AoS 2 - Living City Discussion

AthelLoren

10 hours ago, Kiekeboe said:

No problem, let me know how the Templar works! I've actually been looking to replace my Durthu with a Templar because I've noticed that Durthu's initial bang is amazing, but once he's slain his target he can easily spend 3 turns walking to his next target with his amazing 5" move. I'm thinking I'm going to be okay with lowering that initial damage a bit by grabbing a Templar and gaining a lot of movement freedom.

Better than I would expect, really. I play them in units of 10 as screens/home objective keepers while half the list does their deepstrike thing. More often than not I find them still alive after something hits them that should be killing them. And if they get to fight they'll most often deal some damage too, not too shabby. Their point cost is not ideal if you're only using them as a screen. If you want them for screening you'd rather have Ironbreakers which have the exact same 3+ save but for 110 points and don't have to stand still. I'm just here in Living City because Sylvaneth is broken in their own allegiance so I'd rather play EG because they fit the Sylvaneth theme better visually.

One of the things I've heard about Durthu is if you aren't taking a TLA for that wood, Alarielle sniping through the Mirrors with her spell can sometimes create another woods which can help Durthu slog around.  It is 900 points but she benefits greatly from the Hurricanum.  something to at least be aware of I guess.

Thanks, I've been torn on EG size.  I feel 20 is pretty good but 10 isn't bad.  30 seems,.. tricky without a rend spell to give them that extra boost.  So I've been keen about 3x10 EG myself.  I do agree they are pricey and the book lacks some chaff options,. in a sense.  We don't have 60 point 10-man Ungors and the Scourgerunner went up (expected) so why not just pay 90 points for Darkswords.  

Have you ever thought about EG in Sylvaneth?  They operate pretty good on their own in 10-man regarding buffs and synergy relative to say, Sylvaneth who have tricky BL options.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

One of the things I've heard about Durthu is if you aren't taking a TLA for that wood, Alarielle sniping through the Mirrors with her spell can sometimes create another woods which can help Durthu slog around.  It is 900 points but she benefits greatly from the Hurricanum.  something to at least be aware of I guess.

I ran an Alarielle + Durthu list in the previous tournament I went to a few months ago. It was a 3 game event and I practiced the list against about 5 different armies before that and I've never managed to spawn a wood unfortunately. There's just so much magic hate going around plus you need to wipe out a unit with a lucky roll. I didn't play Hurricanum back then but that wouldn't have helped with casting unfortunately. Durthu doesn't really need a wood in Living City if you make him your general and give him the artifact. Him being on +1 to wound/rend/strike first makes him a god already. Especially if you manage to fly the Knight Azyros close or get the Hurricanum in there. He's just very slow.

14 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

Have you ever thought about EG in Sylvaneth?  They operate pretty good on their own in 10-man regarding buffs and synergy relative to say, Sylvaneth who have tricky BL options.

I've thought about it but I tend to revert to Dryads because they're cheaper and woods make them really annoying to deal with. I am however trying to write up a Sylvaneth list that includes 20 Sisters of the Watch. They're way too strong, and good shooting is something Sylvaneth seriously lacks. Try mathhammering Bow Kurnoths' damage per point spent against Sisters, it's laughable. I'm leaning towards Dreadwood right now because Dreadwood lists don't have to spawn woods aside from the pre-game one, this way you're not shooting (heh) yourself in the foot by blocking your Sisters' line of sight. Other threats are going to be 1 or 2 blocks of 6-9 Swords/Scythes to teleport around. Still theorycrafting on this one, would love to test it but we're likely entering lockdown again where I live :(

• Like 1

Hi, everyone. I'm a new AoS player interested in the Living City and need some help building a list. Also, thanks for the great discussion so far. I've enjoyed reading it!

I will be playing against Ossiarch Bonereapers over a series of battles. We are starting at 1000 points and working our way up to 2000. I need to keep this in mind while building my list since I'm sure the core of an army optimized for 1000 points will be vastly different than one optimized for 2000 points. My opponent has lots of experience, so I want to build a competitive list.

I like the Syvlaneth units, but I don't think I can play Kurnoth Hunters. The OBR Mortek Crawler will instantly kill them from range. Also, any combat-focused troops like Eternal Guard or Phoenix Guard will probably struggle against his Mortek guard. So the plan is speed, maneuverability, and ranged attacks.

With the high armor saves of the OBR forces, I'm going to need a deep striking force that can dish out mortal wounds. One option is 2x10 Sisters of the Watch with a Hurricanum or Nomad Prince for the hit bonus. Another possibility is a hard-hitting melee unit like some Concussors.

I'm going to need some forces on the table to place up to three squadrons in the hidden paths. One option is a Nomad Prince with some Eternal Guard, but I'm worried his Nadirite blades will shred them. So maybe a gun line of 3x10 Handgunners with a Freeguild General to use the 'Hold the Line ability'? That way, I can pepper his units and force them to advance before springing a trap with the Sisters. 

I've thought of two lists:

1) Generate CPs and keep the EG alive with lifeswarm. Copter for manouverabiliy and Sisters + Concussors for a deepstriking force:

Nomad Prince (120) - General - Command Trait: Ironoak Artisan - Artefact: Spear of the Hunt 
Sorceress (90) - Lore of Leaves: Cage of Thorns - City Role: General's Adjutant 
2 x 10 Sisters of the Watch (320)
10 x Eternal Guard (130) - City Role: Honoured Retinue
1 x Gyrocopters (70) 
2 x Concussors (220)
Emerald Lifeswarm (50)

1000/1000

2) Classic Gunline with deepstrike magic and shooting:

Freeguild General (100) - General - Command Trait: Druid of the Everspring Circle, Artefact: Deepmire Cloak, Lore of Leaves: Ironoak Skin
Celestial Hurricanum with Battlemage (280)
3 x 10 Freeguild Handgunners (300)
10 x Sisters of the Watch (160) 
10 x Sisters of the Watch (160)

1000/1000

Any thoughts, criticism, advice, or general pointers for a new player would be appreciated. 

I have recently found a love of using Alarielle in my Sylvaneth lists so I'm bringing her into my Living Cities army. How's this look?

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
- City: Living City

Leaders
Sorceress (90)
- Artefact: Wardroth Horn
- Lore of Leaves: Lifesurge
Celestial Hurricanum with Celestial Battlemage (280)
- General
- Command Trait: Ironoak Artisan
- Lore of Leaves: Lifesurge
Alarielle the Everqueen (600)
- Lore of Leaves: Ironoak Skin
Drycha Hamadreth (300)
- Lore of Leaves: Cage of Thorns

Battleline
10 x Freeguild Handgunners (100)
10 x Dreadspears (90)

Units
10 x Sequitors (240)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)
Quicksilver Swords (30)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 102

I think this has some teeth, especially with adding 3 more Kurnoth Hunters of even a Treelord for the stomp. 

2 hours ago, Kiekeboe said:

Durthu doesn't really need a wood in Living City if you make him your general and give him the artifact. Him being on +1 to wound/rend/strike first makes him a god already. Especially if you manage to fly the Knight Azyros close or get the Hurricanum in there. He's just very slow.

I have one list with Durthu kitted.  Hence the crux of asking about the 3 x 10 EG.  I think the list I was dreaming up was Durthu, Sorceress, Hurricanum w/ mage,  Nomad Prince, 2 x 10 EG, 10 Darkswords, 4 x 10 SotW, lifeswarm, command point.  ambush durthu, launch the Hurricanum up with him, ambush a couple units of SotW, then a core holding back on objectives.  

21 minutes ago, Stormlight said:

1) Generate CPs and keep the EG alive with lifeswarm. Copter for manouverabiliy and Sisters + Concussors for a deepstriking force:

Nomad Prince (120) - General - Command Trait: Ironoak Artisan - Artefact: Spear of the Hunt 
Sorceress (90) - Lore of Leaves: Cage of Thorns - City Role: General's Adjutant 
2 x 10 Sisters of the Watch (320)
10 x Eternal Guard (130) - City Role: Honoured Retinue
1 x Gyrocopters (70) 
2 x Concussors (220)
Emerald Lifeswarm (50)

I would start with things that spam Mortal Wounds vs Ossiarchs.  The SotW will do well.  Don't underestimate the value of a Nomad Prince.  He's really good for an infantry hero.  I like the first list. 

6 minutes ago, Grimmlock619 said:

I have recently found a love of using Alarielle in my Sylvaneth lists so I'm bringing her into my Living Cities army. How's this look?

A little weak for holding objectives.  

• Like 1

What do you guys think of this army list?

Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Spirit of Durthu (300)
- General
- Command Trait: Ironoak Artisan
- Artefact: Spear of the Hunt
Knight-Azyros (100)
Celestial Hurricanum with Celestial Battlemage (280)
- Lore of Leaves: Ironoak Skin
Sorceress (90)
- Lore of Leaves: Lifesurge

Battleline
10 x Darkshards (100)
10 x Freeguild Handgunners (100)
10 x Ironbreakers (110)

Units
4 x Concussors (440)
20 x Sisters of the Watch (320)
10 x Shadow Warriors (110)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 113

Interesting tidbit I just heard of that I've never thought of.  If you have a Sorceress who is stabbing for her spells and you make that your retinue, Endless Lifeswarm is a good little shenanigan to keep them going.  In fact it makes a large unit of the crossbow dark aelf models pretty good for synergy you can get between the pair.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried dark riders in living cities? With their giant move you can easily get the full shots+charge off on turn 1 with a cp, doing some damage (I know not amazing but still, something) and then with their giant bases, even 10 could pretty effectively pin an opponent in their deployment zone. Could do something similar with outriders too.

Still leaves space on a flank for a harder hitter (dracoths, irondrakes etc.)to drop in and take out a target as well.

So with the advent of Misthavn, flanking dragons have been on my mind.  But while I've tried to figure out that, I've had people direct me to Living Cities instead.  One of the first issues I have with that though is that I currently only own Dark Elves models. Is it still possible to get something functional out of that/or with minimal extra purchases?  What might a starting 1000 point list look/play like?  Thanks!

On 11/21/2020 at 11:06 PM, MetaphoricDragon said:

So with the advent of Misthavn, flanking dragons have been on my mind.  But while I've tried to figure out that, I've had people direct me to Living Cities instead.  One of the first issues I have with that though is that I currently only own Dark Elves models. Is it still possible to get something functional out of that/or with minimal extra purchases?  What might a starting 1000 point list look/play like?  Thanks!

Did you list them earlier?  

A sorceress can be a good adjutant with a unit to stab and heal (with lifeswarm).   Will generate some CP, bonuses on spell casting.  Dragons are good in LC cause they can shoot and use the command ability to fly up again.  Also their command trait helps them, if you ran two they would be better than twice as good.  Scourge runner chariots are still good, but not great.

What do you have for models?

9 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

Did you list them earlier?  

A sorceress can be a good adjutant with a unit to stab and heal (with lifeswarm).   Will generate some CP, bonuses on spell casting.  Dragons are good in LC cause they can shoot and use the command ability to fly up again.  Also their command trait helps them, if you ran two they would be better than twice as good.  Scourge runner chariots are still good, but not great.

What do you have for models?

• 20 darkshards
  • 40  dreadspears
  • 10 black guard
  • 10 executioners
  • 20 corsairs 
  • 10 shades/ Shadow Warriors
  • 10 dark riders
  • 6 cold one knights
  • 3 reaper bolt throwers
  • 1 black ark fleetmaster
  • 3 scourgerunner chariots (2 can be swapped to cold ones chariots)
  • 2 sorceress
  • 1 Assassin
  • The Drusa Kraeth Box is on order so Dragon and 20 warriors (probably 10 darkshards, 10 bleakswords)

I'm not opposed to buying more, but looking for a solid starting point using what I have first, then a road map to go from there.  Not entirely sure Living City is my best option, but since my Misthavn questions pointed me this way, I figured I'd explore the idea.  Thanks!

21 hours ago, MetaphoricDragon said:
  • 20 darkshards
  • 40  dreadspears
  • 10 black guard
  • 10 executioners
  • 20 corsairs 
  • 10 shades/ Shadow Warriors
  • 10 dark riders
  • 6 cold one knights
  • 3 reaper bolt throwers
  • 1 black ark fleetmaster
  • 3 scourgerunner chariots (2 can be swapped to cold ones chariots)
  • 2 sorceress
  • 1 Assassin
  • The Drusa Kraeth Box is on order so Dragon and 20 warriors (probably 10 darkshards, 10 bleakswords)

I'm not opposed to buying more, but looking for a solid starting point using what I have first, then a road map to go from there.  Not entirely sure Living City is my best option, but since my Misthavn questions pointed me this way, I figured I'd explore the idea.  Thanks!

Okay you have a lot, I'm surprised the other cities recommended you to LC. Seems like you have a great classic DE army and should be looking at Anvil Guard or the the new DE city.   Tempest Eye would allow you to get a block of Black Guard or Executioners across the board in stupid fast speed. It also would give them the armour boost, same for Dreadspears.   

LC benefits ambushing (delayed as well) and healing.  So your chariots, cavalry and heroes will benefit from this.  Otherwise I mean,.. maybe?   I heard recently uh... Simon Hall?  The aussie who keeps showing up on the Mortally Wounded and Honest Wargamer podcast who loves Cities talking about the Black Dragon Sorceress has some legs since Lumineth can nuke 5W characters one per turn.  

I would start with the dragon, Assassin, chariots (in a vacuum scourgerunner are still better), Shadow Warriors, some form of BL units depending on (horde discount) pricing and effectiveness.  Perhaps 20-30 spears, then 2 x 10 darkshards?  Then drop in the shooting units ambushing for pressure and hoping to snipe characters or help take units off objectives.  Not sure the stats on Corsairs but if you can ambush them with the Fleetmaster, move them with the LC command ability then move up onto an objective?  Just spit balling.  A local buddy turned his Reaper Bolt Throwers into Celestial Stormcast ones with a couple converted cheapo SCE models and based them.  

The Treelord model - which looks like a bad guy from Halo - always put me off, but Treebeard (with a staff added) has potentally increased my enthusiasm for having some big trees.

I was looking to build a gimmick around Treelord Ancients popping off Wildwoods, then dumping maximum-sized blocks of Shadow Warriors in each to shoot (terrain=2+/3+) and obviously then using the Shoot and Melt Away for 3-inch charges against a severly softened target.

A Nomad Prince with a Deepmire Cloak would be well-served in a WIldwood too, and the two Treelord Ancients could subsequently bounce between the two woods, where needed for their toughening/healing spells.

* Removed, as it doesn't work *

(PS: Yes, I know about the non-hero Frostheart Phoenix being very non-optimal, but I'm running a winter theme, and he's an easy paint job too, lol.)

(PS: Glade Guard for Darkshards, head-swapped Eternal Guard for Dreadspears and Mirkwood Rangers on treestumps for Shadow Warriors should eliminate the need for any stupid High/Dark elves or old metal/Finecast models).

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Like 1

Popping Shadow Warrioirs into Wyldwoods is cool, I was thinking about trying that out recently, too. But I guess it’s only viable with 10 man squads and the old Wyldwoods so that you can position the models along the edge so that they can see out of the woods. Otherwise most of the unit can’s shoot because of line of sight. As soon as a model is more than an inch into the wood you can’t see out of it, unless the target you are shooting at is flying.

But generally I think that’s a very cool thematic list and I’d like to see it on the table, especially because you want to use all the Wanderers models!

Now that I think about it, I’m 99.99% sure you can only drop one free Wyldwood per game, even if you have two Treelord Ancients. Have a close look at the wording.

5 hours ago, martinwolf said:

Popping Shadow Warrioirs into Wyldwoods is cool, I was thinking about trying that out recently, too. But I guess it’s only viable with 10 man squads and the old Wyldwoods so that you can position the models along the edge so that they can see out of the woods. Otherwise most of the unit can’s shoot because of line of sight. As soon as a model is more than an inch into the wood you can’t see out of it, unless the target you are shooting at is flying.

But generally I think that’s a very cool thematic list and I’d like to see it on the table, especially because you want to use all the Wanderers models!

Now that I think about it, I’m 99.99% sure you can only drop one free Wyldwood per game, even if you have two Treelord Ancients. Have a close look at the wording.

To be honest, I was considering dropping the second TLA anyway, and just dumping the second unit of Shadow Blades onto an objective, or something.

That would free-up points for upgrading the Frost Phoenix, and still leave 160 points for infantry upgrades or an addition unit (e.g. a foot Sorceress).

Has anyone tried any of these kits as Shadow Warriors? Mirkwood look like the best models, but Middle Earth Rangers are an easier paint. All are plastic and very cheap.

As a scout-type unit, the small size might actually work. Especially if they are on tree stumps (or whatever), so the difference in height is less noticeable.

image.png.53977861ecefee3c45940f09efd55dc9.png

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Really like the Mirkwood rangers but I have a 10 man unit made of old metal waywatchers and our discontinued archer heroes so I'm all set.

How many of the ten are the full executioner hood guy (i.e. with the main hood down)? He looks badass...

Edit: Found him... image.png.f9256a39b0ef6fe25cae8fc5633f1453.png

Edited by Kyriakin

3 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

How many of the ten are the full executioner hood guy (i.e. with the main hood down)? He looks badass...

I'd have to check but I know I got at least one of each. Problem is they're really more suitable to a Tempest Eye list imho but that's mostly for the hidden paths anti-synergy.

17 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

(PS: Glade Guard for Darkshards, head-swapped Eternal Guard for Dreadspears and Mirkwood Rangers on treestumps for Shadow Warriors should eliminate the need for any stupid High/Dark elves or old metal/Finecast models).

Really neat list.  I like that's its is different and new, and fresh.  Also taking advantage of a good warscroll (SWs) that isn't great but still holds its own.  One of the things I've heard more and more is getting a lot of woods out isn't that easy for Sylvaneth.

9 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

Has anyone tried any of these kits as Shadow Warriors? Mirkwood look like the best models, but Middle Earth Rangers are an easier paint. All are plastic and very cheap.

As a scout-type unit, the small size might actually work. Especially if they are on tree stumps (or whatever), so the difference in height is less noticeable.

image.png.53977861ecefee3c45940f09efd55dc9.png

Nice, I like the LotR Wood Elves they've done.  A lot of that range has nice models.  The original post-trilogy Kings of Men were cool and would be neat additions to CoS.  

If you don't have a paint log, start one and share it in your signature.  

20 hours ago, martinwolf said:

But a single Wyldwood could be up to 6 individual woods - thats quite a big cicumference.

How many 25mm dudes could you line around the enemy-facing outer edge of a wood of that maximum size, while retaining coherency (etc.)?

Anyway, I changed it to one TLA with one max-sized wood...:

- Mortal Realm: Ghyran

LEADERS
Anointed of Asuryan on Frostheart Phoenix (320) - Tough, mobile Cage of Thorns or Emerald Lifeswarm vehicle that debuffs enemy wound rolls. Fits my planned winter theme (sorry Flamespyre Phoenix)
- General
- Command Trait: Druid of the Everspring - Cage of Thorns

Treelord Ancient (260) - Pump out a max-sized (i.e. six woods) Wyldwood, and then Lifesurge vehicle.
Branchwych (80) - Unshootable in the forest with Deepmire Cloak (and unaffected by scenery rules), while pumping out Dryads
- Artefact: Deepmire Cloak
- City Role: General's Adjutant (the only time she will be within three inches of the phoenix is when they are both on the dead-pile...)

UNITS
30 x Shadow Warriors (330) - Mirkwood Rangers dumped on an objective (or onto terrain near to an objective).
30 x Shadow Warriors (330) - Mirkwood Rangers dumped on Wyldwood, shoot (as many shots as the rules allow), move and 3" charge.
10 x Shadow Warriors (110) - Mirkwood Rangers wait to see where Phoenix flies off to, and then deepstrike as close as possible to be its retinue.

- City Role: Honoured Retinue (Must be 5-20 models)
10 x Phoenix Guard (160) - Forced Battleline. Probably won't keep up with Phoenix, but could try hidden paths. Head-swapped Eternal Guard.
10 x Phoenix Guard (160) - Forced Battleline. Probably won't keep up with Phoenix, but could try hidden paths. Head-swapped Eternal Guard.
10 x Darkshards (100) - Wanted some Glade Guard for old times sake.
3 x Aetherwings (40) - Nowt else I can afford, and fits the frost phoenix's theme, I guess.

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Extra Command Point (50) - Don't actually need this with deep-striking only one unit. Could remove with Aetherwings for ten more Darkshards Glade Guard, but Command Points are quicker and easier to paint.
Emerald Lifeswarm (50)

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 3:05 AM, Kyriakin said:

But a single Wyldwood could be up to 6 individual woods - thats quite a big cicumference.

How many 25mm dudes could you line around the enemy-facing outer edge of a wood of that maximum size, while retaining coherency (etc.)?

Anyway, I changed it to one TLA with one max-sized wood...:

- Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Spoiler

LEADERS
Anointed of Asuryan on Frostheart Phoenix (320) - Tough, mobile Cage of Thorns or Emerald Lifeswarm vehicle that debuffs enemy wound rolls. Fits my planned winter theme (sorry Flamespyre Phoenix)
- General
- Command Trait: Druid of the Everspring - Cage of Thorns

Treelord Ancient (260) - Pump out a max-sized (i.e. six woods) Wyldwood, and then Lifesurge vehicle.
Branchwych (80) - Unshootable in the forest with Deepmire Cloak (and unaffected by scenery rules), while pumping out Dryads
- Artefact: Deepmire Cloak
- City Role: General's Adjutant (the only time she will be within three inches of the phoenix is when they are both on the dead-pile...)

UNITS
30 x Shadow Warriors (330) - Mirkwood Rangers dumped on an objective (or onto terrain near to an objective).
30 x Shadow Warriors (330) - Mirkwood Rangers dumped on Wyldwood, shoot (as many shots as the rules allow), move and 3" charge.
10 x Shadow Warriors (110) - Mirkwood Rangers wait to see where Phoenix flies off to, and then deepstrike as close as possible to be its retinue.

- City Role: Honoured Retinue (Must be 5-20 models)
10 x Phoenix Guard (160) - Forced Battleline. Probably won't keep up with Phoenix, but could try hidden paths. Head-swapped Eternal Guard.
10 x Phoenix Guard (160) - Forced Battleline. Probably won't keep up with Phoenix, but could try hidden paths. Head-swapped Eternal Guard.
10 x Darkshards (100) - Wanted some Glade Guard for old times sake.
3 x Aetherwings (40) - Nowt else I can afford, and fits the frost phoenix's theme, I guess.

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Extra Command Point (50) - Don't actually need this with deep-striking only one unit. Could remove with Aetherwings for ten more Darkshards Glade Guard, but Command Points are quicker and easier to paint.
Emerald Lifeswarm (50)

First time seeing someone suggest that many Shadow Warriors heh. Would love to see this in action. One thing about the retinue/adjutant though: they don't apply when your general has more than 6 wounds. And you probably mean Branchwraith instead of the Wych. I'm also interested in making a TLA list work but I would like to try a list with Durthu + TLA where the TLA yeets a forest towards the place where Durthu is going to do his deepstrike, so he ends up with 5 attacks after deepstrike->shoot->move->charge. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2020 at 6:05 PM, Kyriakin said:

Is this based on owning 3 of the new woods kits and using the largest ones?

AFAIK a single wildwood is one of the old GW Citadel Woods kit (that sylvaneth players needed loads of last book).  

I'm not sure how you are getting this number.

9 hours ago, Popisdead said:

Is this based on owning 3 of the new woods kits and using the largest ones?

AFAIK a single wildwood is one of the old GW Citadel Woods kit (that sylvaneth players needed loads of last book).  

I'm not sure how you are getting this number.

The old Wildwood (I will use this spelling to refer to the old wood kit, to avoid confusion) seems to be about the size of three of the new Citadel Woods (i.e. the minimum size for an Awakened Wyldwood), but you can make an Awakened Wyldwood that is six of the new Citadel Woods. That seems like it would be quite a big circumference for outside-edge shooting.

Or, alternatively, you dump an Awakened Wyldwood near to a flying enemy, and just shoot with the whole unit of Shadow Warriors. Most armies have something decent that flies... (I wish we had that Blisterskin flying spell)

image.png.68a4fb3a212eaa6ed330b1904bacb663.png

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

The old Wildwood (I will use this spelling to refer to the old wood kit, to avoid confusion) seems to be about the size of three of the new Citadel Woods (i.e. the minimum size for an Awakened Wyldwood), but you can make an Awakened Wyldwood that is six of the new Citadel Woods. That seems like it would be quite a big circumference for outside-edge shooting.

image.png.68a4fb3a212eaa6ed330b1904bacb663.png

Oh gee,... right there haha.  

I think I see what you are saying here so thanks.  

IMG_0019.JPG