The Painting Contract - December 2021

TheOtherJosh

On 12/7/2021 at 2:18 PM, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Thank you for saying that. I always feel like a bit of a fraud when it comes to basing because I always just throw some Miliput on there for hight, cover everything in sandy texture paste and leftover bits and slap a bunch of semi-random colours all over them. Or just buy pre-built bases, haha.

Yeah, I hate basing! The texture paints really are a godsend I find, really don't like messing with real sand and dirt. Slap a couple of textures on, maybe a skull and then get dry brushing is all I manage. 

I've started painting the feathers on my final two marauders and also ordered some bits so I can convert some marauder horsemen in the future as well as a few chaos warrior bodies so eventually will up that unit to 20.

• Like 3

Feel like I've somehow been painting shields all day, but my Corvus Cabal marauders are all done :)

Screenshot-2021-12-11-at-15-59-36.png

Really pleased with how they turned out and they were really fun to paint. I'm booked in to play my first ever game of AoS on monday as well so we shall see how they do! Not gonna pledge to challenge myself to another unit over Christmas but will be slowly working on a unit of marauder horsemen which should arrive in the next couple of days. Looking forward to some feathery conversions on those. 

Full army so far...

Spoiler

Screenshot-2021-12-11-at-16-12-42.png

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

Progress: I finished painting the squigs and the hoppers, it took me a bit longer as i wasnt happy with the colour of the gobbo skins. The skin was a bit dark and the focus of the mini was off in some way. So i had to add a lighter layer to make them stand out a bit more. Got a few bases left to paint and i can call them finished for now. 

On 12/11/2021 at 4:15 PM, Mako said:

Feel like I've somehow been painting shields all day, but my Corvus Cabal marauders are all done :)

Really pleased with how they turned out and they were really fun to paint. I'm booked in to play my first ever game of AoS on monday as well so we shall see how they do! Not gonna pledge to challenge myself to another unit over Christmas but will be slowly working on a unit of marauder horsemen which should arrive in the next couple of days. Looking forward to some feathery conversions on those. 

Full army so far...

Hide contents

These look awesome 👏 

On 12/16/2021 at 6:23 PM, Zlatan said:
On 12/11/2021 at 4:15 PM, Mako said:

Full army so far...

Reveal hidden contents

These look awesome 👏 

Thanks :) I've really enjoyed getting back into this hobby over the last couple months. Took my army down to the local Warhammer store a couple times this week and played some games to learn the basic rules etc and had a blast. Now just fighting the urge to buy endless more units before I finish off the remaining stuff I gotta paint. At the moment this consists of: 

- seven chaos warriors (I have enough parts for ten apart from the cloaks so I'll need to pick some of them up from somewhere at some point)

- six marauders (the corvus cabal ones as above)

- ten marauder horsemen

So quite a small pile of shame compared to some of the rest of you I'm sure 😂 I made a start on my horsemen, just wanted to paint a test model so painted up the horn blower. The other nine will have the Tzeentch Acolyte heads so going to have to play with green stuff at some point but as he's got the horn I got away with a head from the horsemen kit. 

Screenshot-2021-12-18-at-10-02-38.png

Might add some more feathers at some point but really pleased with how the feathered banner pole came out. Managed to grab ten of them off eBay, from some Dark Angels' kit. 

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

So had an accident. Twisted my ankle and can’t walk this weekend. Only barely. So my Knight judicator is already finished. I did not feel like painting gryph hounds right now but I still have a squad of the original ones I can use if I want to play.

22FC8961-A990-4D6E-80C9-50B9F1C46D1A.jpeg.2ff5c042d820a969102b2555642d595d.jpegAC070AC3-E201-4419-BA94-BF737ADC0DE7.jpeg.50e5292e381b74183ec2177bf51e7ae5.jpeg

Super happy with the result . Gave him an arcane tome as artifact and clued the Knight arcanum book on his belt.

Edited by Dukeus
  • Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 4

Finally finished the Squig Hoppers. I left the bases for another time when i decide the look for the whole army. Dont know if i want to go for swamp/ forest or cave bases yet. After that i was done painting for a bit so i build a Dankhold Troggoth and a Gordrakk on Mawkrusha. I magnetised the feet so i can also use him as a regular Megaboss on foot. After that i decided to paint up Mollogs Mob before the Dankhold to try out some things. Good month so far. Added some progress pics.

20211221_193727.jpg.8b6b7538dedabaa62dc71c98a2df25ba.jpg20211222_162725.jpg.4c519567787a54c753cad3d2def27c34.jpg20211219_160011.jpg.5641d65bf66e49d05a97bbd244aa32bb.jpg20211219_155943.jpg.fc0392a02e42f53a172aa5c86e31321b.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1