AoS fan tributes to Berserk/dark fantasy in honor of Kentaro Miura.

Well it's very sad news that the writer for the Berserk manga has recently passed away. But i'm not making a gloomy thread because the man inspired the whole world in how to shape their dark fantasy genres.

Fans all over are showing their support like the Final Fantasy mmo players in their hundreds banding together as the Dark knight class to look like Guts and honor Miura.

Berserk inspired so much from Dark Souls, Monster Hunter, Dragons Dogma to even Age of Sigmar artwork for 2015 Everchosen:

Warhammer-Fantasy-fb-%25D0%25BF%25D0%25B

And there's been hundreds of amazing conversions and kitbashes to bring Berserk and it's inspired descendents to the Mortal Realms:

And so i'm making this topic for any of your inspirations from Miura's work. Conversions? Army fluff? A old short story of your wandering warrior with a sword way too big for normal men to wield traversing the shifting Realmscapes.

Or just as good, post what amazing things you've seen other hobbyists create as a tribute to the man's brilliant works.

Take those ideas of evil and turn them into ideas of creativity. ;)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 6

The news of this has really bummed me out. Its so sad that one of the best dark fantasy novels going for over 30 years will forever linger unfinished. He was pretty young still, which makes it all the more horrid.

I built this Snotling Warlord back around 1999, he was massively banged up by the time I'd unearthed him from the box of goblins, so last year I hooked out a bunch of identical replacement parts and finally gave him the paint job he'd been waiting for. So here is my snotling - Gütz, The green swordsgrot! Wielding his sword 'KLANG', it's said he single handedly killed 100 stormcast (It's said..but it doesn't mean its true! He probably just annoyed them!) Found under a 'hanging mushroom', Gütz is destined for medium-great things!

I fully intend to add some more characters from Berserk into his Band of the Squig unit at some point. Just waiting for Uni to finally finish and I can get back to painting.

IMG_20191022_090945_566.jpg.66ccb5f91e0422577a95d591630806ea.jpg

Edited by RexHavoc
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, SunStorm said:

I had no idea it connected back to AoS. 

Haha, as much i'd like that to be the case with AoS starting things I think you mean connected to Berserk. xD

Though i'm happy to report a lot of Warhammer/AoS painters are wanting to make their own Guts' now.

Sounds like a great time for you to try out the Dark Knight class, though. ;)

7 hours ago, RexHavoc said:

Found under a 'hanging mushroom', Gütz is destined for medium-great things!

That's epicly fantastic!  :D

I'm sure he could've taken that army of demigods. Maybe single-handed just means he struck the toe of a Mega-gargant that fell over upon the column. Locals might call it the Klanging lightning canyon for the 100 bolts that flew back to Azyr and lit up the night, a raucous clanging waking up the nearby Ghurian villages that fed the titan.

Best of luck with the rest of the heroic band. I'm sure many spicy Fyreslayer brews will be won, daemons vanquished under the bad moon's gaze and even God-beasts made wary of their exploits! :D

Also, great reddit post here on so many other franchises inspired by Miura's hard work.

Edited by Gaz Taylor
Tweaked link so it displayed as a link

• 2 months later...

Update that the guy who's been making those amazing Guts model conversions for AoS & 40k did a Griffith kitbash.

0rasyt4jv0d71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

On another note i'm looking forward to the Dark Souls/Berserk make-overs the Stormcast Vanquishers will get.

9-foot baroque armored paladins with ten-foot celestial greatswords is begging for Abyss Watcher kitbashes(an undying legion with bleached hair lines up perfectly with Stormcast reforging) and wolf head swaps for at least the champion.

hphfqquj51971.png

t-c-kua-abysswatchurs.jpg?1467603191

69fhdacmzh471.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

I have deeply mixed feelings about Berserk. While there are indisputably a number of elements that are simply excellent, for me they were tarnished by others that strayed from dark fantasy to 'dark fantasy'. I can see the pragmatism behind including such elements due to the ease of boosting popularity with certain crowds. Yet for me it takes Berserk down from being truly great to being merely good, even if it increases my respect of the author for his skill.

What I see here is a memorial to the better parts of Berserk, overlooking certain other elements. And that makes me happy.

• Like 1