The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

With the dwarfs announced, do we know any rumours about who‘s up for their Old World spotlight next? 

There's one theory about the TOW rulebook cover pic and the placement of the different factions shields. So the pairings would be Wood vs Goats, Helves vs Chaos and Imperium on its own riot. Nothing specific about the order. My bet is Goat going out next to calm down the waters.

13 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

So the pairings would be Wood vs Goats, Helves vs Chaos and Imperium on its own riot. Nothing specific about the order. My bet is Goat going out next to calm down the waters.

WE vs BM is a classic fantasy matchup, same for WoC vs HE albeit the big enemy for WoC always was Empire and for HE, Dark Elves. But those 2 factions have some beef together too. Wasn't there a HE navy army list in Storm of Chaos that were specifically there in the lore to help fight Archaon ? Named the Lothern sea patrol or something ?

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite

13 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Ghothgull Hollow and Briadark are both excellent reads. I must get onto Black Eyed Saint.

Even though it doesnt come under the Horror banner, Gloomspite by Andy Clarke is absolutely terrifying and shows that the Gitz are truly more scary than their comedic antics would lead you to believe.

Loved Ghothgul and Briardark. Been waiting for Black Eyed Saint to go on sale.
Did not know that about Gloomspite, but I do have it so will def give that a listen soon :)

Also pre orders soon! I am kinda hoping for the Darktide hero box to be revealed to come next week

• LOVE IT! 1

Just 40k for models I'm afraid, but the novels Dead Kingdom and Children of Teclis are dropping as well.

Meanwhile, we dive headlong into Warhammer Age of Sigmar as more reveals of new rules, new miniatures, and a few surprises begin the road to the new edition in earnest. It’ll be your first chance to see some of the new Skaven.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

2 minutes ago, Luperci said:

it really is insane to me that they're now releasing the one new kit with the codex in presumably £130+ battleforces

Yep. I want that damn Mek. This is why I see box splitters as a service. To the eBay mobile! 🏎️

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi

So now it's time to start guessing what skavens will be revealed tomorrow!

I keep thinking this month we'll have clanrats and clawlord reveals. But tomorrow will most probably be clanrats. My reasoning being that:

1) You just anounced a big chop-chop on the battleline stuff. Confirm that nothing is going away.

2) Fantasy marines got battleline, show the other battleline

3) Makes early marketing easier to have already showed all the troop stuff

4) "some of the new skaven" implies multiple skaven, and clanrats are the only thing that is spamed on this box

I may be wrong, tho. Also, please Warcom, do the reveal on the proper channels this time.

Edited by Garrac

20 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Well guess we have another week till DB6. New Skaven is good news wondering if we're doing new Rat ogre or a Stormvermin 

Two thing aside

1. is all the Warcry Warband gone for good never sold elsewhere or are they just not playable in Slave to darkness? Im getting conflicting answer?
  2. With beastmen gone  I don't have such strong feeling towards since I don't collect them (consolation to those who do) but i will say this I'm a bit sad that monsters are gone I really hope down the line we get out AOS Monster arcanum to add some variety of monsters and beast of the realms. Give Tzeentch a Cocaktrice, Stormcast a Star Wyrm, Flesh eater Preyton  & ogres Cerberus polar bears 

MONSTROUS ARCANUM

Edited by Dragon-knight77