Iron Horde

Vissah

Hi everyone,

New to Age of Sigmar but not to Warhammer. Been playing Fantasy and 40K for years but after selling my Fantasy Chaos Warriors and 40K just not doing it anymore for me I decided to start building a small AoS army for fun and some games every now and then. 

I just love the models and I always been a Chaos player and I decided to start with the Bloodbound. Not wanting to do the same red, gold scheme that you always see I decided to go with the Iron Horde for a different touch. 

Anyway he is not completely finished yet, boots need highlights and I think the base needs a little piece of grass to brake up the colour, some advice on that would be appreciated. Also the blood on the base is doubting me so some advice on the would also be appreciated.

More will come but not at a fast pace because we all now we need to do more in life then just paint models.

image.jpeg

Good start! The metallics are painting up very nicely, which is good news considering your army's theme. The blood on the base is not to my taste, from this photo it does not look convincing. The base could definitely do with a little grass - maybe some of GW's mordheim turf or a couple of small clumps of static grass, a few tiny rocks or something could help too, even a skull - it's quite a large base so it needs something to break it up.

In terms of other c&c - the skin could do with another highlight - if you're comfortable with doing it, same with the bone areas - it might just be the picture but the skull hanging looks to need tidying below the left eye-socket too. 

Thanks for your advice Mirbeau.

I am thinking of redoing the base and paint the small rocks grey to break up the color. Also the blood on the base is concerning me so I will not do that anymore.

I got a base with a skull on it but I don't want to overdo the bases if you know what I mean.

I echo that the blood looks good on the model - a nice contrast from the metal armour. You could also experiment with blood splatter on some other parts of the model by literally blowing or flicking spray off the brush, but I wouldn't go overboard unless that's a consistent approach across the whole army. You might want to consider painting the rim of the base to match the desert theme, but that's more of a personal preference than a critique. 

I seen that brush flicking technic I might give it a try. 

The rim of the base is something I am still doubting about. I like the cohesive look of the base when it is the same color but the black gives it a more darker and sinister feel. 

I really like the scheme, beautiful! Agree with MasterM and should try to improve the blood /gore effect on the weapon, the blood effect made by gw is really good for me and mixed with brown and black can create more tone/shade.

For the grass i would only use a burn grass or something alike, no green! Or no grass at all, it's not bad simply like now!

8 hours ago, Ansuz said:

The bronze touches on the two newly painted Blood warriors look great. Maybe you should consider adding a bit to the other one.

Thanks. I know the first one is a bit same on color but it does not have a stand out part to paint bronze sadly enough.

I can go for the skull on his left shoulder of course. 

Go for it!

I am all for simple and effective colour schemes. You can even do it with red and gold. 

I just paint it all in base colours and give it a black wash, brown also works, and after that a small highlight if you want and your done. 

Simple, fast and it looks good on the table.

Archived