Chaos Command Traits & Artefacts

RuneBrush

for the generals who i use as support i use the lord of war command trait, as you can get a potential +2 to hit combined with the battle trait, an it lasts longer than the battle trait ( until next hero phase ) 

or if the generals going to be on his own doing his own thing great destroyer. as then with the other heroes its a 5+ for +1 to hit for the army. 

not used the others yet.

items i typically use chaos runeblade an talisman, or if i want the hero to live longer ( nurgle/khorne ones typically ) the extra wound

2 hours ago, Arkiham said:

for the generals who i use as support i use the lord of war command trait, as you can get a potential +2 to hit combined with the battle trait, an it lasts longer than the battle trait ( until next hero phase ) 

or if the generals going to be on his own doing his own thing great destroyer. as then with the other heroes its a 5+ for +1 to hit for the army. 

not used the others yet.

items i typically use chaos runeblade an talisman, or if i want the hero to live longer ( nurgle/khorne ones typically ) the extra wound

Funnily enough was thinking Great Destroyer and Talisman could be good.  Tempting to give the Talisman to my Bloodsecrator as it's more essential he survives...

2 hours ago, TrexPushups said:

Chaos runeblade on a skullgrinder seems very nice.

The only thing not amazing about his weapon is it only getting 2 attacks.

I think my only issue with that, is me being a bit ****** about it specifying "blade" and his anvil is a bludgeon :D

15 minutes ago, Nico said:

The one which is -1 to hit for the first battleround for your enemy is massive against some lists (gunlines) - especially if you are alpha striking somehow.

Agreed - against heavy shooting armies (e.g. Wanderers) I reckon it could make a massive difference!  It's almost tempting...  grr too many choices!

Terrifying Presence on a Tzeentch Lord on Daemonic Mount rolling up with Chaos Knights would be -2 bravery.  I can't think of something else that could assist, but if you could manage -3 bravery it could be quite the game changer for some combats.

Lord of War is usually my go to.

Chaos Runeblade is spectacular on anything with a strong weapon already (Shaggy).  

1 minute ago, daedalus81 said:

Terrifying Presence on a Tzeentch Lord on Daemonic Mount rolling up with Chaos Knights would be -2 bravery.  I can't think of something else that could assist, but if you could manage -3 bravery it could be quite the game changer for some combats.

Lord of War is usually my go to.

Chaos Runeblade is spectacular on anything with a strong weapon already (Shaggy).  

Archaon, -2. -4 total.

If you go legacy Crom also provides -2. So -6 total.  

Adreal, 

I played a game tonight with Clan Skryre for the first time using General's Handbook.  Like you, I gave my Arch Warlock and his two Warlock pals Crowns of Command (multiple) as I couldn't see any huge benefit in the other really.  I had a Verminus (3 x 10 Clanrats) Battleline so it helped with that.

I wasn't sure what to take as Command Trait though.  I went with Cunning Deceiver which was totally useless.  Dark Avenger for +1 hit is also useless as I played the Gautfyre Skorch so all my combat units were miles from the General!  Even Lord of War isn't much use with the Lightning Cannons as they don't actually roll to hit.

Skryre could really do with a Battletome ;)

I've been running Lord of War with my wrath of khorne bloodthirster, allowing him to buff 1 of 3-4 units I keep him close to anyway (Skarbrand, insensate rage, daemon Prince, blood letters) and the +1 attack weapon was made to go on the Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage, keep him in range of a bloodsecrator and keep him unwounded and he goes in with 6 attacks with his massive massive axe of doom. 

I'd consider changing up the generals bonus if a tourney allowed changing between games (the two I've been to recently forced a single choice for all 3 games) definitely switch to Dark Avenger if order turn up, and the first turn -1 to hit would make big teleported retributor blocks at least think about coming in. 

I enhanced my Gaunt Summoner by making his Warptongue Blade a Chaos Runeblade.  It give me two attacks.  Complete stroke of luck but it meant that I managed to kill an unharmed Thundertusk Beastrider in one round, and then 2 Mournfang Cavalry in another round before he got brutally mauled.  You should have seen the look on my opponents face though!

I enhanced my Gaunt Summoner by making his Warptongue Blade a Chaos Runeblade.  It give me two attacks.  Complete stroke of luck but it meant that I managed to kill an unharmed Thundertusk Beastrider in one round, and then 2 Mournfang Cavalry in another round before he got brutally mauled.  You should have seen the look on my opponents face though!

Lad!

Archived