Three Places of Power scoring

jobume

Question

Hi, I am a little bit confused about the scoring in Three Places of Power. The scenario states that a player controls an objective if "at the end of any move, a HERO from their army is within 3" of the objective". So if I move a HERO on to an empty objective in the movement phase, I gain control of it. But if I then charge the HERO away from the objective in the charge phase, do I lose control of the objective? It feels like the HERO should have to stay on the objective to score, but I can't find anything in the scenario description that says so. Am I just reading it wrong?

So, my question simply put is this: Does a HERO need to be 3" from the objective at the end of the turn to score on it?

12 answers to this question

11 hours ago, jobume said:

So, my question simply put is this: Does a HERO need to be 3" from the objective at the end of the turn to score on it?

You're reading it right - once you "tag" the objective it's yours and the only way the opponent will take it will be to kill the hero who tagged it.  It does mean that you can get a hero to tag an objective and then scurry back to a safe place (I would consider this Skaven tactics)

49 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

You're reading it right - once you "tag" the objective it's yours and the only way the opponent will take it will be to kill the hero who tagged it.  It does mean that you can get a hero to tag an objective and then scurry back to a safe place (I would consider this Skaven tactics)

I see, but if the hero "tagging" the objective moves away from the objective, and another hero moves to it, doesn't it automatically transfer to the new hero then?

5 hours ago, Paul Buckler said:

You control it if you have a hero within 3" at the end of their move.  If you move away you no longer control it. 

First hero to get within 3" 'tags' it as first hero to arrive, and gains control, but that doesn't then allow them to move out of 3".

I agree the wording on this one is poor (compared to some of the others). Me and Adam Hall had a good discussion before we started our game and came to the above solution as well. Definitely makes the most sense and makes the battleplan plan best IMO. Heroes running in, tagging, then running back to their board edge doesn't seem right.

That (as quoted) is certainly the way I would rule it as a TO at my events.

Archived