5kaven5lave

12 hours ago, W1tchhunter said:

Finished some models today for my moulder path to glory list! The broodhorror is going to be a hellpit with the Lumbering Behemoth Trait.

20221221_221013.jpg

20221221_221044.jpg

received_877131896940042.jpeg

received_2145053119012809.jpeg

You know, last time somebody asked me what the best way would be to start with a skaven moulder army.

and this is somewhat what I told him, do exactly what this guy did 3d print your  models😂

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

You know, last time somebody asked me what the best way would be to start with a skaven moulder army.

and this is somewhat what I told him, do exactly what this guy did 3d print your  models😂

Yeah the quality difference is legitimately embarrassing :P

Got a Rat Hydea also, that will be a hellpit with the Accelerated Regeneration Trait :P

Just now, W1tchhunter said:

Yeah the quality difference is legitimately embarrassing :P

Got a Rat Hydea also, that will be a hellpit with the Accelerated Regeneration Trait :P

Perfect,

I personally only own doom flayers, when it comes down to 3d printed minis.

I’m more of a converter.

I love building modes out of other models.

(for example weapon teams out of stormvermin and clanrats with weapon of a mixture between 40k and aos 

So with the new rules for season 2, i'm thinking Slynk gets even better, right?

Take him in the batallion with his pack, use the heroic action to fight in the hero phase (if you're going second, also attack with his pack) then in your combat phase his strike-first cancels out the strike-last and he can attack again before the enemy gets a chance to strike back and then he can retreat. Amaze-balls :)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Cosmicsheep said:

So with the new rules for season 2, i'm thinking Slynk gets even better, right?

Take him in the batallion with his pack, use the heroic action to fight in the hero phase (if you're going second, also attack with his pack) then in your combat phase his strike-first cancels out the strike-last and he can attack again before the enemy gets a chance to strike back and then he can retreat. Amaze-balls :)

I am very sorry to say, and barbitually bummed out, that the fine print in the article says "fun detected"...

image.png.06113a93ec1978f764b752bc078b39c3.png

image.png.1504bf9cecaeecbcd0fbd2c918d9c98d.png

Boooooo

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

I am very sorry to say, and barbitually bummed out, that the fine print in the article says "fun detected"...

image.png.06113a93ec1978f764b752bc078b39c3.png

image.png.1504bf9cecaeecbcd0fbd2c918d9c98d.png

Boooooo

With what has been shown, I can definitely say that this might be the year of deathfrenzied suicidal clawlords.

although this is coming from me not knwoing what the new extra artefacts or special enhancement will look like.

5 hours ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

@Skreech Verminking Perhaps. I'm curious how it will interact with our heroic action to get those free command traits. I'm really hoping we can be persuaded to play more thematic lists more often with stormvermin and clawlords running around. We'll have to wait and see. 

I don’t know if stormvermins will ever see a use in the current edition of aos.

their are just too expensive, and gw currently have shown that they don’t really care to update more then 2-3units per army by about 5-15points.

so the chances are low.

the reason why I think the clawlord can probably use this abilities to his advantage is basically his extra attacks he gains from loosing wounds.

making him the best suicidal bomb.

and this new stuff they have announce will make him an atomic suicidal bomb instead.

personally I hope that some of our other heroes might see some use out of those rules as well.

but Personally I have no idea how the new enhancement will look like or the artefacts they announced.

Maybe we might get something that one of these smaller heroes can take to support their bodyguards or friendly units.

or maybe it is just something to make a blender unit out of the smaller heroes 

• Like 1

Rumors for points are up:

Skaven
Plagueclaw -15
Stormvermin -5
Doomwheel -5
Hell Pit Abom. -35
Arch-Warlock -5
Death Master -5
Grey Seer -5
Skritch -15
Slynk -5
Bombardier -5
Engineer -5
Grey Seer on bell -45
Plague Priest on Furnace -35
Thanquol +15
Warbringer +5
Doon Flayer -5
Gutter Runners -5
Packmasters -5
Rat Swarms +5
Ratling Gun -5
Acolytes -5
Warp grinder -5
bell of Doom -20

Any opinions?

@Skreech Verminking I'm mostly looking at the big peices. Screaming Bell, can't be fixed with points. HPA, is looking super fine, running 3 of them in a fun list doesn't hurt as much. Price reduction on a a Plague Furnace?! Ooh yeah baby lets go. Warbringer looks fine. Thanquol still rockin'. 

If theres ANY downward movement on weapon teams or base troops, its value town. I feel every single list idea out there is chomping at the bit to add more of the same unit and so each decrease is multiplicative (ie you're love of weapon teams). 

I do hope they price our endless spells as a whole more aggressively, I would hope Vermitide can make it passively in lists since its thematic. 

4 hours ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

@Skreech Verminking I'm mostly looking at the big peices. Screaming Bell, can't be fixed with points. HPA, is looking super fine, running 3 of them in a fun list doesn't hurt as much. Price reduction on a a Plague Furnace?! Ooh yeah baby lets go. Warbringer looks fine. Thanquol still rockin'. 

If theres ANY downward movement on weapon teams or base troops, its value town. I feel every single list idea out there is chomping at the bit to add more of the same unit and so each decrease is multiplicative (ie you're love of weapon teams). 

I do hope they price our endless spells as a whole more aggressively, I would hope Vermitide can make it passively in lists since its thematic. 

The screaming bell probably can be fixed with points.

but it would need a reduction of about a 150points to be just barely considerable to be taken in a list.

And even then, I’m not certain if we will see even one of those models.

Maybe one, for that juicy plus 2 to cast.

but for everything else he seems worthless.

As for the rest of the points, I don’t mind the point changes, but do have to say this, unless you’re spamming those units, it’s not really going to be helpful for any other non spammed army build lists.

our endless spells are suffering right bow pretty hard.

the bell fo doom got s good reduction yet in my eyes probably needs another 20points reduction to be considered well interesting to take.

And the swarm of rats definitely is  in need of a points decrease.

the warplightning vortex in my oppinion is on the other hand fine.

The reduction on doomwheels was in my oppinion just sad.

and that the deathmaster stayed at a 145point just tells me that gw doesn’t know what to do with him

@Skreech Verminking Gonna have to disagree on the screaming bell, although the points your brought up about it would be my evidence as to why. When has GW dropped a model that many points you think? 

I just have to lay back and remind myself I want the bell to be worth a lot of points. The +2 to cast is great, a much needed bonus for an expensive, tanky wizard. Its an iconic model, a centerpiece and heralds the arrival of verminlords. Its okay for it to be somewhat expensive, because I want the price to reflect how cool it is. It just currently has too many un-cool rules. Thats closer to my original point. 

Oh and the bell and vermitide definitley are 20 pt endless spells. Just low enough that you can toss them in if you're list happens to need a gap filler. 

These spoilers are really only reminding me that bounty hunters are leaving. Gonna be spamming reinforced units at last.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

@Skreech Verminking Gonna have to disagree on the screaming bell, although the points your brought up about it would be my evidence as to why. When has GW dropped a model that many points you think? 

I just have to lay back and remind myself I want the bell to be worth a lot of points. The +2 to cast is great, a much needed bonus for an expensive, tanky wizard. Its an iconic model, a centerpiece and heralds the arrival of verminlords. Its okay for it to be somewhat expensive, because I want the price to reflect how cool it is. It just currently has too many un-cool rules. Thats closer to my original point. 

Oh and the bell and vermitide definitley are 20 pt endless spells. Just low enough that you can toss them in if you're list happens to need a gap filler. 

These spoilers are really only reminding me that bounty hunters are leaving. Gonna be spamming reinforced units at last.

Now if we just could reinforce more them 4 time 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

If it could give out the battleshock immunity that the plague furnise dose then I think it could be work taking, just a small rules change to make it more useable 

2 minutes ago, greg19190 said:

If it could give out the battleshock immunity that the plague furnise dose then I think it could be work taking, just a small rules change to make it more useable 

It would probably be used more often.

but personally I think overall the furnace would still benthe better option as it does have a better chance of surviving and able to desl more damage, while the bell toll ability is well neglectable forgettable.

if it had the bell toll of the last warscroll, it might become a so much better option.

but yes it the battleshick immunity would guve it a better reason for being taken. But personally it needs mor to be worth 300points 

Alright. Lets just fix the Screaming Bell. Put on your wishing hat.

First of all, lets eject the "pushed into battle" rule out into space. 

Second, here's my fever dream version of Peal of Doom

Spoiler

2 Magical Backlash: Each Skaven unit within 13"  of the Screaming Bell suffers D3 mortal wounds

3-4 Unholy Clamour (hero phase move): All Skaven units that are wholly within 13" of this unit can immediately make a normal move of 6"

5-6 Wall of Unholy Sound (-1 hit rolls): Until your next hero phase, subtract 1 from hit rolls made by enemy units within 13" of any Screaming Bells for which you rolled this result this phase. 

7 Avalanche of Energy (magic buff): Each other friendly Skaven wizard and priest wholly within 13" of the Screaming Bell adds the Avalanche of Energy value to their casting and chanting rolls until the next hero phase. 

8-9 Apocalyptic Doom: (+1 hit rolls) Add 1 to hit rolls for attacks made by friendly skaven units wholly within 13" of any Screaming Bells for which you rolled this result this phase. 

10-11 Deafening Peals: (command debuff) Until your next hero phase, roll a dice each time an enemy model is picked to issue a command while it is within 13" of any friendly SCREAMING BELLS for which you rolled this result in this phase. That command is not received. 

12 A Stirring Beyond the Veil: If the screaming bell isn't shattered, the Screaming Bell is shattered and you can summon 1 VERMINLORD to the battlefield and add it to your army. The Verminlord must be set up wholly within 13" of this unit. It can be set up within 3" of an enemy unit if this unit is within 3" of that enemy unit, otherwise it must be set up more than 9" from all enemy units. If this Screaming Bell was already shattered, you may instead choose another Peal of Doom result. 

Trying to make sure nothing is a wiff result turn 1 (which is a problem for MW damage results). Considering you don't know what you'll get and you only get 5 rings, I leaned into guaranteed effects and made the more unique results on the outermost results. 

If any of you want to help fix the "Cracks Call" spell, that would be great. I'm so done with that spell. It might as well be flavor text. 

Let me know what ya think. Again, this is for fun-sies, not too serious now.

• Like 2