Ulfenkarn Expansions

Sharkbelly

Think so too, GW love to give us the standard nighthaunt models in all forms (side-games, mortal-realms-magazine, soul-wars starter-set, ....). 
Like they did it with the death guard guys in BSF.

What i would love to see, Kharadron zombies expansion for the Skyport-location! (We can dream, right?)

As a lot of people mentioned, a werewolf expansion with new models would be great too.

3 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

Any guesses as to what these might be? Here's one thought: the Gheistgale spot on the map mentions that none dare venture near it except the spectral dead. So ghosts of some kind? How about Myrrmourn banshees or something similar?

I think the spots on the Cursed City map that are not yet connected to any of the big bads seem like a good basis for future expansions.

Right now, we have:

The Gheistgale

The blurb mentions spectral undead. But there are none of those in the base game. That makes the idea of a Nighthaunt expansion pretty plausible to me. But I don't think the Gheistgale will have banshees, because...

Shadowed Crypt-Halls

The discription of the Crypt-Halls mentions music and screams! That sounds like if a Banshee goes anywhere, it will be here.

The Clot

Much like the Gheistgale, the discription of this location seems to hint towards another Death army. "Carrion Horrors" sounds like Flesh Eater Courts.

Hangman's Copse

Sylvaneth and bats are mentioned. I would love to see what undead sylvaneth look like, that's for sure. A bat-themed expansion does not sounds super exciting.

Ven Alten Skydocks

There is a connection here both to the Kharadron Overlords and the Ven Alten family. I would love to see a KO ghost ship.

I think it's also worth noting that some of the heroes have explicit connections to certain villains, but others don't. That could also hint at future expansions, although we are probably getting new heroes in those as well.

4 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I think the spots on the Cursed City map that are not yet connected to any of the big bads seem like a good basis for future expansions.

Right now, we have:

The Gheistgale

The blurb mentions spectral undead. But there are none of those in the base game. That makes the idea of a Nighthaunt expansion pretty plausible to me. But I don't think the Gheistgale will have banshees, because...

Shadowed Crypt-Halls

The discription of the Crypt-Halls mentions music and screams! That sounds like if a Banshee goes anywhere, it will be here.

The Clot

Much like the Gheistgale, the discription of this location seems to hint towards another Death army. "Carrion Horrors" sounds like Flesh Eater Courts.

These make sense. The Grymmwatch models are very characterful and I would love to see them be usable.  So would the Thorns of the Briar Queen and the Myrrmourn Banshees. 

1 hour ago, Chikrit said:

Being curious, as this will probably be my first Warhammer Quest game, I have a question. All miniatures from the expansions of Blackstone Fortress where new? or reused from normal kits?

They were all new.

Not that that's necessarily a guarantee that the same will happen with this. With Blackstone Fortress they announced before release that there would be post-release updates and expansions which, to my knowledge, they haven't done so far with Cursed City.  Fingers crossed though.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2021 at 3:03 AM, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Right now, we have:

The Gheistgale

Shadowed Crypt-Halls

The Clot

Hangman's Copse

Sylvaneth and bats are mentioned. I would love to see what undead sylvaneth look like, that's for sure. A bat-themed expansion does not sounds super exciting.

Ven Alten Skydocks

There is a connection here both to the Kharadron Overlords and the Ven Alten family. I would love to see a KO ghost ship.

I think it's also worth noting that some of the heroes have explicit connections to certain villains, but others don't. That could also hint at future expansions, although we are probably getting new heroes in those as well.

These are excellent predictions, and if I may I'd like to offer my own twists on it.

Gheistgale: I'm think "armored" ghosts cause they mention that it's a gate within the city.

Crypt-Halls: Demented Flesh Eater musicians or banshees. My personal hope is a bunch of skeletons playing ragtime jazz/blues, why? cause it's a fun image.

The Clot: Flesh Eaters again, this time as undead beasts that are considered "Noble Steeds", maybe some kind of crocodile?

Hangman's Copse: death corrupted Sylvaneth that lean into the haunted forests look better than the dreadwood.

Skydocks: Undead dwarves and a ghost ship or two would be awesome.

In terms of player character expansions, here is a wish list

1: Undead character, could be a vampire, necromancer, skeleton, nighthaunt, Bonereaper, fleshgolem, or any other macabre character

2. Destruction Character, could be anything ( I have a bias, sue me)

3. Chaos character, hopefully something on the more subtle end like the skaven or Warcry warbands (Unmade are from Shyish afterall)

4. Something completely different, Golemkind, Silent People, Zoat, or something completely new

11 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Crypt-Halls: Demented Flesh Eater musicians or banshees. My personal hope is a bunch of skeletons playing ragtime jazz/blues, why? cause it's a fun image.

Skeleton Dance Color Version - YouTube

*dooting intensifies*

As a side note, I want to mention how much I love that the instrument of choice for skeleton troops in Warhammer is the horn.

8 hours ago, Grim Beasties said:

In terms of player character expansions, here is a wish list

1: Undead character, could be a vampire, necromancer, skeleton, nighthaunt, Bonereaper, fleshgolem, or any other macabre character

2. Destruction Character, could be anything ( I have a bias, sue me)

3. Chaos character, hopefully something on the more subtle end like the skaven or Warcry warbands (Unmade are from Shyish afterall)

4. Something completely different, Golemkind, Silent People, Zoat, or something completely new

I think we may be able to find some of the future expansion characters in rumour engines, be it good guys or bad guys. The game has been in development long enough:

Spoiler

Some kind of Destruction character?

2020-04-07.jpg

FEC expansion?

2020-05-05.jpg2020-05-12.jpg

Birbs:

2020-09-29.jpg2021-02-16.jpg

Can't have an AoS game without Stormcast:

2020-11-10.jpg

More Nighthaunt or Deadwalkers?

2020-12-10.jpg2020-12-09.jpg

Mounted Death stuff, probably Gravelords and not Cursed City:

2020-12-17.png2020-12-23.png

Duellist guy:

2020-12-21.png

F E N C E:

2020-12-20.png

Big bat or gargoyle (Hangman's Coppse?):

2020-12-22.png

The Hound of Ulfenkarn:

2021-01-19.jpg

Whatever this is:

2020-10-27.jpg2020-11-03.jpg2020-11-17.jpg2021-02-09.jpg

Of all those images, I think the duellist's dagger and Stormcast stuff are the most likely to be new player characters.

I think the eyeless vulture is fairly likely to be Cursed City related, the other vulture not so much.

I would not be surprised if the bone flute and pitted sword were part of an FEC expansion. The stocks with a hand nailed to it also seem like they could be for Cursed City. As does the giant bat/gargoyle. I think that creature's foot on the grimey ruin also seems fairly plausible as a Cursed City thing.

I believe the tattered banner and coat with scale armour look more like a Gravelords unit. Maybe updated Black Knights?

The ramshackle weapons look like they could be Death related, but I am leaning towards Destruction.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

They were all new.

Not that that's necessarily a guarantee that the same will happen with this. With Blackstone Fortress they announced before release that there would be post-release updates and expansions which, to my knowledge, they haven't done so far with Cursed City.  Fingers crossed though.

Slight correction - they did do one expansion with existing minis (the Nurgle one). But otherwise all brand new. I'm hoping the support for this game follows the same trajectory! 

30 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Slight correction - they did do one expansion with existing minis (the Nurgle one). But otherwise all brand new. I'm hoping the support for this game follows the same trajectory! 

Didn't even know about that one. Not feeling like I missed out on anything though.

Existing models is a cost-efficient way of getting expansions through but I'm hoping for new stuff too. Although if they follow the Silver Tower pattern of releasing plenty of rules for existing hero models then I would enjoy that.

3 hours ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Didn't even know about that one. Not feeling like I missed out on anything though.

Existing models is a cost-efficient way of getting expansions through but I'm hoping for new stuff too. Although if they follow the Silver Tower pattern of releasing plenty of rules for existing hero models then I would enjoy that.

Yeah it really came and went - it's weirdly hard to get hold of these days I think. Which is one thing I worry a bit about with Cursed City - there was a lot of FOMO with BSF because expansions seemed to only get very limited runs. I don't like feeling pressured to have to keep up or miss out forever. 

13 hours ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

I have zero interest in expansions that use existing models, especially if I already have the models and have to buy the set again just to get cards/rules etc.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...