Basing for Warhammer World

B.C.D.

I have a question about basing rules for official WH events and especially WH world. As I know that all the models/miniatures have to be from GW if you want to play at Warhammer world.
Does that also apply to the basing? Do they allow extra bits not made by GW or bases made with greenstuff rollers? How about 3rd party resin bases? How about all other scenic stuff like tufts and so on? Thank you very much for your help :)

Here are the rules: Model-Requirements.pdf

First of all only miniatures are having the rules, the base is exempt. Its written in the rules, last sentence about the miniature parts. I think the point is to make sure that all the stuff you can buy (miniature wise) is from GW and not from other companies.

Second only casted parts are the problem, doing your own parts by modeling  with greenstuff is not an issue even for miniatures. Using special tools shouldn't be an issue here (for example there are some nice tools to create nice looking wires and the like).

PS: Given the rules I think even 3D printing parts could be legal (especially if you designed them yourself) as they are not casted, although I would keep it at a minimum.

The rules on bases has changed over the years.  We've seen a very firm "nothing third-party" to a more relaxed "all cool on basing".  I'd personally go for the middle ground - so avoid completely cast resin bases, but be fine with resin "pieces" and rollers, that way you hopefully have future proofed yourself.

On 4/10/2019 at 3:54 PM, amysrevenge said:

"Is that 3rd party sand?  Send over the in-house geologist."

I would take this job in an instant. I'm sure GW has need for a geologist, right? Forensic basing inspections, plate tectonic maps of the mortal realms, water quality models for Ghyran.

Archived