5kaven5lave

38 minutes ago, Cosmicsheep said:

It gets worse. Points increases, although we haven't seen the warscrolls yet

IMG_20220507_081652.jpg

I dont understand why are the stormvermin, an allways/almost useless unit since 2002, so expensive now. They better come with waaaaaay better rules at this cost

Sigh. At least I'll have more money for the new and cool CSM units. THAT's an army that gets ****** done

Don't know. Clanrats are still at 130 and that (apart from Plague Monks) are the main horde unit for Skaven. Bell also stays the same. 

The increase on the Deathmaster could be an indicator of a strong warscroll. Maybe he really is a hero killer. 

The composition of the box is another topic. That is disappointing. Prettey much every long time Skaven player will have multiples of that units already. So the only reason to buy this set would be FOMO. And I don't plan to fall for that (again). 

2 hours ago, Garrac said:

I'm sorry for bringing this on here because I've got very bad and sad news for everyone. 

IMG-20220507-WA0005.jpg.0be09e979b2e4cbf1d51954da6e856d7.jpg

This is very hopeless.

well at least our very kind sylvaneth players won’t be finding too many skaven players buying this box.

I already own a 100stormvermin, and don’t need more.

17 minutes ago, Garrac said:

I dont understand why are the stormvermin, an allways/almost useless unit since 2002, so expensive now. They better come with waaaaaay better rules at this cost

Sigh. At least I'll have more money for the new and cool CSM units. THAT's an army that gets ****** done

Well I mean, if stormvermins stats are going to get redone (hitting on3s instead of 4s and having a 4+ main save) this might not be so bad, but I agree,

currently I’m not even certain I care anymore.

the question that is still open is probably are plague monks going to be a unit of 20 models?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Garrac said:

I see myself leaning more and more towards Bolt Action lately. Pretty much everything GW has done the last couple of month  just repels me.

3 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

The model is great but I can pretty much wait a year till he gets his own release.

till then there is that one underworld warband🤗

The model is kind of nice although I not a big fan of model-terrain combos. That makes it harder to fit the theme of the army and every environment the match takes place in. 

But yes I will take a look at the profile and then maybe get one.

10 minutes ago, DocKeule said:

The increase on the Deathmaster could be an indicator of a strong warscroll. Maybe he really is a hero killer. 

Hopefully something akin to the new underworlds model.

28 minutes ago, Garrac said:

I dont understand why are the stormvermin, an allways/almost useless unit since 2002, so expensive now.

I use 30 SV to great effect. Getting a full 30 into combat first can take down most large monster heroes.

10 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well I mean, if stormvermins stats are going to get redone (hitting on3s instead of 4s and having a 4+ main save) this might not be so bad

Yeah, I could cope with that 🤞

13 minutes ago, DocKeule said:

The composition of the box is another topic. That is disappointing.

1200 Sylvaneth vs 800 Skaven, not really balanced and only appeals to the new skaven player

5 minutes ago, Cosmicsheep said:

1200 Sylvaneth vs 800 Skaven, not really balanced and only appeals to the new skaven player

If there even will be any new skaven players.

edit: personally I don’t even understand why they are putting like only 10 stormvermin into the box, when they usually are sold in 20s

Edited by Skreech Verminking

46 minutes ago, Cosmicsheep said:

I use 30 SV to great effect. Getting a full 30 into combat first can take down most large monster heroes.

Well they aren’t bad, and can be a great counter unit for dealing damage in combat, especially when combined with dearhfrenzy.

but.. should they not change at all, but still go up in cost, I couldn’t see a reason to ever use them again

8 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

but.. should they not change at all, but still go up in cost, I couldn’t see a reason to ever use them again

With so many changes in points cost since the last tome, I can’t see the points increase as anything other than an improved profile

I hoped so dearly for a Eshin rework, ever since starting skaven I've been waiting for model updates because I love the idea of ninja-rats but those old Night Runners and Gutter Runners just ... they just dont look great. I got the Underworlds box to have some eshin for my warcry warband, but I hoped a general eshin rework would follow that

Maybe later this year? maybe they just didnt show it yet to have something to show when the battletome drops? I highly doubt it though.

11 minutes ago, MiceWithDice said:

Maybe later this year? maybe they just didnt show it yet to have something to show when the battletome drops? I highly doubt it though.

Optimism is always a good thing, yet there really won't be more than that.

maybe we will get our release next year in the summer, if those rumors are true.

14 minutes ago, MiceWithDice said:

I hoped so dearly for a Eshin rework, ever since starting skaven I've been waiting for model updates because I love the idea of ninja-rats but those old Night Runners and Gutter Runners just ... they just dont look great. I got the Underworlds box to have some eshin for my warcry warband, but I hoped a general eshin rework would follow that

There is still a chance. They rarely put (much) new stuff in the boxes. People buy new units at full price so why give them a discount?

Nighthaunt also got a bunch on new models announced after the box. So it could still happen. I wouldn't bet on it though.

1 minute ago, DocKeule said:

There is still a chance. They rarely put (much) new stuff in the boxes. People buy new units at full price so why give them a discount?

Nighthaunt also got a bunch on new models announced after the box. So it could still happen. I wouldn't bet on it though.

Yes two of which were in the battlebox, and a single new heroe that was available on his own, or will be available on his owm

We will see. A facelift for the Eshin models would do. They did it with the Blood Knights last year. 

Question ist how much they will power up Skaven and since there aren't that many new models to sell I don't think they will rise into one of the upper tiers. 

The last couple of books had a good internal balance but that wasn't an issue with the current battletome. Other than that some profile will get streamlined and that will be it.

I don't understand what all the doom and gloom is about price increases here. You're freaking out over one change in isolation of the changes meant to balance it. Look at every single army book that has come out this edition. There are near universal points increases but the warscrolls and even more importantly allegiance battle traits are also buffed to compensate. Look at the overhaul Nighthaunt is about to get from the book leaks. The points increases on individual warscrolls don't tell you the real story since most of the buffs this edition are to weapon profiles and to battle traits. And just as importantly, GW has been making each of these armies feel more thematic to their faction's lore.

Without fail every single book preview this edition has been met with despair by the people who play that faction. Then the book comes out and the community is split on whether it is good or not. And then people get games in and realize everything was fine after all. Remember when the Nurgle book dropped how everybody thought the book was DOA, but look at how they are doing in the meta even with considerable price increases on their units.

There will likely be a short period between when the box comes out with with updated warscrolls and points but no new battle traits that the units will feel incomplete or maybe even worse off, but once the book comes out you'll get the full picture and it will be fine.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, DocKeule said:

We will see. A facelift for the Eshin models would do. They did it with the Blood Knights last year. 

Question ist how much they will power up Skaven and since there aren't that many new models to sell I don't think they will rise into one of the upper tiers. 

The last couple of books had a good internal balance but that wasn't an issue with the current battletome. Other than that some profile will get streamlined and that will be it.

I doubt that gw will give us a worse battletome, just because they weren’t interested enough to update the rest of our range.

there is a possibility that the meta will change for use (which I do hope so very much).

But more then that and I don’t really believe much will change.

personally as long as the risk and reward system is being kept by

the skaven, if not even reworked in a way where the damage potential is much higher then before, I think we will be fine.

15 minutes ago, vaector said:

I don't understand what all the doom and gloom is about price increases here. You're freaking out over one change in isolation of the changes meant to balance it. Look at every single army book that has come out this edition. There are near universal points increases but the warscrolls and even more importantly allegiance battle traits are also buffed to compensate. Look at the overhaul Nighthaunt is about to get from the book leaks. The points increases on individual warscrolls don't tell you the real story since most of the buffs this edition are to weapon profiles and to battle traits. And just as importantly, GW has been making each of these armies feel more thematic to their faction's lore.

Without fail every single book preview this edition has been met with despair by the people who play that faction. Then the book comes out and the community is split on whether it is good or not. And then people get games in and realize everything was fine after all. Remember when the Nurgle book dropped how everybody thought the book was DOA, but look at how they are doing in the meta even with considerable price increases on their units.

There will likely be a short period between when the box comes out with with updated warscrolls and points but no new battle traits that the units will feel incomplete or maybe even worse off, but once the book comes out you'll get the full picture and it will be fine.

I definitely agree.

my disappointment I’ve been expressing was more meant towards the lack of interest from gw to even at least update more then a single hero, rather then having a book written wrongly.

the first skaven book in aos (Excluding clan pestilence) was pretty fun.

the risk/ reward system was included again, and with maybe the exception of having done a bad job at the only battleline stuff when you are playing this clan only, the book was actually pretty great.

And after such a long time, they could only improve the gameplay.

so here I am hoping we are getting a Doomwheel hero mode + the possibility of wielding doomwheels as battleline, and other units that can be taken as a battleline option in a mixed clan rather then always having to take clanrats 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I definitely agree.

my disappointment I’ve been expressing was more meant towards the lack of interest from gw to even at least update more then a single hero, rather then having a book written wrongly.

the first skaven book in aos (Excluding clan pestilence) was pretty fun.

the risk/ reward system was included again, and with maybe the exception of having done a bad job at the only battleline stuff when you are playing this clan only, the book was actually pretty great.

And after such a long time, they could only improve the gameplay.

so here I am hoping we are getting a Doomwheel hero mode + the possibility of wielding doomwheels as battleline, and other units that can be taken as a battleline option in a mixed clan rather then always having to take clanrats 

That's fair. I'm definitely disappointed by the lack of any real line refresh, however as somebody who also plays Nighthaunt, I'm super excited for what kind of battle trait/warscroll changes we have in store for us.

I'm currently playing a Skaven path to glory army that is nearly entirely warmachines. Going for a sort of Madmax Fury Road kind of vibe. I would lose my mind if we had a Doomwheel hero mode!

4 minutes ago, vaector said:

Doomwheel hero mode!

Well theoretically we have.

they would just have to do exactly the thing they did with the steam tank commander 

the doomwheel comes with 2 head options for the pilot, and from the lore a warlock piloting a dommwheel is just a common thing.😉

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well theoretically we have.

they would just have to do exactly the thing they did with the steam tank commander 

the doomwheel comes with 2 head options for the pilot, and from the lore a warlock piloting a dommwheel is just a common thing.😉

I was actually thinking of the take commander right after you mentioned that! 😄

I totally forgot about the 2 head options. It would be such an easy addition for them to make!

4 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Stoemvermin:

4+ save an +1bravery.

1" halberd, 2 attacks at 3+/3+/-1/1.

2+ bodyguard for Verminous Heroes. 4+ bodyguard for non-verminous heroes

Clanrats:

5+ save

Return 1D3 models at the ens of battleshock phase.

Is that a prediction or are you already talking about the new rules