design changes to replace the old looks it’ll still give a variety of unit choices ranging from zealots to pirates.

That way it can also be used to fit with the Realms. Examples:

Ghyran- human priests representing both Sigmar and Alarielle with Aelven outlaw units guarding their forested flanks while Sylvaneth coalition units teleport through the realm roots and take the enemy by surprise as hammer, bolt and branch unite to cleanse the pure green havens.

Chamon- clanking Ironweld machines with echo of duardin engineer swearing ringing about form the vanguard against an encroaching daemon horde as Witch hunters unload with their upgraded blessed guns to banish both daemon and  sorcery as Kharadron mercenary skyfleets flank the daemons for an aetheric volley and drop off marines to pincer the foe between holy & aether shot.

Shyish- Black armored and wraith-like Stormcasts march forward with hordes of raving zealots in their wake, hoping to prove themselves in the eyes of these messengers of the God-kings. As lightning arcs down claiming heroic warriors and even valiant dead ones on both sides, the air grows heavy and damp as the lightning of eel lances join the electrifying battle and the Deepkin allies from the ports of Lethis claim their own share of the spirits there.

Still a mixing pot through and through.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

And people now think that all dries up at the ground level mortals who are constantly shown to admire and follow their shining Stormcast lords into making Sigmar’s dream of a United pantheon and peace among all races and Realms again a reality?

Because GW can turn around and write the factions however they want? All of the 'evidence' is nice but ignores that this is written by humans that can very much do a 180 and retcon things :/

• Like 1

I always get whiplash from reading people's perception of Sigmar and his religion in this thread after reading about them Soulbound.

Take a lool at the strictures of the Sigmarite church:

Strictures

- Oppose Chaos in all its forms.

- Spread the faith, by any means necessary.

-Treat fairly with the servants of other gods.

- Uphold the tenets of civilisation and progress.

What a hard-liner, this Sigmar guy!

Of course, it is possible that Cities takes a 180 into becoming GrimDumb "humans only", but I honestly don't see a reason to assume this. I do think Dawnbringer Crusades will focus pretty much exclusively on the human subfactions within Cities, though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Of course, it is possible that Cities takes a 180 into becoming GrimDumb "humans only", but I honestly don't see a reason to assume this. I do think Dawnbringer Crusades will focus pretty much exclusively on the human subfactions within Cities, though.

I'm now sitting at the conclusion that it won't really touch established CoS lore, HOWEVER I think even your last sentence is what the worry stems from: If DBC specifically focuses on humans, it could mean the other races in CoS get funneled into their respective racial factions so the cosmopolitan faction can be dismantled book-wise. 

It can be hard to balance fear-based expectations when presenters aren't given actual information (and possibly aren't into AOS?) and the drip feed can take months to see our next crumb--which is apparently in the new Gnarlwood article of all places

• Like 2

I just can’t get the Debbie downer mindset behind this.

Like sure the CoS update is gonna focus heavily on humans as it’s their only place to shine compared to all the aelf & duardin books but it’s not like it was decided last minute.

It’s like what Phil Kelly said in the Gnarlwood video, a lot of that stuff was built up since the beginning of AoS when they were just small lore blurbs they could only expand on down the line.

GW and Cubicle7 haven’t spent years setting up cosmopolitan cities and even recent novels of mixed race places, Stormcasts worshipping other gods besides Sigmar who’s big on helping everyone, every WQ game from Silver Tower to Cursed City having multiple Order races work together with even Champions of Destruction noting Orruks can find themselves in Freeguild city service before wandering on to the next fight just to immediately go back on it all and say it’s every race for themself.

Like geez, have Some faith they want to make it interesting like the rest of AoS has been on creative ideas.

• Like 5

Reading the lore right now and I don't see how they could change all of it so drastically. There is way too much integration and working together to fight the greater enemy going on. Hell they set up that most human cities and Stormcast armor are built and maintained by dwarfs. The crusade part is more for gameplay reason I think. There is just too much too change with how the entire world is set up to go racists humans 40k repeat.

So this loops back around to why focus on the humans and the fear that they may remove the non races from the game itself. These were all the realistic options I could come up with in my paranoia lol:

1. Humans get their own sub faction, but cities just gets a rework alongside them? Cities could use some trimming and the human models are the worse in the faction. (Think this is the safest bet right now)
  2. Other races will get their own crusade style reworks with the creation of several new factions? 
  3. The non races get removed from the game and get spent back to The Old World. No lore change since they are focusing on just the human event. (Pretty much have their cake and eating it too)
  4. The non races get spilt up into other order factions which really really new some new units.

It has been about two months and was hoping to at least get an answer to what the crusaders are lol. BUT it seems like it won't happen anytime soon......

• Like 2

Another point is one players have been making recently, the latest point changes have made it very disadvantageous to take Freeguild Guards over Dreadspear Darklings as now they both 85 points but the Dreadspear is better all round.

That could be a subtle nudge to stop collecting humans as the rework is gonna focus on them mostly to make them fit with the Realms instead and leave the rest of the Cities the same(as elder races are less quick to change than short-lived humans so it fits aesthetically they’re the biggest on matching the new setting)

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

I just can’t get the Debbie downer mindset behind this.

Like sure the CoS update is gonna focus heavily on humans as it’s their only place to shine compared to all the aelf & duardin books but it’s not like it was decided last minute.

It’s like what Phil Kelly said in the Gnarlwood video, a lot of that stuff was built up since the beginning of AoS when they were just small lore blurbs they could only expand on down the line.

GW and Cubicle7 haven’t spent years setting up cosmopolitan cities and even recent novels of mixed race places, Stormcasts worshipping other gods besides Sigmar who’s big on helping everyone, every WQ game from Silver Tower to Cursed City having multiple Order races work together with even Champions of Destruction noting Orruks can find themselves in Freeguild city service before wandering on to the next fight just to immediately go back on it all and say it’s every race for themself.

Like geez, have Some faith they want to make it interesting like the rest of AoS has been on creative ideas.

I haven't seen stuff from Cubicle 7 used by GW. Right after he was on the front page of the book (might even have been before), the Warpriest was removed from the game, and he'd be such a good tie in product.

There are a few reasons I am quite wary of the plans:

* The artwork shows no non-human Cities models.

* I don't know any double army warscrolls, so either that changes or Dawnbringer is not in Cities.

* The only bits we saw are religious.

* The "macabre" statement.

* Evasiveness around other Cities races

So far, we have no indication it will be anything but a bunch of religious fanatics, and no indication the rest of Cities is with them.

I also just don't like religions. Pushing the "Cities" out of "of sigmar" robs it of all its uniqueness.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I haven't seen stuff from Cubicle 7 used by GW. Right after he was on the front page of the book (might even have been before), the Warpriest was removed from the game, and he'd be such a good tie in product.

The Warpriest disappeared around the end of 2018 with the other Silver Tower heroes save the Knight-quester and Darkoath. That’s what it made it notable when the Doomseeker came back for the 2019 Fyreslayer Battletome.(which made narrative sense, century had past since Silver Tower so he’d be dead. Soulbound was able to pick him back up as the ritual makes mortals near-immortal)

GW’s been implementing a lot of Cubicle7’s stuff.

Their Anvilgard supplements lead up to Broken Realms and showed the forces behind the city coup of Anvilgard into Har Kuron.

Their AoS3 trailer shows off pictures from Soulbound as the Lord-Imperitant travels the halls of the celestial city.

The official Ghur map features a Melusai shrine city that Cubicle7 made.

The short novel “Monsters” is about Yndraste meeting a Soulbound human who bonded with his magic axe and has been alive serving Grungni since the Age of Myth over a thousand years ago as before Stormcasts it was the Soulbound who were Sigmar and pantheon’s champions.(tying into the Soulbound lore and why Gorkamorka & Nagash know how to make their own as they were apart of the pantheon back then. There was also a magic weapon supplement at the short story’s release that goes into magic weapon creations for stuff like the magic axe)

The recent Sylvaneth battletome outright talks about Soulbound

Pretty sure Soulbound is the reason we’re getting humans at all as it gets around the biggest AoS issue for mortals. The narrative that keeps skipping decades and centuries alongside the gods. A lot of in-lore human heroes(and hidden villains) are dead now by age so they’ll likely lean on Soulbound human generals in the CoS update to keep them going over the next centuries and across realms that stretch over life-times.(might finally get the Warpriest back too to tie-in and for the religious elements)

Already went over why religion isn’t a bad thing. Stormcasts and Sigmarite priests alike worship figures like Alarielle, Tyrion, Grungni and God-beasts alongside the God-king. He’s not exclusive and merciless at all like the 40k God-emperor’s faith is(which I think is the main concern of worries people here that we’re going 40k).

• Thanks 1

Thanks.

I generally think GW will choose the worst option, though they often make good models. Not always, but over half of the non-space marine kits look good. So if there are no indicators of good, and there are indicators of bad, that's where my thoughts go.

I love the Landsknecht look. I wear it regularely. Losing that isn't the greatest to me.

I love the concept of Cities, and I don't think GW will start making multi army warscrolls, so the update would detract from that faction instead of add to it.

Smothering models under even more religion than they have now is also far outside my interest. I particularely dislike the Impirium, and the references are clearly there (though I do like some Sisters models, and the kill team krieg dudes get shot by my players regularely).

I hadn't read enough of Soulbound, and am not going to read more GW fiction (not to my taste). That is a fault of mine.

I don't really see a way for humans to become more to my taste this update. I do understand my taste isn't everyone's, because space marines sell.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

* I don't know any double army warscrolls, so either that changes or Dawnbringer is not in Cities.

So far, we have no indication it will be anything but a bunch of religious fanatics, and no indication the rest of Cities is with them.

I also just don't like religions. Pushing the "Cities" out of "of sigmar" robs it of all its uniqueness.

As others have said the info we got is super limited and we really should not try to figure out what they are doing yet, Buuuuuuuuuut that does not stop me from speculating the worse lol. 

The biggest red flag so far to me was picking a crusade in only 1 realm instead of a giant 8 realm one. I can understand pulling away from the major cities as a focus, but sticking to just one realm just seems for a faction just seems off? Really it feels like GW easy way to put humans into their own faction, give them a completely lore friendly new look, keep the lore from being destroyed, and who knows what with the other races.

I think they have some pretty good alternatives paths to choose from that would be a win win for everyone, and I think it would be crazy for them the remove around several dozen models from the game........................... Of course they may just try and push all the Cities units and players back into The Old World for a quick player boost?

As for as religion, so far from the lore I have read the Sigmar religion is not that bad if you have to pick one. It is pretty accepting/forgiving with a god who is not perfect, but is at least trying to be a better deity and cares about his people. And from the books I read their society is pretty much 99% religion focused so I am not sure how much more fanatical they could get lol.

• Thanks 1

I'd also like to add the other legit fear: that only Chaos humans are the ones getting a diverse aesthetic, and the Order humans will all be a fantasy-European aesthetic again. This might be lessened from doing different Realm-based units, but even with the Witch Hunter warband we saw for WHU... it's just European fantasy clothes. Again. They need to include some kind of aesthetic diversity within the 'core' heroes and units as well as the more fantastical ones.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I'd also like to add the other legit fear: that only Chaos humans are the ones getting a diverse aesthetic, and the Order humans will all be a fantasy-European aesthetic again. This might be lessened from doing different Realm-based units, but even with the Witch Hunter warband we saw for WHU... it's just European fantasy clothes. Again. They need to include some kind of aesthetic diversity within the 'core' heroes and units as well as the more fantastical ones.

Maybe we get lucky and GW is doing a massive human faction with each of the Mortal Realms? That would give us 8 different human factions each with their own identity, abilities, and a very different looks. Could get an Asian, Russian, African, etc. Would also allow Cities to remain untouched as well?

6 hours ago, RyantheFett said:

The biggest red flag so far to me was picking a crusade in only 1 realm instead of a giant 8 realm one. I can understand pulling away from the major cities as a focus, but sticking to just one realm just seems for a faction just seems off? 

Oh nah, Dawncrusades are in multiple realms.

Realm of Life where the Sylvaneth are aiding them(some with the intention of turning on the Settlers to take out the Wanderers & industrialists after they help clear out the Nurgle remnants):

image.jpeg.0a5f004f45a811fdcb5602eb524bb31a.jpeg

Realm of Death where the Corebook mentions the heroic ghosts of Hallost aid the mortals in expanding as well the NightHaunt tome has a cool story of the blood ghost sub-faction spawning from pools of blood made by Khornite attacks on Dawners to slaughter the Chaos warriors and then parley with the humans to return to their city in peace.

image.jpeg.9cffc985d6b0aba80c422a879719104c.jpeg

And the Realm of Fire is seeing the most expansions between Daughters of Khaine “Blood crusades” traveling alongside Dawners to carve a bloody path through chaos tribes and mark holy territory for Morathi-Khaine, Fyreslayer allies in both pay and those urged on by alliances to vanguard the Dawners and have been instrumental in claiming fiery mountain peaks & acid islands for new settlements and the Stormcast Liberators and Sequitors march out alongside Hammerhalians Dawners to protect them and in grimmer instances have to be reforged to tell what disaster, chaotic evil or unknown eldritch circumstance ended that crusade.

IMG_0536.jpg

They’re big in Chamon too. Ghur is just a campaign focus right now alongside the God-king wanting a bigger empire there as the hearty warrior souls of that Realm have proven excellent for both mortal Reclaimed soldiers(Kragnos novel has the former-chaos tribesmen aiding Azyrites as they killed and eat Ogors, crafty enough to hunt through the dangerous terrain and fashion “fruit bombs” from the deadly flora. Basically AoS Catachans) and attune easiest to the Thunderstrike armor’s demand for a strong soul to wear. Yndraste and a great many of the current ones are from Ghur.

Edit: Oh, and I fully agree with wanting humans to have updated looks to match the strange Realms they live in.

However as far as Azyrites go I’m actually okay with just a Victorian update to their clothes. Them basically living in space and like Hexbane’s dealing with Moon daemons feels like a shout-out to Baron Munchasen and his trip to the moon where he outwits the gigantic Moon King(who of course is played by the hammy and beloved Robin Williams).

image.jpeg.bc8579b74c39572ff09887b1507456b9.jpeg

baron-munchausen-on-the-moon-230222

image.jpeg.f10b96bd3cf69a1206cd9a021f6ce64f.jpeg

image.jpeg.64ae9cc81d590e9f5aea22e20b71e34b.jpeg

(I liked that the moon king & queen used those neck saucers to connect to their bodies)

BFFD7783-9D2E-4FDF-A11F-EEF662608A07.png
image.jpeg.68acef3aa78f6c4421d4d950d62be56d.jpeg

Baron.jpg

Edit edit:

haha, that actually reminded me there are giant floating Stormcast heads in Azyr. You talk to one in the Tempestfall VR game.

IMG_0430.png

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Cool. Like the pics and all lol!

Then I will now go with the optimistic and ambitious option that the Dawnbringer Crusades will be new several smaller factions within a big one with each one from each of the 8 worlds. Sort of what you see in 40k (or at least what 40k looks like since I have never played it lol.

That way we get a lot more diversity and options, but Cities get to stay as well!

• Like 1

That would be the best outcome. Cities of Sigmar being a BIG project that slowly gets updated and added onto every edition so by AoS10 it becomes a huge army with variety shaped by sub-factions from every realm.

Like right now a suitable update would just focus on the human side to add in new Order of Azyr units(spread Sigmar’s religion in Ghur to rehabilitate neutral Chaos tribes and inspire more heroes for Stormcast Reforging) and some Reclaimed tribesmen Freeguild that act as Catachan’s with increased bravery, ambushing and explosive experts with fruit bombs before they charge in with barbarian claymores.

Possible Privateer Corsair update too because of Bilgewater which is the 4th great Thondia city as a mobile pirate den built within the carcass/ribs of a vast leviathan’s floating corpse.

Plus new Stronghold Cities in the other Realms that allow Coalitions for different flavors like Ulgu Misthavn sub-faction for Daughters of Khaine or Chamon Vindicarum for Kharadron,etc.

• Like 3

Sorry for the double-post but just had an epiphany why most of the Witch Hunter armor(Hexbane & Jelsen especially) is so chunky and looks crudely beaten into shape:

From Soulbound on Devoted of Sigmar armor-

“Armour of Mallus is a collective term for rare suits of armour crafted by smiths dedicated to the God-King of Azyr. These armours are made from pieces of Sigmarite fragments of Mallus that have been scattered across the Mortal Realms. These rare suits of armour are well-known for their durability, as well as being heavily imbued with Azyrite temporal magic.

Magical Properties: When the wearer of a suit of this armour finds themselves in the heat of battle, the threads of their own fate and that of their opponent is revealed unto the wearer's mind's eye, revealing the past and future of both individuals to the mind's eye of the wearer, those sections where their fates intersect give off a bright glow. The wearer can use this to learn of their enemy's past, machinations, intent, and even their future.”

That also explains the Crossbowman wearing a Stormcast-like mask. They’re made from similar celestial Sigmarite materials from meteorites getting pounded into shape.(if I had to guess* the Ven Densts probably had connections to duardin smiths to smooth theirs out while the rest were human smiths not great at shaping meteors but still determined).

Furthering why they’re the Order of Azyr(Heaven). :D 

Edit*: Yeah, Ven Densts learned runecrafting at Settler’s Gain and come from a lineage back in the Age of Myth from where famous heroes like Ionus Cryptborn the Stormcast are from. So they definitely had duardin connections to treat their meteoric armor.

Galen has mastered the art of etching tiny runes of banishment, an aspect of runecraft both him and his daughter had learnt in Settler’s Gain .”

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Ven_Denst_Dynasty

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 4

Surprised no one mentioned this yet(well probably on rumors somewhere likely) but new AoS horror novel cover dropped on a Beast-Hunter and Witch Hunter from Shyish:

image0.jpg

Now first thought was “Ooh, this could hint at my hope for Ghur barbarian reclaimed and Order of Azyr to head the first big CoS to Dawners reboot)

but then I noticed the Beast-Hunter has a fully prosthetic arm. Talking to the lexicanum guys and they said that stuff has been showing up more and more after Soulbound Steam and Steel dropped because(like the Mallus armor) they detailed a lot of Freeguild technology and medical advancements made by the Ironweld:

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

These can very well be hints for future Dawner units as since the Sylvaneth battletome doesn’t have the cursed city Kurnothi aelf in it(she was a Sylvaneth unit before with a special glade) that’d point out why they have advanced Ghyran equipment too.

Lastly, guy posted his amazing Sisters of Battle conversion to Lionesses of Edassa greatswords-

Which look amazing:

-And that reminded me of Prince Jordain, the Freeguild commander from Realmslayer:

image.jpeg.666986762e2b03fe7a6f00486bd6e276.jpeg

His royalty attire and religious heavy icons could mirror those from the 3D concept hints(remember all the fancy monarch looking stuff made of little circles?)

• Like 2

I think the worry is two fold. Firstly the lore of AoS is very dispersed, and not easily accessible. The cost and number of battletomes and campaign books mean that only the most dedicated or obsessive fans will want to read them all, and even for many of us who love the lore, cost is prohibitive. Then there has always historically been a drop off in attention when it comes to BL books and the rpgs. Those are often the in depth books, but fewer people are aware of that lore. I am really keen on reading lore, but even using audible I can't actually keep uo with BL, I can't afford every battletome ( in terms of space as much as money), ans while I love soulbound, they are taking forever to release the books in print, so I'm behind on that too. And I care, and am actually trying to keep up. Most don't, and we can't really expect them too.

The second issue is that GWs attitudes to aos lore has historically been quite inconsistent. we know from interviews how things get developed and it isn't a lore first system. The money people say what sells, the designers design models, these are given rules, and then the lore writers write lore for them. Only the last step has any requirements to observe canon, and only that last step has any guarantee of being done by people who keep up with their own lore. I think there isquite a high likelyhood that the model designers and rules writers do not read BL or soulbound and are likely unaware of the lore unless directed to consult it. GW is notorious for the right hand not knowing what the left is doing, ans that means in short that past lo re is not guarantee of what is to come. The lore writers will do a valiant effort to make ir all fit, but they have to work w ith what they are given...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Surprised no one mentioned this yet(well probably on rumors somewhere likely) but new AoS horror novel cover dropped on a Beast-Hunter and Witch Hunter from Shyish:

Now first thought was “Ooh, this could hint at my hope for Ghur barbarian reclaimed and Order of Azyr to head the first big CoS to Dawners reboot)

but then I noticed the Beast-Hunter has a fully prosthetic arm. Talking to the lexicanum guys and they said that stuff has been showing up more and more after Soulbound Steam and Steel dropped because(like the Mallus armor) they detailed a lot of Freeguild technology and medical advancements made by the Ironweld:

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

These can very well be hints for future Dawner units as since the Sylvaneth battletome doesn’t have the cursed city Kurnothi aelf in it(she was a Sylvaneth unit before with a special glade) that’d point out why they have advanced Ghyran equipment too.

I love these designs!

10 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Lastly, guy posted his amazing Sisters of Battle conversion to Lionesses of Edassa greatswords-

Which look amazing:

-And that reminded me of Prince Jordain, the Freeguild commander from Realmslayer:

image.jpeg.666986762e2b03fe7a6f00486bd6e276.jpeg

His royalty attire and religious heavy icons could mirror those from the 3D concept hints(remember all the fancy monarch looking stuff made of little circles?)

These look great, but do note that they are Sisters of Silence. Really nice models, but twice the cost of (equally good) Greatswords.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

Do u think there is any chance the spirit of Kislev or Cathay can be used for CoS/ Dawnbringer models? I can imagine them stumbling across once powerful armies that could fend off Chaos until they have been discovered and join forces. 

Odds are the various "mortal" armies will be cross-playable in some form or the other, and if not there's the wonderful world of kit-bashing and "count as" kits. Odds are my preferred armies won't be playable, Nagash squatted us harder than the Squats and I doubt the Vampire Coast will get many models (much less a whole army) if any, but I don't doubt that the vast majority of "Chaos" and "Mortal" armies will get some sort of pass in the coming game.

5 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

Firstly the lore of AoS is very dispersed, and not easily accessible. The cost and number of battletomes and campaign books mean that only the most dedicated or obsessive fans will want to read them all, and even for many of us who love the lore, cost is prohibitive.

That’s like word for word the same situation 40k and especially Wfb fans are in.

Compared to the past at least it’s better now as GW actually advertise their stuff and know how to run websites compared to me and my friends back when having to find out the books even existed by Barnes and Nobles stocking them and FantasyFlight’s very questionable Rpg practices costing at least $150 just to ship a book over here.

Like yeah all that stuff has to be collected by obsessives but that’s what the hobby will make of you anyway and the fandoms start sharing it all online to help newbies.

Like if fan wiki’s/lexicanums didn’t exist then anyone coming in from Total War would be completely lost, bar none. Those random and expensive omnibuses they’re selling aren’t what’s turning an entire gaming community into World-that-was lore aficionados. xD 

These look great, but do note that they are Sisters of Silence. Really nice models, but twice the cost of (equally good) Greatswords.

Oh thanks for the correction!

Definitely super pricey but can’t complain about that style. We need more epic fantasy armor like that to match the lore, only historical dress certainly wouldn’t come out of a setting where you can find a sleeping God-beasts in the void vast enough to cross realities on like a bridge.(Realmslayer with how Avatar-Gotrek got to Ghur from Ghyran by walking on it’s back)

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Do u think there is any chance the spirit of Kislev or Cathay can be used for CoS/ Dawnbringer models? I can imagine them stumbling across once powerful armies that could fend off Chaos until they have been discovered and join forces. 

My bet is just Forge World advertising to AoS like upgrade kits.

Cathay kits for Realm of Hysh humans to copy that oriental vibe from their Lumineth neighbors with the possible Sentinels stand-ins for the solar-powered robots in Settlers Gain and Kislev for Ghur troops, specifically Izalend with it’s goddess frozen lands & harbor, gold-armored troops and “bears”(well if you count the three-headed Kattanaks that breathe frost beams to freeze prey as such since they look like bears).

Would be the best way to recoup losses if the specialist game goes south due to resin and the inflated pricing making rank-and-file unfeasible.