The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

I don't know why GW are moving away from the more mutated, cosmic and body horror aspects of Chaos, but I wish some of it would come back.

Totally agree. I specifically loved that about Cult of the Possessed in Mordheim. I'd love to see some more of that side of things.
Maybe her spear is the narrative gateway to these models coming down the pipe in the future?

13 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

Abraxia is a decent model, but it's honestly kind of generic, and with a helmeted head could honestly just be any old Chaos Lord on a big lizard. 

Imo they should of just gone for a fully mutated Dragon Like Gaulruch from WHFB, with insane mutations, wings and a proper name. The Lizard mount thing STD have going on is alright, but pretty generic and not exciting. Compare that to some of the insane stuff in the Tamukhan book or the Horrific monstrosities in WHFB and 40k art and it's kind of lame. 

I don't know why GW are moving away from the more mutated, cosmic and body horror aspects of Chaos, but I wish some of it would come back.

She's an elite varanguard who themselves are elites who haven't given themselves to any particular god. The body horror, cosmic mutated stuff is more associated with the particular gods. Check out the recent Tzeentch Underworlds warband as an example or any nurgle model ever. 

Also when it comes to Abraxia check out her leg armour and compare it to the other Varanguard. It's definitely more feminine. I also  agree about the breastplate and the face. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sarges said:

GW, please.

Forsaken_29.jpg

I'm totally picking up a box of them when The Old World gets around to it. 

It's something I felt when the new Darkoaths surfaced... Chaos is becoming increasingly un-chaotic. I don't approve. I want dark, baroque madness with tentacles! 

Edited by Big Kim Woof-Woof

So with the revelation we're probably getting terrain in the big box, I'm assuming we'll get something similar to the Extremis Starter Set - 2 wall sections, 2 terrain features, or get something similar to 40K Ultimate Starter Set - 3 wall sections and a building.

If we're getting terrain features, what kind might we get? 🤷‍♂️

Be nice to get one for each side, maybe some weird jutting Skaven structure busting from the ground, and a large Stormcast statue?

2 minutes ago, Garrac said:

New piece of art dropped. That rat with stick looks... Diferent. Looks like a new master moulders to me.

RDT_20240324_1350184272070628550181333.jpg

I tweaked the contrast a bit to make it clearer. image(6).png.c394bb191cfcf7f0b972edfcfe65520d2.png.38112d3a6e24489e352759e7b3e36db9.png

Those two steelhelms are in a spot of bother. That does look like a new Skaven character. Are we still worried about 4th edition art? Both these pieces are great. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

21 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

So with the revelation we're probably getting terrain in the big box, I'm assuming we'll get something similar to the Extremis Starter Set - 2 wall sections, 2 terrain features, or get something similar to 40K Ultimate Starter Set - 3 wall sections and a building.

If we're getting terrain features, what kind might we get? 🤷‍♂️

Be nice to get one for each side, maybe some weird jutting Skaven structure busting from the ground, and a large Stormcast statue?

If we get so little few, I am not expecting mixed terrain from both factions. probably GW would continue their "Dawnbringers" building to give a rounded city.

30 minutes ago, Sarges said:

GW, please.

Forsaken_29.jpg

I'm genuinely surprised anybody likes these. If I was making a personal top ten of worst gw sculpts these guys would be in there with the razorgor, old Nagash  and the current bullgors (who definitely win most disappointing as I love monitaurs as a concept). 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I tweaked the contrast a bit to make it clearer. image(6).png.c394bb191cfcf7f0b972edfcfe65520d2.png.38112d3a6e24489e352759e7b3e36db9.png

Those two steelhelms are in a spot of bother. That does look like a new Skaven character. Are we still worried about 4th edition art? Both these pieces are great. 

Yeah. The art direction of those two pieces is radically different. Imo this is the style that fits better the game.

• Like 5

Just now, Chikout said:

I'm genuinely surprised anybody likes these. If I was making a personal top ten of worst gw sculpts these guys would be in there with the razorgor, old Nagash  and the current bullgors (who definitely win most disappointing as I love monitaurs as a concept). 

Different people, different tastes. I also prefer the closer-to-normal mortals approach, but I understand not everyone has the same taste. Also, add Allarielle (WHFB) to that list of the top 10 worst minis.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

There are a few good bits for conversions though. And at least they look better than the previous version of CSM possessed (which is not a big accomplishment).

5 minutes ago, Ragest said:

The want to break the stock record of dominion adding scenery into the starter box or what.

It would depend on the scenery. For example, the Kill Team box with Orks and Krieg + Scenery. All new a cool. A bestseller. They just have to do the same.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The one with the chunky butterfly wings and the weird face.

Ohh. Yes. It is super cursed. Iconic like old Nagash... but cursed lol.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

It would depend on the scenery. For example, the Kill Team box with Orks and Krieg + Scenery. All new a cool. A bestseller. They just have to do the same.

And worst case if they derp it up or you've already got eleventy-seven tables worth, slap it on eBay for some newbies to grab for their starter tables.

12 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

but the thing is i want the plastics of the box in miniatures not in scenary, they can add the scenary in the little boxes not in the big one

36 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Imo that stick is similar to the packmasters from IoB, but the backpack fits more on a warlock?