Pure Greenskinz Army?

DeGriggs

It would be bizarre if they never got one (since Ironjawz are defined by their difference from regular Greenskinz), but I wouldn't count on it being soon. Destruction have had plenty of love (3 Battletomes compared to 1 for Death and 3 for Chaos - Pestilens are junk and Everchosen are barely viable at 2,000 points).

I would love to be able to buff my Rogue Idol.

I run a fun Orruk greenskinz list.

Here is 1000pts

Orruk Boss on Wyvern 240pts

Orruk Shaman on Boar 140pts

20 orruk Choppa boyz w shield 200pts

10 orruk boyz w spear and shield 100pts

10 arrer boyz 100pts

5 orruk boar boyz w spear and shield 100pts

Greenskinz warscroll batallion 100pts (Big Waaagh!: 9" reach, +2 attacks. Whole army can run and charge, run and shoot.

it is probably not a great competitive list in slashing and hacking but it has done pretty well in objective missions due to some small orc squads and them being really fast.

LEADERS
Orruk Warboss (140)
Orruk Great Shaman (140)
Gordrakk The Fist of Gork (700)
Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)
Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)
UNITS
Orruks x 30 (300)
Orruks x 30 (300)
Orruks x 10 (100)
Orruk Boarboys x 5 (100)
BATTALIONS
Greenskinz BigMob (100)
WOUNDS: 114 TOTAL POINTS: 2000 / 2000

The army list have many orruk combo ,re roll wound , + 1 attack very fast movement with destruction ability and battalion ability.

And 2 amazing One x game ability

I think that normale orruk take a lot of buff and became very dangerous 2 xgame have +1/2 attack and the goddraks abity have effect on the whole battalion

The orruk warboss with banner

Pure greenskinz ideas might be 

warboss on boar 140

great shaman 140

3 x 30 boyz (shields preferred) 900

3 chariots as one unit 240

greenskinz big mob 60 

rogue idol of gork (or possibly mork) 480 

=1960

warboss can be given the banner too for reroll 1s to wound 

the 3 blocks advance to objectives keeping a solid line so that the enemy faces a sea of green. Boss inspiring presence a unit shaman shields idol, chariots or block if they are going to be charged. Essentially the idol and chariots pick a flank and work their way down the line while the boyz pin the enemy and hopefully hold objectives 

its not the most competitive list for a all comers but will give a few armies a bloody nose and broken head as most of those boyz initially are going to be on 3a each all with rend and rerolling saves in combat. Chariots are quite tanky and also can do mortals on the charge. 

And it's proppa greenskinz only and is a two drop army too boot! 

I've done one at 1000 pts: 10x arrow boyz, 5x boars, 1x WB w/ shield, 1x Shaman and 1x Rogue Idol. Honestly, in order for the faction to keep up with the powerhouses that are coming around, you need that rogue idol. It's the only thing that did its worth in point value (by dealing 10 wounds to the Sylvaneth bug lady in a turn, allowing another player to finish her off quite easily next one - it also took out a unit of 10 saurus knights in a single turn, killing 9 and making the last flee).

Welcome! :)

I really suggest the Greenskinz warscroll battalion. The fact that you can run and charge make a big difference when trying to get the boyz into combat. Also, I suggest spears and shield on units you want to run 20+ because getting all the boyz with choppas (1" range) into valid range to hit is very tricky with 32mm bases. So spears and shields are the way to go.

8 hours ago, Lysandestolpe said:

I really suggest the Greenskinz warscroll battalion. The fact that you can run and charge make a big difference when trying to get the boyz into combat. Also, I suggest spears and shield on units you want to run 20+ because getting all the boyz with choppas (1" range) into valid range to hit is very tricky with 32mm bases. So spears and shields are the way to go.

The run and charge battalion warscroll ability is wasted on a destruction-allied army.  The fewer drops and "big waaagh" would be the only benefits.  Not sure at 40 points, though.

1 hour ago, roberto said:

The run and charge battalion warscroll ability is wasted on a destruction-allied army.  The fewer drops and "big waaagh" would be the only benefits.  Not sure at 40 points, though.

Why is it wasted? A battalion doesn't exclude you from using the main faction allegiance abilities... 

21 minutes ago, DeGriggs said:

Why is it wasted? A battalion doesn't exclude you from using the main faction allegiance abilities... 

Rampaging Destroyers does not allow a subsequent run move, so the ability to run and charge seems pointless.

17 minutes ago, Dez said:

It doesn't allow you to run in the HERO phase in addition to Rampaging Destroyer. You can run during your normal movement phase.

Thanks for the clarification.  It seems odd to me that the "can not run" statement appears at all, when moves d6 is sufficient.  Anyhoo, that makes a huge difference.  Thanks

29 minutes ago, Dez said:

It's weird wording for sure!

Not really, the wording is there because the ability says you can move in your hero phase, and the rules for moving, specifically have an option to run when you're moving.

11 hours ago, Lysandestolpe said:

Second (or third??) the Battallion, Moving 2d6 + 4" and being able to charge helps you get into combat that much sooner.

Disagree with Spears, the Choppas hit harder, and tend to make all the difference. Spears sound nice in theory, but you really have to be fielding 20 to 30 odd boyz to be able to get enough close in to make the difference.

Just wanted to thank everyone and give an update: I put a call out for some more Orruks from my local guys. Well I now have enough to run the battalion.... And about 120 various moonclan grots, which will make a great meat shield. I'm still running mainly greenskinz!

12 hours ago, Lucio said:

Disagree with Spears, the Choppas hit harder, and tend to make all the difference. Spears sound nice in theory, but you really have to be fielding 20 to 30 odd boyz to be able to get enough close in to make the difference.

That's what I just said. If running 20+ orruks, my experience is that it is much harder to fiddle the range on choppas to get the attacks in than with spears, as the spears can have two ranks with 32mm (slightly over 1"). I agree completely that choppas are always better choice, except when it comes to big squads with less space to move them into combat.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I've found over the course of a few games is that 20 boyz isn't ideal. Getting just one boy sniped in the shooting phase nixes the Mob Rule bonus. Even when I was able to get them into combat without casualties, the first wound halved their offensive output. Mobs of 30 to provide a casualty cushion are the way to go.

Also +1 on the Bigmob battalion. When paired with the Destruction ability, it makes them almost obscenely fast and, if your opponent takes first turn, a round-1 charge is pretty doable.

Sent from my HTCD100LVW using Tapatalk

I'm also working on a Greenskins only army (or maybe mainly, eventually hoping to have a large destruction army that can be split into different lists).

Question about the Grennskins Big Mob - in the GHB its under the compendium warscrolls and is listed as 100 points, but in this thread people have it at 60. Where do you see it for 60 points?

On 31/8/2016 at 3:19 PM, awkd said:

I'm also working on a Greenskins only army (or maybe mainly, eventually hoping to have a large destruction army that can be split into different lists).

Question about the Grennskins Big Mob - in the GHB its under the compendium warscrolls and is listed as 100 points, but in this thread people have it at 60. Where do you see it for 60 points?

Exactly. This. Where? 

Archived