Preference for More Heroes on Foot

1 hour ago, 123lac said:

Khorne Bloodbound would be perfect for you. Heaps of heroes on foot!

Agreed they are one of the bigger exceptions. They have so many actually it almost begs the question why so many other armies don't get similar treatment. Nighthaunt as well is a newer army that came with a healthy number of normal sized heroes.

I first got into the hobby around 15 years ago with LoTR so that is probably the root of my preferences. I loved the gameplay of that format as well.

Edited by Nighthaunt Noob

2 hours ago, Fairbanks said:

I love heroes on foot and wish I had more for every one of my armies.

But $25 is a rip-off for a clam-pack.

The only way I get them is in the Battleforce/SC Bundles that provide something else worthwhile.

General on griffin is supplied with an additional general on foot and battlemage, if you wish to do Freeguild. The spare heads can help you convert three horses to demis as well.

I miss both. I miss Dreadlord, Archaon, and a few others on foot and miss Thorgrim on Throne (read: centerpiece model) and the likes of him that can catch your eye on the table. 

It probably would break a few things but given that the monsters already have a wound table making it weaker, I'd freaking love an opportunity to jump off of my dead "mount" and charge into a melee avenging it's death.

As a Moonclan grot, all of the heroes I currently own are on foot. 2 Loonbosses, 4 Madcap Shamans, 2 Fungoid Shamans, and Zarbag. Don't want a Mangler yet, and I am still waiting for the Loonboss riding Great Cave Squig to release properly. At this rate I will need to convert some sort of Squig chariot to take the place of a mounted Loonboss.

21 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

General on griffin is supplied with an additional general on foot and battlemage, if you wish to do Freeguild. The spare heads can help you convert three horses to demis as well.

Daughters has the Cauldron which has roughly four other heroes/behemoths

Fyreslayers SC has three heroes in it (two are not built on the Magmadroth)

The Carnosaur kit builds a hero or two.

The Screaming Bell/Plague Furnace (In Skaven Pestilens SC) has a Grey Seer/Plague Priest you can additionally build from the kit

But my point was that there are so many other individual models that I don't collect (And I collect a lot of every army), because of the price tag.

1 hour ago, Fairbanks said:

Daughters has the Cauldron which has roughly four other heroes/behemoths

Fyreslayers SC has three heroes in it (two are not built on the Magmadroth)

The Carnosaur kit builds a hero or two.

The Screaming Bell/Plague Furnace (In Skaven Pestilens SC) has a Grey Seer/Plague Priest you can additionally build from the kit

But my point was that there are so many other individual models that I don't collect (And I collect a lot of every army), because of the price tag.

I myself want the Darkoath Warqueen, but don't think it's worth €25, but I do like my General on Griffin at €44.

I need to de-grey a lot of plastic before I get more than a few underworld bands though.

House ruling the death of mounts should be easy enougu. Warscrolls already make it clear which attack comes from the mount, and movement rates are fairly standard across the game. All you really need to do is specify how the wounds are split between rider and mount (eg, horse has one, rider two). Roll randomly to see who takes each wound, and swap out the models if one or other dies. For monstrous mounts they could even go wild if their rider is killed. That could be cool!