AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

5 minutes ago, Sception said:

strikes last just isn't the bonus for us that it is for other factions.  In soulblight I'd give my left femur for strikes last.  I'll take a necromancer just to cast soul cage.  but unlike grave guard, mortek guard can take a hit.  As can immortis, stalkers, and kavalos - all the main battleline units we're likely to take.  And we're not running any melee monsters that suffer significantly from bracketing like a VLoZD might.  Why spend 200 points to maybe make the opponent strike after you with a crawler when you could spend more or less the same points to support your units with a harvester.  Then the opponent can strike first and fail to do any significant damage through your armor and ward and harvester recursion and then you can just smash them anyway.

As for mid-line ossifector, that's just not good enough.  The cartouche is a wholly within 9" bubble.  He's got to be on the front lines.

Both fair points! I still think the Crawler could help because it's not the chip damage or the strikes-last, it's the ability to do both, but I will definitely concede the Cartouche is hard to apply the way describe.

I imagine the Soulstealer Carrion will prove a popular choice in any list that isn’t Mortek spam, especially when coupled with the Dark Acolyte command trait. Wouldn’t be surprised if that goes in up points before long. I can see Morghast Harbingers seeing some limited play too, as they fill a niche as a pretty nasty deep striking hammer whose only real competition in terms of speed are Deathriders, which aren’t the punchiest.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sception said:

4, or even 2d6, chances at strike last when you have to roll a 5+ to trigger it is pretty unreliable.  I'm not going to spend 200 points on that, especially in an army as durable as OBR, where forcing the opponent to strike last doesn't seem like as much of a big deal as it would be for a glass cannon hyper-offense army.

The crawler gives you a chance to win engagements you would otherwise lose on defense. That's valuable in my book. Especially in a durable army like OBR that can play a value strategy. Because of turn sequencing, you will also always know which of the opponent's units have strike last on them before charging, allowing you to take more favourable engagements.

Another big plus is that a crawler provides power projection in an army that otherwise largely lacks it. A Harvester might be better value wherever it is on the battlefield, but a crawler can apply pressure anywhere. In this army specifically I find that highly valuable.

49 minutes ago, Sception said:

Does harvester really need +1 rend for 120 points?  It can be rend -3 on its own, and you can throw out the save debuff spell on top of that.  Is that really going to benefit the harvester more than 3 free wounds back a turn?  There are other sources for wound buffs, or other buffs that can achieve more or less the same result in terms of increased damage.

It's the complete package that I find good. Free +1 to wound for anything on range, free +1 rend for the harvester and a cast of whatever. I think that is better than pairing a harvester with a Boneshaper, because that is just layering healing on top of healing, which at some point becomes inefficient.

1 hour ago, Sception said:

I think we'll see early consolidation around petrifex big guys and Katakros with little guys - maybe praetorians, maybe crematorians.  Arkhan is also sure to see play, but despite how good he is for his cost, that cost is still an issue, so I'm not sure what lists exactly will run him.  Can you even fit him in the petrifex list?  Can you run him next to katakros, or does that not leave you with enough points for units?  would you ever run him instead of katakros in a little stuff army?  Arkhan is good, but is anything he can do as good as Katakros's bubble aura?

Well, he is the only reliable wizard. I play against Sylvaneth a lot, and the magic can be really frustrating. For 1250-1500 I would say he is an auto-include. Then the competition with Katakros kicks in and your points are very valid.

What do you think of Liege-Kavalos? I have a soft spot for melee heroes and the unrendable variant with the Helm of Tyranny looks really attractive.

liege looks great.  the ca is fantastic, effectively 2 free cpoints a turn is how the army wants to work.  unrendable or -3 charge aura are fantastic on him, the impact hit damage on charge is great with retreat & charge ca.  liege is a beast.  the only reason i wouldn't call him an auto include in every list is that he's mounted so he can't be a jelly champ, but were only a few short months away from not having to care about that anymore.

31 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Another big plus is that a crawler provides power projection in an army that otherwise largely lacks it.

this is what used to define the crawler & make it a cornerstone of the faction.  Unfortunately the damage is now so low that I don't really feel it projects much of anything, let alone power.

I could be underestimating it.  i hope i am, because it's a cool model.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sception said:

this is what used to define the crawler & make it a cornerstone of the faction.  Unfortunately the damage is now so low that I don't really feel it projects much of anything, let alone power.

I could be underestimating it.  i hope i am, because it's a cool model.

Also of note: If you take two crawlers you get two chances to make the same target unit strike last. I expected the effects not to stack, but weirdly they do!

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Also of note: If you take two crawlers you get two chances to make the same target unit strike last. I expected the effects not to stack, but weirdly they do!

that's cool, though also potentially a mistake that might get errata'd.

i still just don't see where it fits in lists or how it justifies its cost.  but again, i hope I'm wrong.

3 hours ago, RocketPropelledGrenade said:

The Liege's command ability is also a huge offensive boost in some engagements. Sure, Bludgeon is great as well, but if you don't need the extra rend or have high damage stuff like stalkers or halberd-equipped Morghasts, then Endless Duty is just straight money.

Endless Duty is in the herophase, so crazy stonks on Liege if you ask me (;

I think more so than ever the army has the tools to run lists of just "big dudes", with Soulstealer Carrion helping out on objectives, and Stalkers/Immortis being such great picks(Morghasts to a lesser degree as well). Those bigger miniatures is what makes me want to collect OBR in the first place.

But it makes me really sad that there aren't any generic Katakross/Stalker/Immortis sized heroes in the army.
Don't get me wrong, Katakross is an amazing miniature -and his rules are great now. But when I'm hobbying I like to make my armies "my own", and come up with lore for my units and stuff like that. I'm sad I don't have a thematic hero to lead my army if I was going to make an army like that.

On a less dour note I think the new book looks great. So many more ways to play the army now, and so many more viable subfactions!

Edited by GDD
  • Like 2

How do people feel about the Zombie Regiment of Renown for OBR?

Short rules summary:

• Hero Corpse Cart
  • 20 Zombies
  • 180 points
  • 6+ ward for zombies, 5+ for the cart
  • -1 to wards and -1 to cast
  • Zombies now kick back mortals on death on a 5+
  • They also have mortals on 6s to wound near the cart
  • This Regiment of Renown might be deprecated because the warscroll "Corpse Cart with Balefire Brazier" does not exist anymore, although the Corpse Cart obviously still exists and has the Balefire Brazier as a build option.

Bodies/chaff is definitely a niche that theoretically exists in OBR. Would you guys like run this over 10 Mortek?

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

How do people feel about the Zombie Regiment of Renown for OBR?

They definitely fill the bodies niche, and could be useful as a backfield objectives holder. That said, they're a unit that doesn't contribute towards the extra CP conditions for multiple OBR units on the board, or the majority of battle tactics/grand strategies. I'd argue that a Mortek unit is more durable, and can absorb the OBR exclusive command abilities. The mortal wound output isn't the most valuable in OBR either, as the army is full of rend and ways to increase it.

On the other hand, I can definitely see a scenario wherein a low wound hammer unit tries to take an objective from this lot, and ends up killing itself with the on-death mortal wounds, so they definitely have their uses.

Edited by Expendable Grunt
  • Like 1

Still, that is a lot of bones who are not claimed for the Tithe…

I do find enjoyable to be limited in our choices. Frustrating, but enjoyable because thé challenge start from the army selection, where other armies have a unit for every role so you just take them for what you need and thats it, where this is less the case in ossiarch.

Sure the stalker have only one purpose. But the immortis guard can be made more deadly or more tanky, and so are mortek guards, harvesters. You can make a list with morteks as anvils or as hammer, following what buffs you want them to have.

Too bad our shooting abilities depends just on the crawler, who is a monster « miniature » at 200 pts…

• Like 1

I've had a go at expanding the 'Oops, all constructs' Petrifex idea out to 2000 points, let me know what you think!

Petrifex Elite

Grand strategy – Cremation and Termination

Boneshaper (General, Dark Acolyte, Artisan’s Key)

Boneshaper

Boneshaper

Boneshaper

Immortis Guard x6

Immortis Guard x6

Stalkers x3

Stalkers x3

Morghast Harbingers x2

Soulstealer Carrion

2000 on the dot.

I’d love to vary the heroes up a bit, but honestly the Boneshapers are just so much better, especially for a list like this. The heal/res component is an ability rather than a spell, so they can all spam it on their Immortis bodyguards, which will hopefully allow for the scoring of the Sculptor’s entourage battle tactic, as well as the Cremation and Termination grand strategy. The Stalkers are there as disposable hammers (potentially scoring the much more difficult Edge of Obiliteration tactic), whereas the Morghast live in reserve to project power by threatening a backfield objective or sniping heroes/ranged units (they can reroll their own charge as elites, and potentially fight first if they roll well). The Carrion lets the list bully hordes off objectives, as it can’t be dispelled in that turn if cast by the general. The list makes good use of Nadirite Weapons (pretty much everything can be at least D2 -2 rend), and the Petrifex -1 damage effects everything bar the bodyguarded Boneshapers. Finally, there are eight units on the table for maximum Relentless Discipline goodness.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Expendable Grunt said:

I've had a go at expanding the 'Oops, all constructs' Petrifex idea out to 2000 points, let me know what you think!

Petrifex Elite

Grand strategy – Cremation and Termination

Boneshaper (General, Dark Acolyte, Artisan’s Key)

Boneshaper

Boneshaper

Boneshaper

Immortis Guard x6

Immortis Guard x6

Stalkers x3

Stalkers x3

Morghast Harbingers x2

Soulstealer Carrion

2000 on the dot.

I’d love to vary the heroes up a bit, but honestly the Boneshapers are just so much better, especially for a list like this. The heal/res component is an ability rather than a spell, so they can all spam it on their Immortis bodyguards, which will hopefully allow for the scoring of the Sculptor’s entourage battle tactic, as well as the Cremation and Termination grand strategy. The Stalkers are there as disposable hammers (potentially scoring the much more difficult Edge of Obiliteration tactic), whereas the Morghast live in reserve to project power by threatening a backfield objective or sniping heroes/ranged units (they can reroll their own charge as elites, and potentially fight first if they roll well). The Carrion lets the list bully hordes off objectives, as it can’t be dispelled in that turn if cast by the general. The list makes good use of Nadirite Weapons (pretty much everything can be at least D2 -2 rend), and the Petrifex -1 damage effects everything bar the bodyguarded Boneshapers. Finally, there are eight units on the table for maximum Relentless Discipline goodness.

Are you planning on two Boneshapers per Immortis squad? Because they might be a bit too slow to stay within 6 of the Stalkers. It might worth considering Arkhan instead in most lists (although not yours since you are at 2000 points and he's 10 more expensive than three Boneshapers at 370). He heals like three Boneshapers, after all, but has a bunch of other upsides as well.

Also, and this is the first time I am really thinking about this, but healing Immortis seems kind of inefficient. There has to be a high chance that you heal less than the full three wounds, especially if you put several heals into one unit.

In any case, I think a block of 6 Immortis in Petrifex will be absurdly hard to shift. There are probably lists that can't pass the damage threshold at all. And 12+2 points of capture power are not trivial to overcome, either, especially since they lose bodies so slowly.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Are you planning on two Boneshapers per Immortis squad? Because they might be a bit too slow to stay within 6 of the Stalkers. It might worth considering Arkhan instead in most lists (although not yours since you are at 2000 points and he's 10 more expensive than three Boneshapers at 370). He heals like three Boneshapers, after all, but has a bunch of other upsides as well.

The Boneshapers would ideally stay glued to the Immortis Guard, yeah. Good point about Arkhan. He's likely the better option, maybe worth dropping the bird for. The Mortisan spam is just for the grand strategy really, although one of the generic ones would probably be a better pick.

35 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Also, and this is the first time I am really thinking about this, but healing Immortis seems kind of inefficient. There has to be a high chance that you heal less than the full three wounds, especially if you put several heals into one unit.

I'd agree here as well. The mass Boneshapers is more a case of no other Mortisan heroes bringing anything special to the list, rather than any pressing need for four healers. That said, resurrecting Immortis could be nasty, as the unit is unlikely to be wiped in a single phase, and up to five (dice rolls permitting) could be brought back in a turn for no CP/Spell cost. I might look at dropping one Boneshaper for an Ossifector, purely for the artefact, although the 12" range is pretty limiting.

Edited by Expendable Grunt
  • Like 1

I think I'm heading down the same path as well:

Petrifex Elite, everything fits into a Battle Regiment Battalion

Arkhan the Black
Mortisian Boneshaper with Artisan's Key, Diversionary Tactics
Mortisian Boneshaper
20 Mortek Guard
3 Immortis Guard
3 Immortis Guard
3 Necropolis Stalkers
3 Necropolis Stalkers
Gothizzar Harvester
Soulstealer Carrion
2,000 points exactly

It gives 3 blocks that can move around to take objectives while having the stalkers and Arkhan to fill in where needed.  If there is a backfield objective, one set of Immortis Guard and the non-general Boneshaper will hold it.

• Like 2

I have been refining my list:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Ossiarch Bonereapers
- Legion: Mortis Praetorians
- Grand Strategy: The Scales Balanced
- Triumphs: Bloodthirsty

Leaders
Katakros, Mortarch of the Necropolis (440)
Arch-Kavalos Zandtos (200)
Mortisan Boneshaper (120)
- General
- Command Trait: Divisionary Tactics
- Artefact: Artisan's Key
- Lore of Mortisans: Empower Nadirite Weapons

Battleline
20 x Mortek Guard (300)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Mortek Guard (150)
3 x Immortis Guard (200)
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (170)

Artillery
Mortek Crawler (200)
Mortek Crawler (200)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 113
Drops: 9

So, this is my attempt at Katakros+2 Crawlers for the new book.

Game plan: Sit on objectives and be hard to remove. Win combats you should not be winning by concentrating buffs where needed,

Going through the list from the top:

Mortis Praetorians because the counter charge is good and the list is not heavy enough on big boys for Petrifex, but also not heavy enough on Mortek for Crematorians.

The Scales Balanced is "Have a Mortek or Deathriders unit at full strength at the end of the game." Since I have three of those units, as well as defensive buffs and healing from Katakros and the Boneshaper, I think that is doable.

Bloodthirsty triumph for +1 to wound when Zandtos is not nearby. Reroll charges is an alternative, but this list does not want to charge that much.

Heroes

Katakros. You know him, you love him. The main thing he does is give +1 to saves and +1 to hit to everything, but he also has a bunch of other incidental nice abilities.

Zandtos. Since I am in Mortis Praetorians, I get to choose between this guy and the Liege-Kavalos. I opted for Zandtos because even though +1 attacks from the Liege is the better buff in isolation, his +1 to wound is an aura, so it can stack with -1 rend from Bludgeon. He also self-buffs with it, and coupled with Katakros +1 to hit and saves, he becomes very fighty and survivable. He will have a big impact if he joins a combat. I want this guy to be a mobile operator that goes where he is needed and swings battles. He really benefits from the Counter-Charge that Praetorians enables, giving him better mobility and allowing him to proc charge mortals in the enemy charge phase.

EDIT: I am just now realizing how much of a combat monster this guy is. Here he is on the charge with +1 hit (Katakros aura), wound (his own aura) and rend (bludgeon).

Spoiler
Save Zandtos
2+ 10.42
3+ 13.19
4+ 15.97
5+ 16.67
6+ 16.67

And of course he gets charge mortals, too! Insane. Imagine this guy counter-charging you out of nowhere.

Boneshaper. I need to hold points to win so I want at least some healing in this list. I also always bring at least one wizard so that my opponent doesn't cast completely for free. Artisan's Key to spike healing into the 20 Mortek. Divisonary Tactics for now to try it out. -3 to charge is significant and makes it so that even a 3" charge is not guaranteed, which is huge. Possibly stacks with -3 to charge from the Bone-Tithe Nexus. Empower Nadirite Weapons is my spell of choice because it's a nice damage boost and has a low cast value. Drain Vitality is another option.

If we hold Katakros and the rest of the list fixed, there are a few potentially interesting options for the two small heroes:

• Liege-Kavalos + Soulmason: More casts and better spells. Potentially better offense because you can stack +1 to hit, wound and attacks at the same time, but no healing outside Katakros.
  • Liege-Kavalos + Boneshaper/Ossifector: The cheaper heroes leave enough room for an endless spell, like the Soulstealer Carrion, which would aid the objective game. With the ossifector, you can get +1 to wound from the Gothizzar Cartouche, +1 attacks from the Liege, and the un-unbindable casts command trait, and Enhanced Clawspan on one of the Crawlers as a bonus if you can work out the positioning.
  • Liege-Kavalos + Vokmortian: You could use these two to lean into the command point drain. The 5+ command point drain from Katakros, plus show of Superiority on the Liege, plus Vokmortians command point tax on fighting could potentially be devestating if they all go off at once. You could also lean into the bravery bomb with the Helm of Tyranny and Vokmortians -2 to bravery aura. No healing or +1 to wound, though, so I find it kinda gimmicky.

Troops

Mortek Guard. The only unit in the book that can capture decently, so they are in. They look kinda weak at first glance, but in this list they are dependably +1 to hit, +1 to saves and +1 rend at worst. They are absolutely capable of winning combats. Specifically, they can be buffed up to fight at what I will call "parity": They will deal 1 wound for every model that is in combat, winning engagements against units of the same size if they go first. It is not unreasonable to get these guys to parity against 3+ saves, so that's quite good! Of course, they can take hits too, being on 3+ save, 5+ ward when needed, and at a 4+ save at worst due to Shield Wall.

The 20 Mortek join the Boneshaper to be my main capturing unit and anvil. The 10 Mortek go out on their own and hope they don't die. However, if they become the target of all the buffs in a single turn, they might take the opponent by surprise with their damage output.

Immortis Guard. The big boys are there to join Katakros and contest a point. 2+ save in this setup, so very hard to remove. Their once per game fight twice is potentially devestating.

Deathriders. They kind of suck, but they are fast and they can screen. Like everything in this list, they pack a surprising punch if they get buffed. 2+ save with Katakros, so that's good. I want at least one fast unit in this list to engage ambushing units that threaten the Crawlers. Speaking of which:

Crawlers. Why bring them? More to the point, why bring 2? In my opinion, the Crawlers add a lot to this list. Focus-firing a unit with Necrotic Skulls will deal ~4,5 damage against a 3+ save and make it fight last 87% of the time. Spreading out the shots makes gives you a 50/50 to fight last on 4 units. They only need to target to give fights last, not to hit, so if you really need to you can trigger the effect at 36" inches with the Cursed Stele. The Cauldron of Torment is also a decent source of damage against low save units, which is nice for that one battle tactic.

But what is so good about fights last? A unit of Mortek Guard is tough, but not invincible. If they get attacked, they will lose models and thus attacks. The extra damage and fight first makes sure they win their combats instead. In AoS, the swing between striking first and or second is huge. You can easily lose half your models or more from being struck first, reducing your attacks by half. This effect is more significant than it looks at first glance, with a 50% loss of models resulting in a more than 50% loss in combat ability (Lanchester's Law).

Strikes last on a unit also allows heroes to join combat and get their attacks in before the opponent can counter. Not a big deal for the Boneshaper, but it is for Zandtos and Katakros.

Speaking of Katakros, he will likely be a prime target for heavy hitters because he is integral to this list and has to be contesting a point due to low unit count. Immortis can absorb just about any charge on a 2+, 5++ and with strikes last, him and the Immortis become extremely threatening, because they can all fight before the opponent and the Immortis even get to go twice without being attacked in return with their once-per-game.

Even though the Crawler damage is low, it's high enough to be a threat against frail units. Power projection is important in this army, and the Crawlers definitely aid with that. It makes it so that units with 5+ saves don't just run around for free doing what they want. This is a big help in horde fights and allows even the 10 mortek unit to win against superior numbers.

Other potential options for the list:

Morghasts. I kind of want a unit but I think it is just out of reach points-wise. They would be a nice replacement for Deathriders.

Harvester. Could go into the list instead of a 10 Mortek or the Deathriders with some adjustments. I don't think it's good in this list, though. However...

Only one Crawler. Swapping out a Crawler for a Harvester might be something. It makes the Crawler damage truly insignificant and makes the fight last effect a lot less reliable, but it does add damage and staying power, probably to the 10 Mortek unit. However, at that point those could just be 20 Mortek, so I'm not sure about that.

No Crawlers. That's just a different list.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I have been refining my list:

Reveal hidden contents

- Grand Strategy: The Scales Balanced
- Triumphs: Bloodthirsty

Leaders
Katakros, Mortarch of the Necropolis (440)
- General
- Command Trait: Divisionary Tactics
- Artefact: Artisan's Key
- Lore of Mortisans: Empower Nadirite Weapons

Battleline
20 x Mortek Guard (300)
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Mortek Guard (150)
3 x Immortis Guard (200)

Artillery
Mortek Crawler (200)
Mortek Crawler (200)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Wounds: 113
Drops: 9

It's pretty difficult to critique such a well-reasoned list, i'd be interested in hearing how it performs!

My only possible suggestion would be to drop a Crawler and the Deathriders, in order to pick up a unit of Morghasts of your choice for a punchier, faster hammer with some neat abilities (disabling CA's, Deepstrike), and bringing the second unit of Morteks up to 20. There are so many powerful AoE buffs in the list courtesy of Katakros and Zandtos, it feels like maximising the targets that these can hit may be better in the long run that the output of the second Crawler, as well as increasing the usefulness of your recursion abilities.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Expendable Grunt said:

My only possible suggestion would be to drop a Crawler and the Deathriders, in order to pick up a unit of Morghasts of your choice for a punchier, faster hammer with some neat abilities (disabling CA's, Deepstrike), and bringing the second unit of Morteks up to 20. There are so many powerful AoE buffs in the list courtesy of Katakros and Zandtos, it feels like maximising the targets that these can hit may be better in the long run that the output of the second Crawler, as well as increasing the usefulness of your recursion abilities.

The Morghasts are definitely a unit I want to try out, but currently I have two Crawlers painted and zero Morghasts, so that's what I will try first. But Morghasts do look really appealing to me right now. Too bad the cooler looking build (Archai) is the worse one.

For AoE buffs, I think it's reasonable to expect almost every unit to get Katakros buff at all times, but I only expect one unit to benefit from Zandtos buff most of the time (except Zandtos himself). One reason being that I think I really need to reduce complexity in order to be able to play this army effectively, with all the decisions that need to be made all the time. I like the Zandtos +1 to wound bubble because it's basically free, dependable and happens in the combat phase, not so much because it can tag lots of units at once.

I might try a 1000 point version of the list soon to start, although Katakros lists don't really play the same without him:

Spoiler

- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders

Battleline
10 x Mortek Guard (150)
10 x Mortek Guard (150)

Artillery
Mortek Crawler (200)

Total: 990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Wounds: 59
Drops: 6

I'm back.  Thinking about a different version of the list above.  Thoughts?

Katakros
Mir Kainan
20 Mortek Guard
3 Immortis Guard
3 Necropolis Stalkers
Kainan's Reapers

Gothizzar Harvester
Soulstealer Carrion

It comes to 1,780 points.  Now I have 4 options:

1) 3 more Immortis Guard to make the unit 6 models
2) 3 more Necropolis Stalkers to make that unit 6 models
3) A 2nd unit of Immortis Guard
4) a 2nd unit of Necropolis Stalkers

Each has its benefits.  The bigger unit use buffs better and are harder to remove.  However, the smaller units are more flexible.  Thoughts?  I'm leaning towards a 2nd unit of Stalkers at the moment.

39 minutes ago, Emissary said:

I'm back.  Thinking about a different version of the list above.  Thoughts?

Katakros
Mir Kainan
20 Mortek Guard
3 Immortis Guard
3 Necropolis Stalkers
Kainan's Reapers

Gothizzar Harvester
Soulstealer Carrion

It comes to 1,780 points.  Now I have 4 options:

1) 3 more Immortis Guard to make the unit 6 models
2) 3 more Necropolis Stalkers to make that unit 6 models
3) A 2nd unit of Immortis Guard
4) a 2nd unit of Necropolis Stalkers

Each has its benefits.  The bigger unit use buffs better and are harder to remove.  However, the smaller units are more flexible.  Thoughts?  I'm leaning towards a 2nd unit of Stalkers at the moment.

My first reaction was also a second unit of Stalkers, just to have another unit that can actually go somewhere and hit stuff. Surprisingly, though, they don't hit quite as hard as I thought. Maybe one unit of 6 would be better?

EDIT: Actually, never mind. I had a 5+ ward turned on in the damage calculator. 2x3 seems good.