ASP tunnel master 

Neferata 390

SP prison of grief

10 skeletons 85

20 zombies 115

20 zombies 115

20 grave guard 280

Tot 1995

I wanna use skeletons and zombies to screen . The value of 20 zombies is very good when u summon them in opponent turn within 3". 10 bodyes to protect your big pieces from bad charges.

Hammers are VLoZD . One guy woth 3+ save ethereal 6+ ward with new hunger ability is massive. Super hard to kill

Other VLoZD with neferata spell and mystic shield is even better ( if spell go off) with 2+ save ( mystic shield or all out defence) unrendable and flaming weapon. I still got point left for third hammer woth 20 grave guard and vamp lord to buff them. 

What do you think?:)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

That's exactly what it is!

Personally, I am satisfied with the quality. It is 3d printed plastic. Mine had only very minimal print errors (small stray buts of filament, kind of like flashing on a plastic cast) which were easily cleaned up.

My biggest gripe with the set is that the layer lines are pretty significant. That makes it hard to use washes on them if you don't sand them down. The printers at Dark Fantastic Mills might be better now, though, I bought my terrain from them 3 years ago or so.

20230412_183453.jpg.92f878f9691a6afe487ae764bd1f5bdc.jpg

20230412_183502.jpg.cef7429d9b619f8d0f0868cb6a38bfaa.jpg

20230412_183522.jpg.bd286a7fd9c45669d55cb87b84a4d3fe.jpg

Otherwise, no real complaints. The terrain is rugged enough that you can just throw it into a box and go. It is very gameable, with lots of room for miniatures to stand on top, although that makes it look somewhat large in the table compared to 28mm miniatures. For what it's worth, I like the set enough that am considering buying a few more pieces of it once I get a proper home gaming table together.

Thanks that’s really helpful. I don’t know a lot about 3D printing, but I have bought a couple of things and those look pretty good quality by comparison. I like the style of the terrain a lot and it’s quite competitively priced, so I’ll probably grab a few bits 😊

Gave the new book a run at the local game night. Only got one match in, but it was a really fun close one. Prize of Gallet, 19-24. Couldn't pin Durthu down and so he eventually took me apart, but it was a great match and it would have been 22-24 if I'd tried for Empire of Corpses as my grand strat over Lust for Domination.

New Skeletons were MVP, in comedy value if not otherwise (actual MVP was probably Neferata). The other guy was running Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws and ran these 4" movement models over like four turns in a row without wiping out the unit. Unfortunately for him, there were no other good targets nearby for any of those turns. It was hilarious watching them just die and come back and die and come back.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RocketPropelledGrenade said:

Gave the new book a run at the local game night. Only got one match in, but it was a really fun close one. Prize of Gallet, 19-24. Couldn't pin Durthu down and so he eventually took me apart, but it was a great match and it would have been 22-24 if I'd tried for Empire of Corpses as my grand strat over Lust for Domination.

New Skeletons were MVP, in comedy value if not otherwise (actual MVP was probably Neferata). The other guy was running Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws and ran these 4" movement models over like four turns in a row without wiping out the unit. Unfortunately for him, there were no other good targets nearby for any of those turns. It was hilarious watching them just die and come back and die and come back.

How big of a unit were you using? I've been mostly seeing folks use blocks of 20, and I haven't gotten the chance to test out a unit of 30 with the new book yet. I feel like this means that 30 is probably overkill (or at least viewed as such by most people) on unit durability, but I want to know how it actually performs.

14 minutes ago, Leshoyadut said:

How big of a unit were you using? I've been mostly seeing folks use blocks of 20, and I haven't gotten the chance to test out a unit of 30 with the new book yet. I feel like this means that 30 is probably overkill (or at least viewed as such by most people) on unit durability, but I want to know how it actually performs.

I took 20. I feel like anything that can lift 20 will probably lift 30 as well with their save (and if not, they could easily lose the rest from battleshock), but anything that can't will be stuck there forever.

As a side note, I also some some suggestions about running Askurgan Trueblades in Kastelai. Not for me, since I've been a Legion of Blood fanboy ever since I first saw Neferata's model, but it seems both really thematic and potentially pretty good?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Leshoyadut said:

Wondering the same. I think there’s a place for a block of 30 (am I right in thinking on 25mm bases with 2” reach they should technically be able to attack in 3 ranks?). Sometimes you’ll lose models early to shooting or magic in a unit of 20 before getting into combat, and if you want to guarantee killing something then 30 could be a shout, especially if you’re putting points into buffing them via V-lord and WK. 

13 hours ago, RocketPropelledGrenade said:

if I'd tried for Empire of Corpses as my grand strat over Lust for Domination.

I feel like if you've got a decent number of summonable units, particularly smaller sizes or ones that you'll be screening with early on, then Empire of Corpses is usualy the better option. It's something you can secure before the end of the game, its difficult for your opponent to deny it unless they're avoiding killing your units (not exactly a bad thing), and you can achieve it even if the game is otherwise going badly. 

The only downside is the obvious potential to just roll horrendously all game, but you could always include something like Gorslav and get it consistently. 

Ugh, realized late last night that in my new-book brain fatigue, I forgot two enhancements (a spell lore enhancement in a 4 wizard list, plus my Aspect of the Champion) and the entirety of Riders of Ruin when I could have probably wiped out a unit with it a turn or two early. That could have definitely tipped things.

Still, just reinforces that the new book is pretty strong.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TechnoVampire said:

Wondering the same. I think there’s a place for a block of 30 (am I right in thinking on 25mm bases with 2” reach they should technically be able to attack in 3 ranks?). Sometimes you’ll lose models early to shooting or magic in a unit of 20 before getting into combat, and if you want to guarantee killing something then 30 could be a shout, especially if you’re putting points into buffing them via V-lord and WK. 

I was asking about the Deathrattle Skeletons, not Grave Guard. 😜 But I do agree that 30 GG have a place, especially with being able to fight from three ranks. I was already consistently getting 20ish into fight with just 1" reach, so I think getting all 30 in won't be too hard with 2" reach. That said, I wonder if that's not, like, overkill levels of damage against anything short of a gargant.

image.png.319ef30acf8ff05ba09ba1d782f7d7af.png

42 wounds to a 2+ save does feel like it's probably a bit more than necessary. Hell, even 18 wounds feels like almost more than enough. (Also, it's 28.65 average damage for the buffed vamp vs. a 2+ save target getting AOD to ignore the rend.)

image.png.abe7cd98d0be99df35c317bceb943608.png

Adding a 6+ ward still leaves them nearly one-shotting a 2+ save gargant when buffed. Do even a smidgen of damage from zombie dragon breath or a spell, and it's dead, Jim. (And 23.87 vs. a 2+ save ignoring rend.)

image.png.1266715ac3fdbfd1c39a4eabc71cd359.png

And finally, just because I frequently play against a friend who plays Nighthaunt, a target that's ethereal with a 5+ ward.

Multiply everything by 2/3 to get what a unit of 20 does instead, don't feel like pasting three more images for that. I think a 30 block of GG is worth it if you play into a field where there's a lot of shooting to pick them off before they get in, or if you really just enjoy straight up deleting enemies. Personally, while I do enjoy the Timmy factor of deleting things, I think the shooting problem is the bigger factor here, especially since we don't have much in the way of anti-shooting other than just regenerating models that they shot. Also given that shooting is a menace in the entire game, it feels worth consideration depending on your meta.

Definitely something to keep in mind.

P.S. One more for the road:

image.png.30aa4f0c2dd9940f6aa4feb05f486d0d.png

Exploding 6s to hit since you also need a WK for your general. It could be on steed, but you could also put it on foot to get the exploding 6s on them for giggles. Changes to 40.73 on a 2+/6++, and 26.68 on an unrendable 2+/6++. While it's basically only ever going to happen against zombies, and will still be absurdly massively overkill even then, 116 wounds against a 6+ save is funny to me.

21 hours ago, TechnoVampire said:

… speaking of printing has anyone found any good alternate models/ prints for grave guard? The GW ones don’t hold their own for me anymore. 

Clay beast creations has some interesting skellies. They're not quite just a skeleton in armor but are pretty cool non the less. 🤘

• Like 1

Doing some math on Deathrattle Skeletons, I actually kinda rate their offensive capabilities now. Sure, 1 attack 1 inch reach is bad, but 3+, 4+, -1, 1 means they can actually do OK damage in over time. They are not just a total tarpit anymore. Point for point their damage is actually quite decent when they get their rend buff.

Also, 1 attack means that +1 attack buffs actually really turn their damage on. Maybe there is an opportunity sometimes to move a vampire lord in close or charge something nearby with Radukar the Beast if you are in Vyrkos. Could totally swing a fight out of nowhere:

Save    20 Skeletons +1 attack, +1 to hit
2+    7.59
3+    11.39
4+    15.19
5+    18.98
6+    22.78
Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Doing some math on Deathrattle Skeletons, I actually kinda rate their offensive capabilities now. Sure, 1 attack 1 inch reach is bad, but 3+, 4+, -1, 1 means they can actually do OK damage in over time. They are not just a total tarpit anymore. Point for point their damage is actually quite decent when they get their rend buff.

Also, 1 attack means that +1 attack buffs actually really turn their damage on. Maybe there is an opportunity sometimes to move a vampire lord in close or charge something nearby with Radukar the Beast if you are in Vyrkos. Could totally swing a fight out of nowhere:

2+    7.59
3+    11.39
4+    15.19
5+    18.98
6+    22.78

That’s really not bad looking at it. I was thinking this may be the case, but can’t do maths so I’m glad others here can 😊. I’m planning on using skeletons as my summonable option when running GG, V-lord and WK. I also love the models so I’m glad they’re good now!

has anyone looked into bloodknights output now with new buffs and rend? 

Looking for thoughts on this list

a meme twist on what folks say is the 'best' cav list of soulblight lol

Vengorian lord, General: doomed minions (maybe master of magic), Spirit gale

Wight king on steed, artifact: amulet of screams

Necromancer: Fading vigor

Necromancer: waste away

battle line:

10x black knights

10x black knights

5x black knight

10x dire dogs

mortis engine

mortis engine

mortis engine

Just a fast mortal wounds celebration. Thoughts?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

battle line:

10x black knights

10x black knights

5x black knight

10x dire dogs

mortis engine

mortis engine

mortis engine

Not enough Mortis Engines. 4tis Engine or bust.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

2+    7.59
3+    11.39
4+    15.19
5+    18.98
6+    22.78

Yeah, I hadn't done the math on it, but I'd been looking at them earlier and thinking "these guys could easily do more in the way of damage that sticks than they take against a lot of units." If you can block retreats, they could grind a lot of enemies down over time, and certainly do it to stuff that tries to steal objectives from them without being a big time hammer to clear them all in one go.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys what do you think about vengorian lord in kastelai.  Its not considering having a mount. That seems pretty strong after we buff him with kastelai traits!:)

Seems like it could do work, especially with the aura to reduce rend on your Blood Knights. Would be cheaper than running a second VLoZD for general if going with Vhordrai as well.

This is what u was thinking

vhordrai 

-SP vile transference

vengorian lord

- CT undead bladelord

- AR  fragment of the keep 

-  SP flaming weapon

4 x5 blood knights

Zombie dragon

Its 1970

The good synergy with vengorian and a monster plus classic kastelai combo with msu of blood knights and vhrodrai. Vengorian is a good tanky piece with decent damage with kastelai trait and we got a zombie dragon to deeps strike!!! 

Its a 2 drop list too!!

Edited by Tizianolol

3 hours ago, mmimzie said:

battle line:

10x black knights

10x black knights

5x black knight

10x dire dogs

mortis engine

mortis engine

mortis engine

This...genuinely seems like it'd be some very silly fun. Master of Magic on the Vengo just to get the 9+ on Spirit Gale more often would be pretty cool. Four casters to charge up the Mortis Engines even seems decent. Might split things up more to provide extra layers of screens so the Mortis Engines can stay within 6" for their blasts easier, but I'm not sure how necessary that would actually be.

3 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

This is what u was thinking

vhordrai 

-SP vile transference

vengorian lord

- CT undead bladelord

- AR  fragment of the keep 

-  SP flaming weapon

4 x5 blood knights

Zombie dragon

Its 1970

The good synergy with vengorian and a monster plus classic kastelai combo with msu of blood knights and vhrodrai. Vengorian is a good tanky piece with decent damage with kastelai trait and we got a zombie dragon to deeps strike!!! 

Its a 2 drop list too!!

Unfortunately I think you may have miscalculated your points  cost somewhere? The app calculates the points of this list at 2110… regardless I think vengorian lord does have potential in Kastelai and I’ve looked at running it myself… maybe you could drop the VLOZD and take some summmonable units?

I think the list is legal. I did it with the app

Vhrodrai 470

Vengorian lord 280

2x5 blood knights 920 (230×4)

Zombie dragon ( monster) 300

Its 1970. I dont have VLoZD, i got the normal Zombie dragon to have synergy with vengorian lord and to benfit from his deploy out of the map!:)

• Like 1