AoS 3 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chumphammer

4 hours ago, Emerald said:

Hi fellow fans,

I’m only here for a small clarification, it is probably not even Daughters related as it is, but

could someone clarify if a Blood Stalker hits with it’s Heartseeker Bow on a 6, that what kind of save can be taken against the wound as the “attack sequence ends” is probably a bit misleading!

I’m thinking of any pre3.0 wound negating or new ward saves?

Yes or no?

Thank you for your kind help in advance

Best regards

Greg

WHen you roll a 6 and you get a mortal wound, it ignores armour saves.

Ward saves & feel no pain saves (or anything that works vs Mortal wounds) then can try and save against it

What it means by "the attack sequence ends" is the model just takes 1 MW from that individial shot (the 6) and you do not roll to wound. its basically to stop you getting to roll to wound and having an additional wound chance as well as the mortal wound

9 hours ago, Ravenborn said:

First of all, great to see your army, looks great! I like the snaky avatar.

Second: they canceled Attack-X? ******! I was hoping to visit family in Kamloops that weekend and sneak in as a spectator. 

Cheers! Yeah its the 1st of my Avatars of Morathi-Khaine. I am going to do another but the upper half resin model I ordered hasnt come yet

Yeah, BC changed the interior restrictions again due to spike in cases on Friday, Basically meant no indoor events Over 50 people. They couldnt run at just 50 as costs too high from the Uni Venue so they were forced to Cancel as The indications were the restrictions will be for a few weeks at least and Attack X was in 3. Suuuucks. 

Kippers is still aiming to be on in October as thats on the island and they are doing fine 

New FAQs up for GHB2021, Core book and Slyvaneth

Main things of note:

1: Umbral spell portal can only be cast from 1 end of the portal
2: Cogs now only effects one wizard (BIG)
3: any aftersave damage negation is a ward. So only 1 fnp or ward or even bodyguard save
4: Woods fixed so sly can teleport and have them in enemy territory again
 5: Pile in fixed to stop potential of pile in blocking 

Hi,
I'll go to a tournament in 1 month with my DoK but I coud use a hand with my list... It's a 1k tournament with no unit or warscroll taking more than 50% of your army, so no Morathi :(

I was thinking about Gotrek + snakes (Medusa + Stalkers) but I will have a really low model count and if my snakes die, well, game over!

3 hours ago, Eternalis said:

Hi,
I'll go to a tournament in 1 month with my DoK but I coud use a hand with my list... It's a 1k tournament with no unit or warscroll taking more than 50% of your army, so no Morathi :(

I was thinking about Gotrek + snakes (Medusa + Stalkers) but I will have a really low model count and if my snakes die, well, game over!

Just hope you don’t play a against a skaventide weapon teams list, with the waprgrinder bomb.

it really just destroys anything (except morathi)at 1000points

Edited by Skreech Verminking

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Maogrim said:

So, what do the disciples of Morathi-Khaine think about the long-term viability of Blood Stalkers? Will they remain good should the Morathi interaction get nerfed, or are Sisters a safer bet?

I think they are fine as a support unit to help snipe heroes or unleash hell

I run 10 without Morathi-Khaine and they do fine. I dont think Id run more than 10 without her though 

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2021 at 4:58 PM, Maogrim said:

So, what do the disciples of Morathi-Khaine think about the long-term viability of Blood Stalkers? Will they remain good should the Morathi interaction get nerfed, or are Sisters a safer bet?

Really depends on the meta.

The new Kruleboyz and SCE battletomes have toolkits at their disposable to hard counter shooting armies

Kruleboyz

• 12" visibility - LRL still can shoot them
  • D3 units cannot be seen when in cover, this is a hard counter 
  • Forcing enemy units into reserves - remove screens to hit shooting units
  • Counter shooting - they also have pretty decent MW shooting output

SCE

• Dragon riders have hero phase move + charge to close gap and bypass unleash hell
  • New decent shooting units to thin down fragile enemy shooting units

IMO, GW will not nerf this combo but probably give other factions the toolkit to deal with shooting meta.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, InSaint said:

Really depends on the meta.

That is very true. I can give info on my enemies. Maybe that'll help further evaluation?

Opponents I would be facing in my group have Hedonites of Slaanesh, Blades of Khorne, Slaves to Darkness and indeed Stormcast Eternals, Hammers of Sigmar to be specific, and indeed probably with a focus on all those new dragon units and heroes. 

On 9/24/2021 at 2:40 PM, Maogrim said:

That is very true. I can give info on my enemies. Maybe that'll help further evaluation?

Opponents I would be facing in my group have Hedonites of Slaanesh, Blades of Khorne, Slaves to Darkness and indeed Stormcast Eternals, Hammers of Sigmar to be specific, and indeed probably with a focus on all those new dragon units and heroes. 

Honestly, you should be able to play comfortably with Morathi + 10/15 Blood Stalkers (maybe even dominate) against the faction in your group.

Hedonites are pretty fragile, you can easily shoot them to bits.

StD and Khorne are very close combat oriented. With proper screening and positioning you can shoot them off. If your opponent brings Archaon, just use Morathi to tarpit him.

Some of the new SCE units are not yet out so I am not too sure how we fare against them.

• Thanks 1

Hello all. I am an ex obr player moved in to Morathi's army. I bought start collecting, shadow and pain half, 2 boxes of melusai, 1 box of witches, morathi of course and endless spells. Thinking about trying this list:

Army Name: dok
Army Faction: Daughters of Khaine
Subfaction: Khailebron
Battlepack: Pitched Battles
Points Limit: 2000 pts
General: Bloodwrack Medusa
Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
Triumph: Inspired
Battle Trait Bonus: Concealment and Stealth, Masters of the Shadowpaths
Core Battalions
 Vanguard
 Morathi-Khaine
 Battalion Slot Filled: Sub-commander
 Battlefield Role: Leader
 Spells: Mindrazor, The Withering
 Points Cost: 660 pts
 Witch Aelves
 Battalion Slot Filled: Troops
 Battlefield Role: Battleline
 Points Cost: 120 pts
 Warlord
 Magnificent Bonus: Spells
 The Shadow Queen
 Battalion Slot Filled: Commander
 Battlefield Role: Behemoth, Leader
 Points Cost: 660 pts
 Hag Queen
 Battalion Slot Filled: Sub-commander
 Prayers: Catechism of Murder
 Points Cost: 105 pts
 Bloodwrack Medusa (General)
 Battalion Slot Filled: Commander
 Command Traits: Mistress of Illusion
 Artefacts of Power: Whisperdeath
 Spells: Mirror Dance, Steed of Shadows
 Points Cost: 120 pts
 Khinerai Heartrenders
 Battlefield Role: Other
 Points Cost: 95 pts
 Hunters of the Heartlands
 Blood Sisters
 Reinforced: Once
 Points Cost: 280 pts
 Blood Stalkers
 Reinforced: Twice
 Points Cost: 510 pts
Endless Spells/Invocations
 Bloodwrack Viper
 Points Cost: 95 pts
Total Points: 1985 pts

Any thoughts shared appreciated 🤗🤗🤗

@dikakos Greetings and congratulations on joining the glorious faith to the supreme queen and murder godess Morathi-Khaine. 

The list is a little hard to read sine there is nothing in bold nor any empty lines as seperation. But you have Morathi and 15 Stalkers, which is said to be quite good right now. 

The Bloodwrack Viper seems to be hit-or-miss for most people. And a single MSU of Witch Aelves might die quite fast. 

Are you dead-set on Khailebron? Because you could get the MSU Khinerai 'for free' in Khelt Nar. 

Which reminds me... @Chumphammer@Chumphammer and others: what'd be your ranking of the sects, now that 3rd Edition had a little breathe? 

10 hours ago, Maogrim said:

@dikakos Greetings and congratulations on joining the glorious faith to the supreme queen and murder godess Morathi-Khaine. 

The list is a little hard to read sine there is nothing in bold nor any empty lines as seperation. But you have Morathi and 15 Stalkers, which is said to be quite good right now. 

The Bloodwrack Viper seems to be hit-or-miss for most people. And a single MSU of Witch Aelves might die quite fast. 

Are you dead-set on Khailebron? Because you could get the MSU Khinerai 'for free' in Khelt Nar. 

Which reminds me... @Chumphammer@Chumphammer and others: what'd be your ranking of the sects, now that 3rd Edition had a little breathe? 

sorry for this list trouble. i will try and fix it. thanks for any advice 🙂 @Maogrim

On 10/3/2021 at 12:02 AM, Maogrim said:

Its hard to tell really as 90% of tournament lists are morathi & 15 Bowsnakes

Hagg Nar is still solid but misses the 5+ MW

Khelibron is good if going a Low drop and maybe MSU to give them no solid target. Peter has a list around with 45 Stalkers (2 x 10 and 5 x 5) and went 4-1 with it. (not my kinda list as pure shooting but credit for something different)

Id say they are still my top 2, with Draichi and Khelt nar both close behind

Only stuff I dont see much on is Cobra Kai

DOK are in a good spot. We are solid vs most things atm and though the Morathi list is the net list atm for DOK we have a ton of good options. I dont think we have a bad pick in the book tbh if you build your army around your choices 

• Thanks 1

Hey folks.  I have not posted in awhile, but I finally completed a display base for The Girls!

Heading up to Michigan GT tomorrow to slit throats and take hearts in the name of Morathi-Khaine this weekend! 

If anyone else is going I hope to see you there!

20211007_205424.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

So, mabye you guys have already seen her, but Raging Heroes brought a new Dark Elf Queen who is quite obviously supposed to be Morathi (-Khaine):

DE-Queen-Full_9d155a60-3d76-41df-b589-f2668b2be7fa_5000x.jpg.d3fe83f3844f4c8ded854594ce510d27.jpg

I think she's pretty awesome and superior to the regular High Oracle sculpt. I suppose she's a little cheesecakey, even for DOK standards, but her pose is just far more regal and majestic, fitting her new role as goddess.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Maogrim said:

So, mabye you guys have already seen her, but Raging Heroes brought a new Dark Elf Queen who is quite obviously supposed to be Morathi (-Khaine):

DE-Queen-Full_9d155a60-3d76-41df-b589-f2668b2be7fa_5000x.jpg.d3fe83f3844f4c8ded854594ce510d27.jpg

I think she's pretty awesome and superior to the regular High Oracle sculpt. I suppose she's a little cheesecakey, even for DOK standards, but her pose is just far more regal and majestic, fitting her new role as goddess.

Considering this was basically Morathi's outfit in the Old World this seems rather appropriate.  Now we just need a Shadow Queen version to match this one.