The Rumour Thread

36 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

A Firebelly update would be so damn epic. All it takes is a new Priest and 2 new units or even just a sprue upgrade kit for the NEW Gluttons and Ironguts!!

Yes they would be perfect for some formation style boxes. Same with Gitmob, Spiderfang. Maybe even do a multifaction Bonesplitterz unit for IJ and KB just to keep their spirit alive.

4 hours ago, Ookami said:

KO have aetheric navigators for at least unbinding enemy spells. And I hope they will remain spell in the bottle to have access to endless spells.

Also, I don’t know about allies system in 4th edition, yet if it is still there, we can access allied wizards and at least them taking common lores. 

Just a guess though.

Ah I didn't know about those mechanics that's pretty cool

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

A Firebelly update would be so damn epic. All it takes is a new Priest and 2 new units or even just a sprue upgrade kit for the NEW Gluttons and Ironguts!!

I will say, reimagined "dragon ogors" would feel right at home with new firebellies

11 hours ago, ArtistDog said:

Add me to the chorus of people really excited for 4th Edition both in rules & models! 

On another topic, I've been painting some Sacrosanct SCE while I've got the interest and I'd forgotten how poorly suited to speedpaints they are with the all of big flat cloth surfaces. I have to admit the sculpts from Dominion, Leviathan, & the upcoming Skaven all seem pretty well-suited to Contrast in comparison. I know some people dislike the amount of modeled detail on modern GW miniatures, but I do think it's an intentional choice to go along well with these paints and it does make sense to me. 

Contrasts were released after that box, isn't it? I also noticed a shift in the sculpting to "empower" that kind of paints.

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Great post!

But we all know that some factions will have their battletome almost at the end of the edition cycle, so they are stuck with the index for a long time.

The index system is a great tool to do a rules reset, which I agree was needed with AoS 3rd. But they could have easly done a Grand Alliance book as TOW did with Forces of Fantasy and Ravening hordes, which are full armylists with loads of options and still arn't many pages. But it's a business thing, if they provide the full package at start, they can't sell a battletome each edition...

But the biggest problems I had was the meaningless of heroes, especially foot heroes. This doesn't seem to be fixed with the rules we know sofar. 😉

TOW gives a lot of options. It's not only that. I don't agree with your claim that it doesn't push you in a direction First your wizards aren't clones, they are individuals, that dabt in different magic directions, an illusionist, a battle wizard, an elementalist and etc... It creates immense potential for background stories, to make your wizards unique. In AoS, the wizards of your army all studied the same thing. It's just wizard 1 and 2, or maybe even wizard 3. Nothing special about it. They all have acces to the same spells. Perfect replaceable and zero tactical choice for where to place wizard 1 or 2, as they are clones all knowing the same stuff.

What I see here is a fundamentally different approach to the game. I'm thinking about the army as a whole, you're thinking about individual characters. By forcing you to choose one lore for your army in AoS it encourages you to play in a certain way that takes advantage of those spells. It's very similar to choosing a sub faction. If the lores are written well it can help the player to lean into the play style of a particular faction or subfaction. 

The old world way lets you lean into creating interesting individual characters. It's true that you can make interestingly unique heroes, but how does that play into the theme of the army overall army? 

The other important thing to point out is that they haven't really  talked about path to glory at all yet. The only thing I've heard mentioned is that it will focus on hero progression. Maybe that's the way you get unique heroes who are supremely powerful in combat. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I agree, yes the rules have been really good so far. But to me rules are really not that important. At the end i am still collecting miniatures first. But ok, lets not dwell on this for too long.

Yeah, but for some users it is the other way around. Minis are secondary and just an instrument to win games.

3 hours ago, cyrus said:

I would love a firebellis concept army and we are in asqhy the realm of fire 🔥 

Don't forget that we will also be in Ghyran as its minor importance partner! In fact the mat mentioned in the Adepticon was said to be Aqshy on one side and Ghyran on the other.

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

I‘ll skip this box. All I need is the riders and the beast. At 124€ incl. discount there’s just too mich trash paper I am supposed to pay for.

You could sell the bits you don't want easily for 80-90 €. I would go for it!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

Yes they would be perfect for some formation style boxes. Same with Gitmob, Spiderfang. Maybe even do a multifaction Bonesplitterz unit for IJ and KB just to keep their spirit alive.

I think releasing something for BS would just be more hurtful than anything.

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I think we'll have the following pattern from Monday models through to the 4th edition box's reveal :

• 22 April : skaven model
  • 29 April : SE model
  • 6 May : skaven model
  • week 16-19 May : full box reveal

So we'll have had 3 units revealed for SE and skavens each before the complete box.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Contrasts were released after that box, isn't it? I also noticed a shift in the sculpting to "empower" that kind of paints.

I don’t know… I use a lot of contrasts and while I’m not any kind of expert painter, I can usually get decent results. Scales, fur, leather, bone - these are all “easy” surfaces to work with and so Seraphon or OBR are indeed Contrast-friendly. But hanging additional trinkets on an armour-clad and cloaked human model does not make it easier to use contrasts. I would argue that it is in fact more difficult, as contrasts are not necessarily well suited for such density of different textures, materials and elements.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I think releasing something for BS would just be more hurtful than anything.

The Brute Wrekkaz are basicly already just Bonesplitterz, it already happened before. Some say the same about the KB warband.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

The Brute Wrekkaz are basicly already just Bonesplitterz, it already happened before. Some say the same about the KB warband.

How so on wrekkaz?

Monsta killaz have been my least favorite Kruleboyz release. I can see the corelation there, and much prefer the other designs, but not so much on wrekkaz. 

Perhaps I've missed something. 

39 minutes ago, Draznak said:

I think we'll have the following pattern from Monday models through to the 4th edition box's reveal :

• 22 April : skaven model
  • 29 April : SE model
  • 6 May : skaven model
  • week 16-19 May : full box reveal

So we'll have had 3 units revealed for SE and skavens each before the complete box.

Yeah. Makes sense.

21 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

But that are "uncovered" BS, not 100% BS. That's what I meant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

How so on wrekkaz?

Monsta killaz have been my least favorite Kruleboyz release. I can see the corelation there, and much prefer the other designs, but not so much on wrekkaz. 

Perhaps I've missed something. 

I think he's refering to the fact that Wekkas are Orks who get brain fried by the Waagh! magic and becoming  "wonky" as the others call screaming gibberish, vomiting green bile & lashing out in a frenzy

before they run into the wild (to become a bonesplitterz) they drag the Weirdnob where they graft & bolt the skull mask onto their heads. This does not cure them quite the opposite and rather enhance the frenzy as they now see the world around them as a flaming green inferno each enemy a ember as the Wrekkaz throw themselves to extinguish the fire

Ironjawzork.jpg.4a6d04c0514aa48fdcba78b8248b68a8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

30 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I think he's refering to the fact that Wekkas are Orks who get brain fried by the Waagh! magic and becoming  "wonky" as the others call screaming gibberish, vomiting green bile & lashing out in a frenzy

before they run into the wild (to become a bonesplitterz) they drag the Weirdnob where they graft & bolt the skull mask onto their heads. This does not cure them quite the opposite and rather enhance the frenzy as they now see the world around them as a flaming green inferno each enemy a ember as the Wrekkaz throw themselves to extinguish the fire

Ironjawzork.jpg.4a6d04c0514aa48fdcba78b8248b68a8.jpg

Yes this. Thanks for saving me some time :). 

This bit can easily be used to discribe a Bonesplitterz Orruk. Just in an earlier state of fully becoming one. They also represent this on the models by making them lose a bunch of armour.

Edit: looked it up anyway XD.

Got this from the store:

This multipart plastic kit builds three Weirdbrute Wrekkaz – berserker orruks infused with magical madness. These fearless fighters race into battle without the heavy breastplates worn by most Ironjawz, wielding deadly chain-smasha flails. Each Wrekka wears a terrifying Weirdbrute mask of iron and bone – the kit includes six different masks for your orruks, allowing you to customise your maniacal mob.

This bit is from warcom:

Sometimes, the storm of Waaagh! energy that swirls around an orruk battle can send some boyz off the deep end, and they end up in a unit of Weirdbrute Wrekkaz. The only thing they’re good for is bolting on an iron mask and swinging a heavy ball-and-chain, which is a task their fellow Ironjawz are only too happy to set them to.

(random excuse for artwork)

OrrukBrutesbyDiana-MartinezonDeviantArt.jpeg.f9e1583def5e3388d2b3c55046d7af9b.jpeg

Bonesplitterz:

Bonesplitterz are a type of wild bands of Orruks driven mad by the thrumming power of Gorkamorka. Guided by mysterious shamans that are believed to speak directly to Gorkamorka, they hunt the great beasts of the Mortal Realms so they can slay them and absorb the spiritual might of their god, which they believe is bound within the creatures bones. These savage orruks are unpredictable and difficult to best in combat, not only because of their lack of organisation and tactics but also in toughness and sheer single-mindedness. The orruks of these wild bands are possessed by the power of the Waaagh!, unable to fully revert to what is considered normal.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 3

Yep that’s even in the OG Bonesplitterz tome from 2016.

A force of highly disciplined ‘Ardboyz were fighting a horde of Bloodletters and keeping tight ranks but were slowly getting overwhelmed by the daemons who had ripped a portal open nearby so they just kept swarming through.

Then a horde of wild Bonesplitterz charged in and their mad energy destabilized the daemons enough that the orruks overwhelmed them But it was so infectious that even the disciplined ‘Ardboyz began ripping off their armor and running wild with the Bonesplitterz as they heard the drums of Gorkamorka pound in their heads drowning out their thoughts.

Wrekkaz felt A Lot like that Bonesplitterz flavor incorporated into the Ironjawz. I imagine we’ll see more of that as the force grows between heavy infantry, giant monsters and more “weird boyz” shaman brutes.

Also someone mentioned contrasts on the new stuff?

Painters are showing off Darkoath on Twitter and they’re gorgeous! 🤩

Absolutely love the energy of the models and dynamic posing AoS gives them so every model down to the skirmishing basic infantry stands out like this in battle because wow!

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

14 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

We doing Aqshy again right? Lets just go with a whole new firebellies subfaction in the realm of fire.

I remember when people said that Era of Beast lead to a Beastmen update. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

It possible that there could be more Weirdnob units in the future and they become like Beast Snaggas but for Ironjawz.

• Like 4