The Rumour Thread

13 hours ago, Caladancid said:

Another interesting part of that rumor conversation is that GW had given up on AoS bc of the bad start and thats why we have had a gap in models. Would actually make sense, and explain why instead of armies we’ve been getting ways to use existing models.  

Well, that guy is me. It's not a rumour, just my thoughts. I suspect that the extremely negative reactions we had at AoS lunch might have had an impact on management and thus AoS future. I wouldn't be much surprised if GH1 was a turning point in AoS future and without it AoS could have become LotR in term of sales and support. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GammaMage said:

She was hanging out with shadow daemons, which makes me think it's likely she will be Chaos aligned. Of course, you can get non-Chaos daemons (see the Seraphon) so she might not be.

Yup she was having a er party with them. 

He discovered many creatures, yet could find none of his kind. Only when Malerion came upon a glade of shadow daemons did he feel a spark of recognition at the center of that bacchanal was his mother. Morathi was still flesh and blood, but changed. Theirs was a reunion full of recriminations and anger. Neither trusted the other, but an uneasy truce was reached. Together they united under sigmar, joining the great alliance. 

Definition. 

a wild gathering involving excessive drinking and promiscuity

a wild and drunken celebration.

I do think she was involved with the capture of slaanesh. Still I think it would be interesting if Tyrion and Malerion have a disagreement over the resurgence of slaanesh. Perhaps Tyrion might ally with sigmar and Malerion might look to ally with Nagash? I think that would be interesting. 

Edited by shinros

42 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Well, that guy is me. It's not a rumour, just my thoughts. I suspect that the extremely negative reactions we had at AoS lunch might have had an impact on management and thus AoS future. I wouldn't be much surprised if GH1 was a turning point in AoS future and without it AoS could have become LotR in term of sales and support. 

Considering there's been multiple pivots in how AoS armies are organised and how battletomes are presented (as well as GHB2016),  I agree that we're definitely at the stage where we're seeing the impacts of post-launch decisions from GW management. 

That said I really doubt AoS is being dropped, this is definitely down to the new 40k. Happens every edition.

• Like 4

We'll get another tome in the Q4, probably a death based one. And then rules for all the Shade-spire models in AoS, which will be cool. Then Nurgle start of the year so that's two factions and a whole companion game in 4-5 months, at a time where the company are rebooting their entire other game, whilst releasing an all time favorite (Necromunda) and supporting the likes of Bloodbowl. 

• Like 1

I suspect we are maybe getting Deathrattle early next year, wasn't expecting it this year. But this is just my guessing, and it could turn out that the Sepulchrul Guard are just an isolated release for Shadespire and they are only giving them AoS rules because the other Shadespire stuff already has.

1 hour ago, ChaosUnited said:

So it’s what you’ve been told, not what you know ;) hope they’re wrong but thanks for sharing regardless ✌?

So unless I've seen the models, or have Jez on speed dial? It's decent source with zero need to make anything up. He's been 100% so far, I've known most of the spoilers on the community site as soon as they have been posted up. 

I'll not bother in the future ¬¬

Maybe Death will have its day around time when the upcoming Malign Portents campaign is released? The teaser gave me sort of "evil spirits" vibe and maybe it's not coincidence that Death herald was  the first one to be shown.

I wish GW would give something for Death, if not only for variety, but so that the more louder part of the faction's playerbase would stop their tiresome moaning. :D

There'll be all sorts of death stuff coming out of Shadespire, surely. Boney minions, heroes, bosses. They will of course make it a gateway drug to AOS by making the new models available for use in both games. 

Personally I'll leave it for now as GW has supplied plenty of other stuff for now to keep me busy. (Firestorm appeals more as its refreshingly free of Stormcast, and gives goodies for goblins.) 

These 'Death Cults' must be mortal humans wishing to become immortal by letting the wraiths have their way with them. For the wraiths I guess its just recruitment policy to raid the willing mortals. Why don't the cultists just leave the city and setup in caves etc, like in Diablo? Maybe they do, and help the wraiths with intelligence, e.g. ways into the mortal cities...

16 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

There'll be all sorts of death stuff coming out of Shadespire, surely. Boney minions, heroes, bosses. They will of course make it a gateway drug to AOS by making the new models available for use in both games. 

Personally I'll leave it for now as GW has supplied plenty of other stuff for now to keep me busy. (Firestorm appeals more as its refreshingly free of Stormcast, and gives goodies for goblins.) 

These 'Death Cults' must be mortal humans wishing to become immortal by letting the wraiths have their way with them. For the wraiths I guess its just recruitment policy to raid the willing mortals. Why don't the cultists just leave the city and setup in caves etc, like in Diablo? Maybe they do, and help the wraiths with intelligence, e.g. ways into the mortal cities...

Well according to Josh Reynolds he has said those who worship nagash get a cool spot in the underworld. Most likely chaos can't get anywhere near your soul and you also become undead. 

1 minute ago, shinros said:

Totally in spear of shadows a nagashite freely gave a vampire his blood to the point of death. That's how er dedicated they are.  

I wouldn't take it that far. Needs to be a reward in it for me. I guess this is why I prefer Destruction :D

Just now, Sheriff said:

I wouldn't take it that far. Needs to be a reward in it for me. I guess this is why I prefer Destruction :D

Well all are one in nagash Sheriff! Does not matter which alliance you prefer. xD  To further the pont they view the body as a meer host for the spirit after the act was done the nagashite's threw his body off the city. (The city is on a giant worm. They were handing out pamphlets before hand.)

1 minute ago, shinros said:

Well all are one in nagash Sheriff! Does not matter which alliance you prefer. xD  To further the pont they view the body as a meer host for the spirit after the act was done the nagashite's threw his body off the city. (The city is on a giant worm. They were handing out pamphlets before hand.)

You've piqued my interest...

I need to read some sigmar books it seems. I want one that includes spiderfang and/or moonclan, that doesn't shove stormcast in my eyes every chapter. I hear the monster one might fit this bill. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sheriff said:

You've piqued my interest...

I need to read some sigmar books it seems. I want one that includes spiderfang and/or moonclan, that doesn't shove stormcast in my eyes every chapter. I hear the monster one might fit this bill. 

Guess what? They are in the book, they are kinda creepy to be honest. After reading that section they need their own tome I thought to myself. 

Edited by shinros