AoS 2 - Legion of the First Prince Discussion (Belakor)

Duke of Gisoreux

6 hours ago, Mystischer said:

Why the harbringer or just for the heros to buff?

To give Archaon a 5+ After save.
This will give him a 3+ armour save, a 5+ Harbringer save and if within range of the General; a 5+ Allegiance save (otherwise a 6+ save). Put him near some Mystical Terrain for an extra 6+ save and Mystic Shield for some additional durability while he pops out Pink Horrors just over 50% of the time that can walk after they are summoned (until the FAQ of course Im sure...).

Thoughts on this list?

Allegiance: Legion of Chaos Ascendant
- Host of Chaos: Legion of the First Prince
Verminlord Corruptor (280)
- General
- Command Trait: Ruinous Aura
- Artefact: Fourfold Blade
- Spell: Bolt of Ruin
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- Sinistrous Hand
- Spell: Echo of Hatred
Gaunt Summoner on Disc of Tzeentch (260)
- Spell: Spirit Gouge
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
3 x Flamers of Tzeentch (120)
1 x Exalted Flamers of Tzeentch (100)
Emerald Lifeswarm (50)
Prismatic Palisade (30)

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 11:07 AM, Aelford said:

Thoughts on this list?

- General
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- Sinistrous Hand
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
Emerald Lifeswarm (50)
Prismatic Palisade (30)

Maybe I´d drop Keeper of Secrets for a Great Unclean One with bell and the Command Trait that increases the army´s feel no pain rolls. Make him your General so that Verminlord can go hunting without risking your general. In addition, the GUO – if given the blade – is better at spell slinging.

It also frees 20 points, meaning you could drop the endless spells for a second Exalted Flamer OR you could reorganise your endless spells (note that Gaunt Summoner is able to cast Daemonrift).

Sweet! That's good news. Here's the list I'm assembling as of right now. 2 drops. Maximum command points. A good number of wounds. Very importantly, makes use of my unused models and should be nice and easy to paint!

I toyed with the idea of Skull Cannons, but I feel like you just don't get enough shots for your points, and there's no way to really buff them.

I considered a Thirster and 3x6 Crushers but the faction doesn't make Thirsters as scary as in Khorne, just a tiny bit more durable...

I also thought about a Gaunt Summoner, but then the Bloodcrushers have to go to 2x6 and 2x3 just to fill the battalion properly, and I like the big d3-per-model MW charges and capacity to cop a bit of shooting before losing that. I foresee lots of super janky lists with cloned Summoners and a billion summoned Horrors though... Hope this allegiance doesn't ruin the game in that respect.

Mortal Realm: Hysh
Be'Lakor (240)
- General
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch
- Artefact: Lens of Refraction
10 x Bloodletters (110)
10 x Bloodletters (110)
10 x Bloodletters (110)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
Host of Rage (160)
Extra Command Point (50)
Suffocating Gravetide (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Wounds: 149

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

7 hours ago, Roark said:

Sweet! That's good news. Here's the list I'm assembling as of right now. 2 drops. Maximum command points. A good number of wounds. Very importantly, makes use of my unused models and should be nice and easy to paint!

I toyed with the idea of Skull Cannons, but I feel like you just don't get enough shots for your points, and there's no way to really buff them.

I considered a Thirster and 3x6 Crushers but the faction doesn't make Thirsters as scary as in Khorne, just a tiny bit more durable...

I also thought about a Gaunt Summoner, but then the Bloodcrushers have to go to 2x6 and 2x3 just to fill the battalion properly, and I like the big d3-per-model MW charges and capacity to cop a bit of shooting before losing that. I foresee lots of super janky lists with cloned Summoners and a billion summoned Horrors though... Hope this allegiance doesn't ruin the game in that respect.

Mortal Realm: Hysh
Be'Lakor (240)
- General
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch
- Artefact: Lens of Refraction
10 x Bloodletters (110)
10 x Bloodletters (110)
10 x Bloodletters (110)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
Host of Rage (160)
Extra Command Point (50)
Suffocating Gravetide (20)

Wounds: 149

I worked out something similar but went 6/6/6/3/3 for the crushers and ditched the command point and a bloodmaster for the changeling...

Not as janky as a summoner but has his own annoying tricks in a pinch

• Like 1

1 hour ago, backslide said:

6/6/6/3/3... ditched the command point...

That's a good trade for getting some Horrors running around in the enemy's backfield. Given that Unyielding Legions and Arch-deceiver both occur "at the end of your movement phase", can you simply do one after the other in Turn 1?

Also, which Endless Spell did you spend your 30pt spare change on?

• Like 1

Had my first game with LoCA last night.  I was running my list from the last page with the exception of swapping the skull cannon out for 3 bloodcrushers.

I was Vs bloodgullet mawtribes .

3 places of power, and I'd killed all of his heroes by the top of turn 3 securing and easy win on VPS.

Basic thoughts: I can't see myself casting soulsnare shackles and warp lightning vortex. Might swap shackles out for something else. (I have 30 points for triumph atm)

The corruptor with four-fold blade is amazing. He killed a unit of mournfang with just mortals, and then smashed into a butcher and did 21+ wounds. 

30 plaguebearers take a really long time to die, even if you don't keep the general nearby.

I was super surprised by the contorted epitome. It has 11 attacks at 3/3 with rend. 

The khorne deamonprince command ability kept the tyrant and ironguts from slamming into me, and reduced the impact hits I took. We'll worth the CP.

Loving the list atm. I know that commiting to a single god plus belakor is probably better, as is gaunt summoner plus pink horror summoning. But I'll play with what I've got until I can drop the money on a unit of horrors.

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 hours ago, Olmdebil said:

Any idea why I can't build an list in warscroll builder? (didn't let me choose spells for example] is it just bugged? 

Works fine for me. Did you pick Legion of Chaos Ascendant for both your allegiance and unit selection field?

On 2/25/2020 at 10:07 AM, Aelford said:

Thoughts on this list?

- General
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- Sinistrous Hand
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
Emerald Lifeswarm (50)
Prismatic Palisade (30)

I would swap the Keeper for a Verminlord Deceiver and take the Daemonrift Endless Spell on the Gaunt Summoner

Edited by Russ
Wrong information

• 2 weeks later...

As soon as we get out of lockdown I'm gonna finish my crushers and horrors so I can run this...

Mortal Realm: Ghur
Be'Lakor (240)
- General
- Spell: Bolt of Ruin
Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (240)
- Spell: Echo of Hatred
The Contorted Epitome (200)
- Artefact: Fourfold Blade
- Spell: Spirit Gouge
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 142

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Hello

I have a little question:
Can an army of the legion of chaos ascendant take endless spells from the different Chaos battletomes?
For example if I have a wizard of Tzeentch, can I take the endlees spells from the disciple of Tzeentch battletome?

16 hours ago, nazgrim said:

Hello

I have a little question:
Can an army of the legion of chaos ascendant take endless spells from the different Chaos battletomes?
For example if I have a wizard of Tzeentch, can I take the endlees spells from the disciple of Tzeentch battletome?

I think you can but they would be the only one who could cast them.

On another note played the new seraphon endless spell list yesterday and while we didn't quite finish I was impressed by the resilience of the list against shooting and magic. I also can see with all the summoning of sticky units (horrors/plaguebearers) how you can eek victories out against even the toughest lists. 

This might be my allegiance morning forward, great fun.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 7:00 PM, Blisterfeet said:

On another note played the new seraphon endless spell list yesterday and while we didn't quite finish I was impressed by the resilience of the list against shooting and magic. I also can see with all the summoning of sticky units (horrors/plaguebearers) how you can eek victories out against even the toughest lists. 

This might be my allegiance morning forward, great fun.

Pleased to hear it I have a bit to finish before I can put these on the table the way I want but that will have to wait till after the lockdown 

52 minutes ago, backslide said:

Pleased to hear it I have a bit to finish before I can put these on the table the way I want but that will have to wait till after the lockdown 

It's a head scratcher of an army as you have these precision tools to do specific jobs and your opponent generally knows what you are attempting to do when you jam a KoS, BT, VLC and Fateskimer. 

It's about bogging down the right parts of the board and clearing a hole to their key peices. And then figuring out when that isnt going to work and just going for horrors and plaguebearers to scrape over the line. It's not always pretty but an effective allegiance. 

Hope to hear other people's experiences when they hit the real tabletops rather than TTS 

Well since we are playing theory hammer I have an amusing thought for a mosty nurgle list...

Mortal Realm: Ghur
Be'Lakor (240)
- General
Spoilpox Scrivener Herald of Nurgle (90)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
3 x Plague Drones (200)
3 x Plague Drones (200)
3 x Plague Drones (200)
3 x Plague Drones (200)
Host of Corruption (180)
Extra Command Point (50)

Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 115

I think those plauge drones are going to be very hard to shift... and they will come back

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Sralo said:

What have people found to be our  best hammer units?
While bloodcrushers seem to be strong, but I've found  they are fragile when not using first prince/heal cmd ability. They are also to dependent on a charge. 

Gaunt summoner (3 of them mean u will up with 30 horrors +more 10 for each 5+ on each summoner),bloodcrushers,drone,fiend basically all units with 3-4 wound can be re-summoned again with cp ability