Bloodbound buddies versus meta, apply within!

Wolden Spoons

Following the Warlords event where Bonesplitta Orrucks slaughtered all in their path and a whole wave of Khorne bounced off a couple of Mohawks what have we learned as a faction going forward?

Has anyone played against these lists? What worked, what didn't? As a fan of Skarbrand would we just be throwing him away versus Orrucks archers?

As I see it we have few options to boost things enough besides he regular, we also seem to lack the movement shenanigans a lot of other forces have,. How do we compensate for this? I think i like the idea of Skarr Bloodwrath backing up Skarbrand as a beat stick capable of smashing units.

Any other thoughts out there?

I cannot see any way Khorne can deal with this. Anything other than Bloodletter Bomb is too slow and will just get shot off. Bloodstorm debuff to shooting isn't enough.

He will wall off against BLB and then in his turn/possible double turn shoot off all the Bloodletters.

Alternatively he takes first turn - hand of Gork moves 40 Archers in hero phase 10 inches, then moves again 10 inches and fires at the Bloodletters in his shooting phase. He could charge to kill off any survivors (since Letters will be in buffed and have pants armour).

Even if you got a 30 Bomb off with 2 Bloodsecrators - let's say 10 models not in combat as tailing back etc.. Assume Lord of War so mortal wounds on a 4+.

You'll do 90 attacks of which 45 will be mortal wounds - 8 will be ward saved, so 33 wounds. 

A further 30 regular hits, call it 23 wounds. 4 ward saves, so another 19 wounds.

52 wounds, so 26 dead - not enough to even wipe out a block of 40. Battleshock will do the job for you if he hasn't used inspiring presence.

I've been following the other thread on the generic section about this which @Sedge helpfully replied to. He seems to think he had a touch of luck (I'm not convinced) but I know the Fireslayer guy had a lot of luck so maybe that isn't as bad as it seemed.

Do we have anything spectacular in the survival stakes? Because I quite liked the Fireslayer tactic of a tank wall into counter charge and I imagine our counter charge hits harder. Paint plaguebearers red it is!

I found Mighty Skullcrushers and Khorgaraths were as tanky as it got really (chaos Knights weren't to bad either but not really Bloodbound) but that was just down to a  reasonable save and decent number of wounds. We don't think we really have any Fyreslayer or Nurglesque tricks. Although those units coupled with the mentioned command trait might be enough to get you into a ranged heavy army (with a bit of luck on the second turn priority roll) 

Sayl, 30 Warriors of Chaos, Mystic Shield, Lord of War. If you were Tzeentch (rather than Khorne) then you could add reroll armour saves from a Warshrine. That block could grind them down and survive. 3+ rerollable against no rend and 2 wounds each gives you a chance.

But then we might as well be running storm fiends. Painted red obv.

So Bloodbound, well Khorne options are:

Bloodletter bomb. Not familiar with this but I get the gist

Skullcannons/Hellcannons

Scrap Blood Reavers for more Blood Warriors for better save

Combat characters with lots of wounds to hit them really hard, chaff clearing units to make a path to their buff characters.

Warshrine plus some of the above.

i wish we could see the successful Khorne Bloodbound lists from Warlords. I suspect they were all mixed and running Sayl. I think they mentioned it on @heelanhammer 

I'm hoping they update it with Bloodbound specific traits and Artifacts to bring it in line with the newer books. 

The Battalions aren't too daft there's one for the stuff from the stater set. The others tend to revolve around having 3 units of a certain type with a couple of extras (usually heroes). You do get some pretty nice, if situational, bonuses. For example the Bloodbound Warband give +1 A on the charge to units in the battalion and if three of its units are in 3" of the enemy every Khorne unit in your army is immune to Battleshock 

1 hour ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

I'm hoping they update it with Bloodbound specific traits and Artifacts to bring it in line with the newer books. 

The Battalions aren't too daft there's one for the stuff from the stater set. The others tend to revolve around having 3 units of a certain type with a couple of extras (usually heroes). You do get some pretty nice, if situational, bonuses. For example the Bloodbound Warband give +1 A on the charge to units in the battalion and if three of its units are in 3" of the enemy every Khorne unit in your army is immune to Battleshock 

I'd like to see an allegiance ability similar to what Khorne Daemonkin get in 40k, with the amount of units killed and conditions met unlocking buffs and even summoned daemons. It could be a fluffy way of letting Bloodbound run Khornate daemons without breaking allegiance and loosing (what I can only assume would be) a bunch of cool abilities. Bloodbound heroes being able to 'challenge' enemy characters WFB style and winning Khorne's favour for killing them would also be neat.

'Big' battalions similar to the Sylvaneth Wargroves representing all the named Bloodbound warbands like the Iron Horde and Axes of Skarbrand, ect would be cool too. Actually, the Axes of Skarbrand being able to take a couple of Khorne daemon units the same way Ironbark wargroves can include duardin would be another way fluffy daemons could sneak in.

Archived