The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

What does that mean, something like extra format-specific allegiance abilities for each box?

They come with "combat patrol rules" that are only used in that format, independent of the codex rules, to balance the difference in points that comes inside.

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

What does that mean, something like extra format-specific allegiance abilities for each box?

40k Combat Patrol is its own gamemode that mostly uses the normal 40k rules but uses preconstructed army lists made from the combat patrol boxes. The rules for the models and faction rules are slightly different from the normal rules so each combat patrol is balanced against each other. (Though they don't always do a good job with that)

For example the Stormcast might not have all their rules or slightly weaker unit stats while the cities box might get a stronger faction rule than normal or additional unit buffs to even out the forces

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

These boxes are likely to be at different price points, the Cities one has 185€ of models inside while the FEC only has 144€ inside.

Which is kinda strange as all the Combat Patrols and Vanguard sets have been at the same price point (110€ for Vanguards and 125€ for CP)

• Like 1

COS Spearhead looks tasty, was going to hold off to see what the xmas battleforce looked like this year but got mostly everything I need in it, cannon, Marshall on horse and more of those beautiful cavaliers.

Do we know any prices on spearhead yet as they are just sc boxes again aren't they?

I imagine about £65-70? Not including Third party discounts?

Edited by Kempak
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Wait, where is this piece of information coming from?

No you wait 😂

Is this not the case, I’ve heard this mentioned a couple of times now in various places (forums and facebook etc, but not from them, I don’t think gw would ever divulge such information officially), so much so that I’ve just accepted it as a bit of reliable info.

It makes more sense to me than there being two different but somewhat similar Vampires. 

Edited by Kronos
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kronos said:

No you wait 😂

Is this not the case, I’ve heard this mentioned a couple of times now in various places (forums and facebook etc, but not from them so much, I think gw would ever divulge such information officially), so much so that I’ve just accepted it as a bit of reliable info.

It makes more sense to me than there being two different but somewhat similar Vampires. 

I have never hear of this idea. I though it maybe came from a podcast with some GW insider or sculptor, but if it's just facebook rumours, I'm skeptical. Thanks for sharing, though!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have the feeling the spearheads would be in a price range similar to the current Combat Patrols. The CoS one is worth 185 €, with its classic 30% off is 130. Combat Patrols are 125-135 €, so wouldn't surprise me if its price would be 135 as well.

With store discount it would be around 101 - 105 € (in my usual stores), which is a superb deal.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

Just now, Ejecutor said:

I have the feeling the spearheads would be in a price range similar to the current Combat Patrols. The CoS one is worth 185 €, with its classic 30% off is 130. Vanguards are 125-135 €, so wouldn't surprise me if its price would be 135 as well.

With store discount it would be around 101 - 105 € (on my usual stores), which is a superb deal.

It makes me sad sometimes when I see non-UK prices considering the exchange rate.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kempak said:

COS Spearhead looks tasty, was going to hold off to see what the xmas battleforce looked like this year but got mostly everything I need in it, cannon, Marshall on horse and more of those beautiful cavaliers.

Do we know any prices on spearhead yet as they are just sc boxes again aren't they?

I imagine about £65-70? Not including Third party discounts?

I think you're being super optimistic there. More like £95 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

GW leaked a PDF https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/ky07loXaKIGJVfTi.pdf

It says that Big Pigs momemtum is reduced at the end of the round instead each turn.

Other point is that the date is for the 15/02, next Thursday

The date on the URL says 2023/10. So they are the previous FAQs.

Edited by Ejecutor

Just now, Gitzdee said:

Are these spearhead boxes really that different from a vanguard? Seems the same to me.

They are. But combined with the name change, the success of the vanguard format in 40k and the proximity to AoS 4.0, it would seem that GW is making a similar game mode that is easy to jump into.

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Vanguard Spearhead boxes for CoS and FEC.

s9QMz4JrlraSrRBH.jpg

Presence of the Mounted Marshal in the CoS one is quite nice, as I know the price point of him was something of a gripe for a few people.

BZEsxlu79sovV8P4.jpg

Z6NMke8N5Znz95Xx.jpg

Man I was hoping to pick up the Flesh-eater one but I already have the army box and i don't need another 10 Cryptguard nor a Varghulf. I was really hoping to see a more varied box like they did for Soulblight which is probably one of the best ones out there. You can't have everything I guess.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

They are. But combined with the name change, the success of the vanguard format in 40k and the proximity to AoS 4.0, it would seem that GW is making a similar game mode that is easy to jump into.

Its both 3 units and a hero right?

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

I would be thrilled to see indexes for 4th edition. That way i know what models i own are at least supported for another 3 years. I guess we will know soon enough when more tomes are no longer available.

There's been removal of units from the Index in the Codex already in 40k, so I guess a slot in the Index isn't really a sign that the unit is safe.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pitzok said:

Man I was hoping to pick up the Flesh-eater one but I already have the army box and i don't need another 10 Cryptguard nor a Varghulf. I was really hoping to see a more varied box like they did for Soulblight which is probably one of the best ones out there. You can't have everything I guess.

FEC has a problem. The army box released all the new units. Apart from that it is all new heroes. What can you add to the spearhead then? It has to be the same, unless you go into older stuff, which has been in vanguard, combat patrol, battleforces and all the other trillion different names for almost 9 years.