Stormcast Height vs humans

The Cranky Dwarf

I'll step out of this thread then. Carry on, I'll be over at the Freeguild side of things!

And Kramer, I suspect you're right, unmitigated praise and umitigated criticism are probably as entertaining to read, sorry for that.

As for xking, please note that I am not disrespectful to people, other than the committee who came up with the Stormcast global design and presentation in the lore, I am just disrespectful to figures made of ink in books and plastic in kits. I'll step out of this thread though, so you won't need to read my views anymore here.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

And Kramer, I suspect you're right, unmitigated praise and umitigated criticism are probably as entertaining to read, sorry for that.

To be honest I thought we were having a laugh on both ends 😅 Sorry if that was not the case, I don't agree with you but I did like the colorful language 

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

I'll step out of this thread then. Carry on, I'll be over at the Freeguild side of things!

As for xking, please note that I am not disrespectful to people, other than the committee who came up with the Stormcast global design and presentation in the lore, I am just disrespectful to figures made of ink in books and plastic in kits. I'll step out of this thread though, so you won't need to read my views anymore here.

No come back. For once, I'm not the only one being obnoxious and it feels good :D

But yeah, SCE are developping a darker side the more the lore is being advanced. I don't really care, I'm an Old world die hard supporter anyway!

Edited by Maturin

2 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Well good thing they did, because otherwise I would not have returned to Warhammer after 15 years. I love every single model and they are in my eyes some of the best designs GW ever did. Plus I love huge shoulderpads, so what you gonna do :D 

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

To be honest I thought we were having a laugh on both ends 😅 Sorry if that was not the case, I don't agree with you but I did like the colorful language 

I also enjoy the banter, but do feel that if someone takes offense, it is best to just take a step back.

I try to keep my language as colourful as possible, with a penchant for a particular greenish shade of mauve. I could just say I don't like anything, but that sparks joy to neither the writer nor the reader.

3 hours ago, Maturin said:

No come back. For once, I'm not the only one being obnoxious and it feels good :D

But yeah, SCE are developping a darker side the more the lore is being advanced. I don't really care, I'm an Old world die hard supporter anyway!

I have never played in the Old World, having only started at the end of may, but I do like quite a few things about it.

I know I can be obnoxious, and prefer not to get to the point where people feel they are personally attacked, it seems I have slipped a bit past that.

I like darker lore, the bits I read were a bit too heroic, too 10 year old boy describing his dreams. There is a lot that can be done with the Stormcast to at least make their lore appealing, even if the shoulderpads look a bit as if Sigmar was creating chaos warriors, and the female Stormcast have heels.

Stormcast can be made a lot better by cutting their shoulderpads off, fixing their colours and of course feathered hats:

No big pauldron Stormcasts.jpg

2 hours ago, Naem said:

Well good thing they did, because otherwise I would not have returned to Warhammer after 15 years. I love every single model and they are in my eyes some of the best designs GW ever did. Plus I love huge shoulderpads, so what you gonna do :D 

Well, I am going to wish you good luck with them, and wish you may once have the vision to convert to feathered hats, poofy pants and glorious facial hair, so there! 

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I also enjoy the banter, but do feel that if someone takes offense, it is best to just take a step back.

I try to keep my language as colourful as possible, with a penchant for a particular greenish shade of mauve. I could just say I don't like anything, but that sparks joy to neither the writer nor the reader.

Dude, you didn't insult anyone, people just have to get thicker skin, it's really annoying all those "I'm offended" crowd.

41 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I have never played in the Old World, having only started at the end of may, but I do like quite a few things about it.

Then go read old world tales and play at least WFB 8th edition before you even dare talk back to me you obnoxious giant gouda eating obnoxious punk! 😛

48 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I like darker lore, the bits I read were a bit too heroic, too 10 year old boy describing his dreams.

You'd have the same in the old world setting too. If you read some novels portraying some elven or human protagonist, sometimes either plot armor was 10m thick, or they were almost godlike for who they were (if compared to tabletop for ex). You've got the same problem with 40k and Space Marines. The eponym video-game was awesome, but let's be real, tabletop wise, a single SM captain couldn't defeat a whole xenos army.

48 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

even if the shoulderpads look a bit as if Sigmar was creating chaos warriors, and the female Stormcast have heels.

I don't mind the shoulderpads, but all this GW inclusivity, I dislike. But hey, I can't do anything about it (I could honestly swap all those female Sigmarines for males one if somebody wanted to mount an all female force), so I have to bear with it.
Like everybody should be able to bear with your obnoxiousness (is that even a word :D).

Anyway Have fun disliking Sigmar's Poster bois (n gals)

Edited by Maturin

11 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

I have not read much of the lore, because I dislike Sigmar and his marines  Stormcast. I can't get through that and prefer sniffing glue or paint fumes while working on models to reading AoS lore (more productive too).

Why are you even here if you can‘t cope with the old world breaking?

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

Why are you even here if you can‘t cope with the old world breaking?

I don't mind the old world breaking, I never played in it.

I like many of the models, the Sylvaneth story and styling, the Fyreslayers and Kharadron concepts and much of its execution, Tzeench, the whole greenskins deal (especially the goblins), the Idoneth story and styling, the beastmen, the ruleset, but especially the concept of regular humans fighting against all sorts of horrors and sometimes even succeeding.

I hear it has changed in recent lore, but to me the first bits read like a 10 year old describing a superhero story.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 12:41 AM, xking said:

Ray is considered a Mary Sue in Star Wars because she literally picked up a lightsaber and was good enough to fight people who've been training be Jedi for years. 

did you miss the entire opening sequence where she's been a lone scavenger for years and is CLEARLY well-versed in using her staff in combat? that alone would allow her to defend herself against a wounded opponent...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 6:53 AM, zilberfrid said:

I have not read much of the lore, because I dislike Sigmar and his marines  Stormcast. I can't get through that and prefer sniffing glue or paint fumes while working on models to reading AoS lore (more productive too).

Seems like you have 0 reasons to bash on the lore if you don't know most of it.

6 hours ago, Aezeal said:

Seems like you have 0 reasons to bash on the lore if you don't know most of it.

I have read bits, and they were really bad. It was from the start of Age of Sigmar.

Now I have read and watched Twilight because someone convinced me I should before basing that, and I think that lore just about surpassed that writing quality.

Consensus does seem that it picks up in later work, and I might pick up on that, but I did read some 30 pages of unmitigated praise of the superhuman Stormcast before I came to the conclusion. Granted, not as much as the self-torture of Twilight, but I did not really want to inflict that on myself again.

25 minutes ago, Aezeal said:

I know the books at start where terrible... doesn't mean that it's not quite illogical to say "I only know 1% of something but it's terrible"

Let's not fight. With the quality of writing I saw in a few samples, can you fault me for not spending money on it?

The books are audio or paperback, not ebooks. Which is a bit of a waste in my eyes. I am pointed towards Soul Wars, but I first want to focus on free people and actually building my army.