The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/16/kit-focus-these-versatile-darkoath-miniatures-have-sworn-an-oath-to-customisation/

They keep making me want them. I need to resist because I know they are going to be solo releases later but urgh... this box calls to me. My wallet holds me back.

If you are going to get them in the solo box, then better pick this one for the savings.

Just now, Still-young said:

I’m really excited for these Darkoath kits. I also think GW have been on a hot streak of ‘guy on really tired horse’ models:

IMG_9159.jpeg

IMG_9160.jpeg

IMG_9162.jpeg

Pestilence, Conquest & War. All you need to add it the Knight of shroud and you got the 4 horseman of the apocalypse 

3 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/16/kit-focus-these-versatile-darkoath-miniatures-have-sworn-an-oath-to-customisation/

They keep making me want them. I need to resist because I know they are going to be solo releases later but urgh... this box calls to me. My wallet holds me back.

Also does any of the lega match the rumor engine 

2023-12-21.png.26b7fed1f4cc7f673a8a99756281d217.png

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Pestilence, Conquest & War. All you need to add it the Knight of shroud and you got the 4 horseman of the apocalypse 

Also does any of the lega match the rumor engine 

2023-12-21.png.26b7fed1f4cc7f673a8a99756281d217.png

Ha! I was exactly looking for that!

I think it is this bit here from the Darkoaths on foot:

image.png.e7447900f81652c578b4d35003574e65.png

image.png.cdfc6aee4ace414f28aaeb9baac06d68.png

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Still-young said:

I’m really excited for these Darkoath kits. I also think GW have been on a hot streak of ‘guy on really tired horse’ models:

IMG_9159.jpeg

IMG_9160.jpeg

IMG_9162.jpeg

Horse guy is always a good look

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

If you are going to get them in the solo box, then better pick this one for the savings.

I would love to but they decided to come out before payday. Hopefully get my fix with Gunnar's Oathbound

Edit:Part of why I hope some go in to a spearhead eventually

Edited by Vaellas

11 hours ago, Chikout said:

Anyone notice this from yesterday's painting video? Pretty cool looking map. 

which painting video? the stream?

I need to see the full map GW 😭

8 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

If we think about it, the April Fools joke wouldn't be such a joke but a little easter egg instead. Warps tone jewels? Warstone as a hint for Mordheim and Hellcrown to tell you where it is going to be!

that would be a great subversion of the April Fool's Joke, maybe too good!

3 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Yeah the april fools icon of Hel Crown @Ejecutor right

3gjx4rtr5ni2.jpg.a9e87c17154c469d480fa90397f1a779.jpg

A warcry setting of a former Khorne bastion turn free city in the admist of Vermindoom would be a good setting. Check off all the mordheim vibes

If we get some of the surviving citizens trying to fight for their slowly crumbling city (on terrain based off that) to go with that, I'm a 100% in.

And any setting at this point will be better than Gnarlwood for the 1000th time :D

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

Over 30 heads for Marauders!? These kits are incredible!! By Crom if I didnt have my own Little Glutton on the way Id be very tempted!!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Flippy said:

I guess that's the main point... but it is kinda funny to witness this change of approach. Not very long ago SCE were "totally not SM" and I would bet that any suggestion they should get Ecclesiarchy-like companions would be promptly stomped into ground. Now, with Reclusians revealed, most people are suddenly fine with "fantasy Space Marines".

again I think the main problem is that GW already cornered themselves in 40k for "baroque, gothic hero", which sadly means when they actually use it for fantasy... it's hard not to think of 40k. We'll have to see more of the new kits to get a better idea of whether this is a bigger move back towards SM or if it's only the Ruination Chamber aesthetic that will feel like this :/

7 hours ago, Flippy said:

We're laughing now, but the AoS Horus may already be walking the Mortal Realms. 

BeLakor? None of the Stormcast fit, which is part of the point of how they're chosen.

let Death or Chaos have their own schism war.

7 hours ago, Davariel said:

The idea of a full SCE army with just two or three ordinary humans tagging along, though? I can't help but think they'll look a bit out of place.

this is why i'm thinking/hoping 4e will allow COS and Stormcast to army soup a little bit as a treat!

edit: no book souping

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

again I think the main problem is that GW already cornered themselves in 40k for "baroque, gothic hero", which sadly means when they actually use it for fantasy... it's hard not to think of 40k. We'll have to see more of the new kits to get a better idea of whether this is a bigger move back towards SM or if it's only the Ruination Chamber aesthetic that will feel like this :/

BeLakor? None of the Stormcast fit, which is part of the point of how they're chosen.

let Death or Chaos have their own schism war.

this is why i'm thinking/hoping 4e will allow COS and Stormcast to soup a little bit as a treat!

Let's join the two biggest order factions together! What could go wrong?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

“We’re removing Sacrosanct to fight bloat!” 

Looks inside Battletome

Bloat

IMG_3150.webp

Edited by ScionOfOssia
Formatting
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Full on "everything goes" soup would be pretty bloat-y and a nightmare to balance.

A less restricted way to include Cities units in SCE and Stormcast in CoS that isn't just the base Allies system, with thematic rules? Still interesting in terms of balance, but it would be pretty cool.

Edited by Asbestress
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Over 30 heads for Marauders!? These kits are incredible!! By Crom if I didnt have my own Little Glutton on the way Id be very tempted!!

Don't fret @KingBrodd, I will purchase and post pictures of the completed kit so that you may focus on the Prince/Princess of All Gargants.

1 hour ago, Vaellas said:

These kits are so good it making me (almost) want to abandon LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! to focus solely on my Tzeentch+Slaanesh chaos horde.

7 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Devil is in the details:

image.png.ef87547a032a56ad0771332e8ea135a3.png

Permission to steal this incredible idea for my own @Ejecutor?

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

These kits are so good it making me (almost) want to abandon LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! to focus solely on my Tzeentch+Slaanesh chaos horde.

I know that feeling :P I bought Fangs of the Blood Queen then when the Darkoath were announced I returned the box right away to start towards Darkoath funds.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Don't fret @KingBrodd, I will purchase and post pictures of the completed kit so that you may focus on the Prince/Princess of All Gargants.

Permission to steal this incredible idea for my own @Ejecutor?

Go for it. I was just having fun based on the previous edit we had with Abraxia.