AoS 2 - Living City Discussion

AthelLoren

Endrinriggers can be taken as allies following the usual rules (400pt or less in a 2000pt game). They won't benefit from living cities rules as they dont get the living cities rule. Every city (except Har Kuron) can take 1 in 4 of their units from the stormcast army (so that's how he got the dragon).

I think I covered everything.

• Like 1

Hi all, first post in the Living City discussion and partially relevant for the Fulminators discussion.

Disclaimer: this is a purely anecdotal and personal experience. Also, it was my first time playing Living City (and Cities of Sigmar in general).

This Saturday I took this list to a TTS even (Hammertime 7, very much competitive oriented):

Spoiler

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
- City: Living City
Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Knight-Heraldor (100)
- City Role: General's Adjutant
Anointed (100)
- General
- Command Trait: Ironoak Artisan
Celestial Hurricanum with Celestial Battlemage (280)
- Artefact: Everspring Diadem
- Lore of Leaves: Cage of Thorns

Battleline
20 x Phoenix Guard (320)
- City Role: Honoured Retinue (Must be 5-20 models)
10 x Phoenix Guard (160)
10 x Ironbreakers (110)

Units
9 x Khainite Shadowstalkers (100)
- Allies
4 x Fulminators (440)
20 x Sisters of the Watch (320)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 100 / 400
Wounds: 110

The list performed way above my expectations. I ended up going 3-0 and 6th place.

Games went like this (big block of text follows, apologies for that, hope this is interesting to some)

Spoiler

-Hurricanum + Sisters and Heraldor + Fulminators always started in reserve

1) Kharadron Overlords (without spell ina bottle, luckily) in Starstrike: I let my opponent go first with all my units in cover. She killed my Shadowstalkers and the 10-men unit of phenix guard, dividing her force in two. I brought in the Sisters+Hurricanum on one side, oneshotting a Frigate, and the Fumlinators + Heraldor on the other, killing 3 endrinriggers with the MWs but failing to kill the Endrinmaster on a charge. This was a big letdown from the Fulminators but their tankiness helped enormously against the following shooting and thanks to the Heraldor they managed to pull off 2 more charges before being ultimately killed. In the meantime the sisters had cleared their side and objectives had fallen either on that side or in the middle. My opponent was running out of bodies and I could cap objectives long enough with the 20 phenix guards (since she had to focus my hammers) to guarantee a win.

2) Idoneth Deepkin (eels like in the old days + a turtle) in Blood and Glory. This was the hardest of the games. We both had our hammers in reserve and I was protecting my 2 objectives with irondrakes, phenix guards and shadowstalkers. My opponent went in the bottom of t2 hoping for a double turn, but didn't manage to dislodge enough of the 20 phenix guards to gain the objective. I won priority which was big (still, I had 60% chance so I decided to take the bet not attacking in t2). I brough in my two blocks and both used the shoot + move signature trick to cap the objectives and kill the minimum required amount of enemies. No real occasion to assess the Fulminators performance (they killed... 3 aetherwings :D )

3) Disciples of Tzeentch (Archaon + Kairos in Host Arcanum) in Total Conquest. My opponent took first turn, tried to snipe the Anointed with Kairos (but the 4+ shrug and 4+ FNP meant he only sufferd 2 wounds) then supercharged Archaon and shot it at my lines. He killed 12 phenix guards (ouch). I was not sure about the strategy: go all in on Archaon (better to burn than to fade away) or try as much as possible to avoid him. I went for the first, thinking that he was just to fast to avoid. The siters + turbocharged fulminators (bonus from the hurricanum, rr1 to hit, triumph to reroll wounds) finished the job and Archaon was dead in t1. The fulminators even tanked his fight on death only taking 1 wound. That was lucky :) Thanks to the heraldor the Fulminator got run and charge next turn clearing an objective from a unit of screamers. Unfortunately they were then focused by Kairos with mortal wounds and a big Darkfire demonrift and died without having much more of an impact. I still had enough bodies to cap objectives with the small unit of phenix guards and the ironbreakers (who were heroic in their stand against pink horrors and flamers, not allowing them to pile in on the objective or to shoot to the shadowstalkers who kept dancing around) and won for just two points on t5

Apart from being very happy with the result (my Living City list was the highest placed army after the usual suspects Seraphon, IDK etc), here's just a few takeaways:

- Fulminators: I mean, they killed Archaon and they will be greeted as heroes in the Sigmaron, so I feel bad in criticising them but they were quite hit and miss. Still, I would not know what to replace them with in this strategy. Their impact on the charge is swingy but can be devastating and they still get enough mobility to keep being useful / dangerous after coming in (see the reverse for the sisters below). I feel the inclusion of the Heraldor has been a good value multiplier but of course it comes at the expense of another support piece (like a runelord for the unbinding)

-Sisters of the Watch: magnificient glass cannons. Their output was consistent and reliable. Also, when fighting a melee army they are even difficult to shift if your opponent cannot get multiple charges off (and the first unit survives). They main weakness is that once they have come in, their mobility is limited so when I needed to deepstrike them in a "wrong" position (like in game 3, when I brought them in in my deployment) they spent the rest of the game trying to catch up with the action. On the other hand, when the action came to them (Starstrike) they were simply amazing, but died as soon as the Kharadron player could focus them. Long story short: they still feel overcosted in the present meta but they performed exactly as they should have

-Anointed on foot: little note on this. With a 3+ (potentially with cover), 4+, 4+, this guy offers battleshock immunity for the big phenix guard unit for a really cheap investment and is relatively durable. IF you don't have anyone else competing for the command trait (i.e. if you don't send a combat monster in deepstrike) it is worthy of consideration. Phenix guards remain amazing (duh) and it's almost sad how they eclipse all the alternatives.

• Like 5

Hello! While awaiting an update to my main army, I've been exploring Cities of Sigmar. I'm finding the following list to be both fun and rather competitive. I welcome your feedback, as I am interested in examining what seems most helpful, what could be refined, etc.

The concept is for the non-Order Serpentis units to move forward, taking center objectives and positioning for countercharges on the following turn. With their innate immunity to battleshock, the Hammerers are respectable threats to my opponent even prior to receiving buffs. The general's Honored Retinue is typically the target of  the Ironoak Skin and Pha's Protection spells, which if cast successfully mean that any attacks targeting that unit are penalized -1 to hit and -1 to wound. That unit, alongside the general and adjutant, move to take the center of the board, claiming an objective and hopefully positioning to potentially maximize the targets available for the Warden King's Ancestral Grudge command ability in following rounds. The Runelords each support a different unit of Hammerers, activating those units' Kingsguard ability; each of those teams are then used to secure my flanks, take backfield objectives, or otherwise complicating my opponent's rollout.

The Dreadlord on Black Dragon and two units of Drakespawn Chariots are held in reserve via the Hunters of the Hidden Paths rule, deploying first turn on my opponent's flank in position to charge the biggest threat. Each shoots with their respective Repeater Crossbows during the first shooting phase, so to become eligible for the Strike then Melt Away command ability. Depending on how many command points I have available, as many of those Order Serpentis units as possible then benefit from the Strike then Melt Away command ability to move within charge range of my opponent's biggest remaining threat. In the resulting alpha strike, unless my opponent has special rules in play from their faction to negate the following, the Chariots will do their Scythed Runners damage, the Dreadlord on Black Dragon will get its first strike attacks via Spear of the Hunt, and one of the Chariot units will resolve its attacks all before the charged unit can respond. This hopefully compels my opponent's attention while the Dispossessed units continue their own advance.

I look forward to your feedback and conversation!

Leaders
Runelord (90)
Runelord (90)
Warden King (100)
- General
- Command Trait: Druid of the Everspring - Ironoak Skin
Battlemage (110)
- Lore of Leaves: Lifesurge
- City Role: General's Adjutant
- Mortal Realm: Hysh
Dreadlord on Black Dragon (300)
- Lance of Spite & Repeater Crossbow
- Artefact: Spear of the Hunt

Battleline
20 x Hammerers (280)
- City Role: Honoured Retinue (Must be 5-20 models)
20 x Hammerers (280)
20 x Hammerers (280)

Units
3 x Drakespawn Chariots (210)
3 x Drakespawn Chariots (210)

Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 130

• Like 1

Btw, I guess I'll also show what is already painted in my army. It's all commisioned work, my perfectionism does not trust my painting skills here. Went for simple Living City colours at first, then done a bit of custom colours for Black (Green) Dragon. Now I'm thinking of painting my 3x Sisters of Thorn and Frost Phoenix in Amber/Autumn tones, make my army a bit dualistic. Also, I find Nomad Prince with war Pigeon quite funny.

Spoiler

hluD3UkVSgI.jpg?size=2560x1501&quality=9

F8CpFvzBBVg.jpg?size=2560x1920&quality=9

XAxjkXzuVp4.jpg?size=2560x1920&quality=9

KO1XtqaHt24.jpg?size=2560x1920&quality=9

SUCrB8rHDi4.jpg?size=2560x1920&quality=9

Edited by Zeblasky
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Popisdead said:

New Wanderer, the story behind him is pretty cool too.  Goes into detail about the lore and Sylvaneth.  Pretty cool that Wanderers got some love.

It's interesting though that in that article she was not called Wanderer even once, only Kurnothi.

Still, it's a good sigh that "Not Wood Elves" can return to AoS in force.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Zeblasky said:

It's interesting though that in that article she was not called Wanderer even once, only Kurnothi.

Still, it's a good sigh that "Not Wood Elves" can return to AoS in force.

Right true, she was aelvenkind, it is a  mixed bag until we find out.  The Kurnothi was only in the subject not the article.  I wonder if that was in error of there will be non-pan/centaur aelves coming for wood elves.  She sure fits the Sisters of the Watch Aesthetic as well as they Kurnothi one too.  for sure hope!!!

• Like 1

Hey, total noob to AoS and was hoping those with more experience could critique this list. Drycha and the concussors would utilize hidden paths. I wasn't sure if the shadow warriors should be swapped for sisters of the watch; if 2x5 sisters of the thorn was one unit too many, if I should try and squeeze in a knight azyor, etc. Thanks for the help!

LC.pdf

1 hour ago, chats said:

Hey, total noob to AoS and was hoping those with more experience could critique this list. Drycha and the concussors would utilize hidden paths. I wasn't sure if the shadow warriors should be swapped for sisters of the watch; if 2x5 sisters of the thorn was one unit too many, if I should try and squeeze in a knight azyor, etc. Thanks for the help!

LC.pdf 5.73 MB · 0 downloads

Sorry, ****** that up. List is:

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar - City: Living City

LEADERS

Nomad Prince (120) - General - Command Trait: Ironoak Artisan - Artefact: Spear of the Hunt

Sorceress (90) - City Role: General's Adjutant

Drycha Hamadreth (300) - Lore of Leaves: Cage of Thorns

UNITS

20 x Eternal Guard (260) - City Role: Honoured Retinue (Must be 5-20 models)

5 x Sisters of the Thorn (130) - Lore of Leaves: Ironoak Skin

5 x Sisters of the Thorn (130) - Lore of Leaves: Lifesurge

10 x Shadow Warriors (110)

3 x Kurnoth Hunters (190) - Greatswords

2 x Concussors (220)

2 x Concussors (220)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS

Emerald Lifeswarm (50)

Extra Command Point (50)

TOTAL: 1980/2000 WOUNDS: 115

On 2/14/2021 at 10:13 PM, chats said:
5 x Sisters of the Thorn (130) - Lore of Leaves: Ironoak Skin

5 x Sisters of the Thorn (130) - Lore of Leaves: Lifesurge

If you really like the Sisters of the Thorn go for it.  They are mobile, 10W caster (that heals naturally).  I'm not sure I would take two units if you haven't bought them consider that.  

ShadowWarriors are,.. okay.  for some bizarre reason people thought they were amazing when the book dropped then everyone realized they were,.. just okay.  I would drop one unit of SotT, and change the two units of Shadow Warriors to SotW which are significantly better..  The list is pretty good overall and looks fun and takes advantage of LC well.  

On 2/16/2021 at 1:13 PM, Popisdead said:

ShadowWarriors are,.. okay.  for some bizarre reason people thought they were amazing when the book dropped then everyone realized they were,.. just okay.  I would drop one unit of SotT, and change the two units of Shadow Warriors to SotW which are significantly better..  The list is pretty good overall and looks fun and takes advantage of LC well.  

Would a Knight Azyros be worth it with only 2x10 SoTW? Otherwise I was debating dropping the sorceress and replacing her with a Knight Incantor and taking everblaze comet

16 hours ago, chats said:

Would a Knight Azyros be worth it with only 2x10 SoTW? Otherwise I was debating dropping the sorceress and replacing her with a Knight Incantor and taking everblaze comet

There was chat and math previously in the thread.  I haven't used him myself but the maths and tactics shows he's a good addition for a few reasons.  Benefits lots of units, a tanky ish infantry hero, improves already good BS statistic.  

Would love to get some thoughts on this Wanderer-themed core.  Basic strategy is a death star bubble of Eternal Guard protected by the Luminark and Sisters of the Thorn that will run up and sit on an objective all game. With the Luminark buff, Pha's Protection, and Armor of the Thorns, the Eternal Guard are -1 to hit on a 2+ armor/6+ FNP that can bounce back wounds. With the horde discount, Eternal Guard are priced fairly at 11 points/model. Meanwhile the Nomad Prince and Sisters of the Watch ambush on one flank with +1 to hit from the Prince's command ability. Simultaneously, the Heraldor and Fulminators can ambush with the ability to retreat and charge. It's a basic strategy of one big anvil and two mobile hammers. I'm not going for top-tier competitive, but it seems fun!

Not sure what to spend the other 240 points on.

Nomad Prince (120)
- General
- Command Trait: Ironoak Artisan
Luminark of Hysh with White Battlemage (270)
- Artefact: Everspring Diadem
Knight-Heraldor (100)
30 x Eternal Guard (330)
20 x Sisters of the Watch (320)
5 x Sisters of the Thorn (130)
- Lore of Leaves: Cage of Thorns
4 x Fulminators (440)
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1760 / 2000
Wounds: 101

On 2/27/2021 at 10:04 AM, Stormlight said:

Would love to get some thoughts on this Wanderer-themed core.  Basic strategy is a death star bubble of Eternal Guard protected by the Luminark and Sisters of the Thorn that will run up and sit on an objective all game. With the Luminark buff, Pha's Protection, and Armor of the Thorns, the Eternal Guard are -1 to hit on a 2+ armor/6+ FNP that can bounce back wounds. With the horde discount, Eternal Guard are priced fairly at 11 points/model. Meanwhile the Nomad Prince and Sisters of the Watch ambush on one flank with +1 to hit from the Prince's command ability. Simultaneously, the Heraldor and Fulminators can ambush with the ability to retreat and charge. It's a basic strategy of one big anvil and two mobile hammers. I'm not going for top-tier competitive, but it seems fun!

Not sure what to spend the other 240 points on.

Nomad Prince (120)
- General
- Command Trait: Ironoak Artisan
Luminark of Hysh with White Battlemage (270)
- Artefact: Everspring Diadem
Knight-Heraldor (100)
30 x Eternal Guard (330)
- Lore of Leaves: Cage of Thorns
4 x Fulminators (440)
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1760 / 2000
Wounds: 101

My vote is for a Knight Azyros over a Heraldor. The herald is too slow to keep up with your fulminators so he's probably only gonna benefit them once. An Azyros on the other hand benefits every unit in your army with rerolls and is more mobile. Since his reroll is both melee and shooting and not confined to a particular phase that also means he benefits sisters shooting when they get charged which means he's almost always going to grant your powerful shooting unit reroll 1's at least twice making his points up automatically if you consider that rerollong 1's normally takes a CP which is worth 50 points. The Azyros also benefits every one of your other units as well.

Heraldor could be worth it on super dense tables with lots of terrain though. 

19 hours ago, The Red King said:

My vote is for a Knight Azyros over a Heraldor. The herald is too slow to keep up with your fulminators so he's probably only gonna benefit them once. An Azyros on the other hand benefits every unit in your army with rerolls and is more mobile. Since his reroll is both melee and shooting and not confined to a particular phase that also means he benefits sisters shooting when they get charged which means he's almost always going to grant your powerful shooting unit reroll 1's at least twice making his points up automatically if you consider that rerollong 1's normally takes a CP which is worth 50 points. The Azyros also benefits every one of your other units as well.

Heraldor could be worth it on super dense tables with lots of terrain though. 

I think you're right. Fulminators that can retreat and charge would be devastating in the right circumstances. However, an Azyros is more reliable and also frees up the Nomad Prince to start on the board if necessary. Thanks!

Hi all,

I’ve been pushing and pulling my list for living city around for ages, and would appreciate your input with where I am at the moment:

Leaders
Nomad Prince (120)
- General
- Command Trait: Druid of the Everspring - Lifesurge  
Anointed of Asuryan on Frostheart Phoenix (320)
- Artefact: Spear of the Hunt  
Knight-Azyros (100)

Battleline
20 x Eternal Guard (260)
- City Role: Honoured Retinue (Must be 5-20 models)

Units
3 x Scourgerunner Chariots (210)
4 x Fulminators (440)

Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Wounds: 110

One of the big issues I’ve found playing is mobility. With Durthu and Kurnoth hunters they may be able to come in using hidden paths but then struggle to keep up. Hence the faster list above.

Fulminators are the main alpha strike force, in conjunction with SotW and Azyros to clear the path/snipe key targets. 

SotT are the only wizard, which may be a problem... but are also fairly fast and can trigger the Phoenix. Needed for battle line.

Eternal guard with Nomad Prince go sit on an objective and tie that up, whilst the Phoenix ties up anywhere that needs tying up.

Scourgerunners are there because they’re cool, and also fast objective grabbers that can pepper them enemy, move, and get in the way if needed.

I have no adjutant and only one wizard, do you think these are enormous issues?

I don’t need to be super competitive but would like to win occasionally!

Thanks!

Just wanted to pop in and give a quick Bat Rep on my games vs Lumineth. This is the second time I beat Lumineth with a cities army. I am working on an all Aelf list but had to use 4 Concussors while I finish painting more Aelves.   Rough list at the bottom.

He out dropped me but decided to take first turn. He double moved dawnriders and alpha striked my Rangers on an objective killing about 18 of them. I swung back and killed 3 dawnriders and held on to the objective. Sentinels shot off 10 Sisters and a Tecnado did some damage to Eels.

On my turn I deepstriked 20 sisters on one side of the map and concussors with nomad prince on the other. Because his 2x CP cost spell was up, I couldn't do any of my shenanigans so I just had to work around it. Sisters distributed their shots and killed about 5 sentinels and 1 dawnrider. (-1 to hit and 5++ are rough!) and my Eels made a charge into 10 wardens and 10 sentinels. Killed most of the wardens and tied up the sentinels.  Concussors failed their charge. but killed several Dawnriders in his backfield with shooting.  Rangers cleaned up his last 2 dawnriders in my territory. 

He focused his surviving sentinels on my eels  and wiped them out and surprised me with a double move on Teclis to charge my weakened rangers. Elsewhere dawnriders charged my sisters but died to the man to overwatch shots. (he didn't have his -1 to hit or 5++ on the charge yay!).

On my turn, Concussors double moved (i finally had 2 CP) and combined with Sisters killed his last few sentinels and my Nomad Prince single handedly killed a the weakened dawnrider unit that was holding an objective lol. My 10 executioners failed a 4 inch charge into his wardens that were approaching my objective

I then scored the double turn and the executioners made their charge (on snake eyes no less, good thing I moved up 1 inch!) into wardens to clean them up. 

At this point he only had teclis left, but it was an extremely close game. It was scorched earth so we had both been aggressively burning objectives. However he rolled a bit worse than me on the d3 burns so I came out as the winner 20-17.

Noman Prince

Sorceress

30 Wyldwood Rangers

20 Sisters of the Watch

10 Sisters of the Watch

10 Executioners

6 Akhelian Morrsar Guard

4 Concussors

• Like 2

On 3/5/2021 at 6:12 AM, Soxall said:

Units
3 x Scourgerunner Chariots (210)

Do you think 3x1 Scourgerunners would be more tactically flexible?

On 3/9/2021 at 6:38 AM, Landohammer said:

Noman Prince

Sorceress

30 Wyldwood Rangers

Are you much happier with Rangers of Eternal Guard or is this a "i have these models"? I was painting another 10 Rangers to get them to 30.  I'm assuming they are also your Retinue?  Interesting bat rep, thanks.

16 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

Do you think 3x1 Scourgerunners would be more tactically flexible?

Are you much happier with Rangers of Eternal Guard or is this a "i have these models"? I was painting another 10 Rangers to get them to 30.  I'm assuming they are also your Retinue?  Interesting bat rep, thanks.

Thanks! These  rangers are models I rebased from warhammer fantasy. I absolutely love the models, and they do ok damage, but they are massively overcosted. 30 are probably worth 300-330 tops.

I only brought them to this game because they fit the theme of my list. I will 100% be replacing them with Eternal Guard and/or Blackguard as soon as I get mine painted. 

I usually don't even declare a retinue since I don't normally have my characters close enough to take advantage of it, especially in Living city.  It was particularly moot in this matchup because  command abilities and spells were pretty much shut down. So the characters were a lot less valuable than the units they were supporting. 

Something else that kicks Rangers while they are down, is that the Monster heavy meta lists such as Thunder Lizard and FEC, have means to deny ranger's bonuses. FEC can effectively wipe out 30 rangers before they swing and Thunder Lizard have -1 damage. So even in the BEST matchups rangers just become worse Blackguard. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Landohammer said:

Thanks! These  rangers are models I rebased from warhammer fantasy. I absolutely love the models, and they do ok damage, but they are massively overcosted. 30 are probably worth 300-330 tops.

I only brought them to this game because they fit the theme of my list. I will 100% be replacing them with Eternal Guard and/or Blackguard as soon as I get mine painted. 

I usually don't even declare a retinue since I don't normally have my characters close enough to take advantage of it, especially in Living city.  It was particularly moot in this matchup because  command abilities and spells were pretty much shut down. So the characters were a lot less valuable than the units they were supporting. 

Something else that kicks Rangers while they are down, is that the Monster heavy meta lists such as Thunder Lizard and FEC, have means to deny ranger's bonuses. FEC can effectively wipe out 30 rangers before they swing and Thunder Lizard have -1 damage. So even in the BEST matchups rangers just become worse Blackguard. 

Hmmm much appreciate the insight.  

There was a list recently that won a NZ tourney I think.   NP (Druid), BM, 3 x Durthu, 10 SotW x 2, 5 SotT, 2 x 1 Gyrocopters, 10 PG, 5 Sequitors.  I've had good success running triple Durthu in Harvest Sylvaneth but I haven't bothered with running them naked in numbers in LC.  I feel they could get stranded so hard. 

• Like 1

That blows my mind. I don't understand how durthu is even remotely good with only 3 attacks. The player must have been quite good or he rolled hot when it counted. My Durthus either do 30+ damage or whiff completely, There is no in-between lol. 

I do think that Sisters of the Watch are a bit of a sleeper unit lately though. They seem to be performing well in this meta. I look forward to trying them out more. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 11:54 AM, Landohammer said:

That blows my mind. I don't understand how durthu is even remotely good with only 3 attacks. The player must have been quite good or he rolled hot when it counted. My Durthus either do 30+ damage or whiff completely, There is no in-between lol. 

I do think that Sisters of the Watch are a bit of a sleeper unit lately though. They seem to be performing well in this meta. I look forward to trying them out more. 

Me too.  And the problem is against one guy you did 30 dmg and 0 against the rest and he's the most vocal opponent :P

Swinginess is the 100% biggest issue with Durthu and most "elite" stuff.  I don't understand how every Character in 40k has 2+ ands so rare in AoS.  I hated dice spiking in pre-8th Fantasy.  No reason Durthu isn't hitting or wounding on a 2+ if not both.  He's an avatar of killing.  

I have been converting my Glade Guard into SotW with scrounged flaming bows.  I may green stuff flames on more bows but there are enough 3D printers out there to maybe print flaming bows and replace the hands and bows.  

To me the unit is an over performer.  Even at 160 points.  They are pricey and fragile but with LC they sure show you how gross spamming them can be.  I could technically proxy about 90 with GG, Waywatchers, old Scouts, and new SotW models.  

15 minutes ago, PhoenixLord said:

I know it could be for thematic purposes, but how do Eternal Guard compare to Dreadspears or Phoenix Guard? They seem to be in an awkward middle ground between the other two Aelven spear units. 

Technically in the best case scenario (any 2 of "didn't move this turn/in terrain/SotT spell) + mystic shield, they're actually tougher than PG since they're sitting at a 2+ save rr 1's. In MOST cases they're going to be leda tough than PG but in edge cases against low rend they're more survivable for a good deal less.

That said again most of the time PG are tougher since they can also sit in terrain. Guess it depends if you're fighting a lot of rend or not.

Remember it's "didnt make a move action THIS TURN" not round so if you don't pile in the enemies turn after they charge you (or your enemy fights before you activate) you'll always have fortress of boughs active. 

• Thanks 1