Our clubs 'Unbeatable' list...

TheKingInYellow

Looking for advice on taking this Slaanesh beastman list down.  We are a very friendly group so when a hard list like this hits, we all like to take a crack at it and see what works, and this list is unbeaten against all comers:

Heroes - KoSecrets (Thrill-seeker, Ghyrstrike, Ritual Knife, Hysterical Frenzy), 2 x Great Bray Shaman, Beastlord, Bladebringer (Cameo of the Dark Prince)

Battleline - 4 x 10 Gors

Other - 2 x 30 Bestigors

Warscroll Battalion - Depraved Drove

It's a simple list at it's core, screen with Gors, stack up depravity points, hit with the Bestigors and summon more KoS.  It's simple, fast, hits like a ton of bricks, well screened and depravity points build faster than you can imagine. 

Thoughts?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheKingInYellow said:

Looking for advice on taking this Slaanesh beastman list down.  We are a very friendly group so when a hard list like this hits, we all like to take a crack at it and see what works, and this list is unbeaten against all comers:

Heroes - KoSecrets (Thrill-seeker, Ghyrstrike, Ritual Knife, Hysterical Frenzy), 2 x Great Bray Shaman, Beastlord, Bladebringer (Cameo of the Dark Prince)

Battleline - 4 x 10 Gors

Other - 2 x 30 Bestigors

Warscroll Battalion - Depraved Drove

It's a simple list at it's core, screen with Gors, stack up depravity points, hit with the Bestigors and summon more KoS.  It's simple, fast, hits like a ton of bricks, well screened and depravity points build faster than you can imagine. 

Thoughts?

Has anyone brought a horde (mostly 1 wound models) or a ranged (shooting of Magic) list against it?

• Thanks 1

Yup, the issue is against a horde he just feeds it the screens until he has enough DPoints to bring in a second and/or third KoS.  It might work if the list lacked mobility but it doesn't.

Someone is going to try 9 Longstrikes against it this week.  Ranged rend/mortals is our best guess so far but the same issue with speed is there, he can close with your shooters very quickly and any list that has heavy ranged rend or mortals tends to lack the points to screen 60 bestigors effectively.

I thought I'd pipe in as it's my list

First I also have the wildfire taurus in there

Depending on the mission I might screen with gors, have the bestigors and heroes right behind to jump in as the next wave.

or

if I decide to go first I'll have my bestigor run up first turn to demolish any sreen. 3 attacks each with exploding 6s on bestigor is bonkers.

Depravity doesn't factor much into the army until turn 4. At that point my bestigors should be gone at which point I'll start summoning whatever I have in my tickle trunk.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried Cities against them?

With lots of crossbowmen or darkshards, chaff goes down very quickly, and there are also tools to deal with single entities. 

Ranged rend can be produced by Irondrakes with buff, Kharadron in TE or Anvilgard to completely bypass it, or Greywater with artillery.

As I understand it, lots of 1 wound models don't stack up depravity very well.

On 10/8/2019 at 4:39 PM, TheKingInYellow said:

Yup, the issue is against a horde he just feeds it the screens until he has enough DPoints to bring in a second and/or third KoS.  It might work if the list lacked mobility but it doesn't.

I might be wrong but losing 1-wound models does not generate any depravity points.

you basically shoot his heroes and he has lost?

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

Killing the keeper seems strong. They can be resummoned, but it won't be immediate, especially if you are playing a 1w army.

The bestigors following it up are also strong, but at least they won't be fighting twice without it and the strike last won't be nearly as reliable.

Something with a t1 shooting based alpha strike and a good number of screens should do ok. Has to be ok getting first or 2nd turn though as the battalion gives it pretty low drops. 

Some ideas:

changehost tzeentch with gaunt summoner- flamer spell for the hoards, good shooting, endless screens. Magic down the characters.

Cities of sigmar: lots of ways to get good shooting dmg turn 1, screens and deploy shenanigans to protect them.

Bonereapers: I'll bet 40 mortek guard in petrifex would grind through those bestigors. they don't  mind fighting last too much. Catapults go 1 shot the little wizards and then whittle down the keeper

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:39 AM, TheKingInYellow said:

I'm not completely up to date on Slaanesh but how exactly is he generating enough DP to summon Keepers with Horde vs Screen battles? 1 wound models do not generate depravity.