Let's Chat: Skaeth's Hunt

AthelLoren

Who's excited for Beastgrave? Me! I figured it would be a nice idea to put up this topic beforehand, so everyone can share their thoughts on the models and how they will play. Until they are released, we can't exactly talk about strategy, so might as well fill that empty space until then. Personally, i'm digging the whole mohawks theme, along with the warmer colors. The models seem very dynamic to me, and their whole centaur/faun theme is just what I was looking for in the Asrai.

• 1 month later...

If the inspire condition revealed in the "Let's play" for the lion beast is the same for the whole warband then they feel like the Beast Grave version of the Fyreslayers. The condition is:

"This Fighter has a charge token at the end of a phase"

Unless they change the wording in the Beast Grave rulebook then they won't inspire until the end of the 4th activation of Round 1 (as that is the end of the Action Phase). I hope they have stats that will enable them to survive that long!

• Like 1

The leader and one of the bros have ranged weapons, so them charging on 1 is pretty easy. The melee guys, a bit more difficult without getting too risky. 

Remember, there might also be Ploys that place Charge tokens. Perhaps something like Sprint that gives a huge boost but places a Charge Token at the end, but we'll have to wait and see.

There is a full spoiler available if you know where to look for it...

They have a lot of great Surge cards, and it seems like they can easily score stuff like Cover Ground, Longstrider, and Keep Them Guessing. They seem to play very similar to Spiteclaw's Swarm (5 dudes, very fast & fragile) but they trade the ability to respawn dudes for access to some magic and ranged attacks.

3 hours ago, PJetski said:

There is a full spoiler available if you know where to look for it...

They have a lot of great Surge cards, and it seems like they can easily score stuff like Cover Ground, Longstrider, and Keep Them Guessing. They seem to play very similar to Spiteclaw's Swarm (5 dudes, very fast & fragile) but they trade the ability to respawn dudes for access to some magic and ranged attacks.

Nobody is scoring Cover Ground in Beastgrave, at least not in competitive play.

6 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Their fighter cards are surprisingly powerful, not what I was expecting at all. 

As a regular Spiteclaw's Swarm player I can see they're strong... Fast, versatile, with correct damage and good mechanics. Seems very interesting !

And all of them are hunters, except the cat...

• 3 weeks later...

I think they look pretty cool aesthetically, except for the tails. Skaeth looks super good, and the cat looks good. But the other 3 I just can't do the tails. Without the tails I think they'll look a lot better. 

How does the band compare to other bands? they seem good, but not great to me, which is just fine. the Grymwatch seem way to good and I'm not a fan of that. 

I played my first game with the hunt this morning.  A bit of a glass hammer.  A few good crit from armies with 3+ damage will wipe them out.  Speed is great and the variety of affects at range (spells/weapons) were effective (2 shots, push, heal, incr strength).   I picked up more glory than I planned vs. Spiteclaw.  I agree, vs a tougher for it may be a challenge.  Skaeth +1 damage on the javelin on the charge is solid after he inspires.  Also shield slash.