Slaves to Darkness + Khorne?

Kazimer

As far as putting Slaves in a Bloodbound army, what units would be the least redundent? I know that Marauders are far too similar to Reavers, and that trait follows most of the army. 

I already own 5 Marauder horsemen since Khorne lacks meaningful light cavalry, nor light range. But what other suggestions would be good for Bloodbound?

Depends what you are after but the following can fit in well

Shrine - if khorne marked and in khorne army it can take a blood blessing, provides a ward and is a totem.

Gorebeast chariot nice and fast plus it likes our buffs 

Knights as above plus gives us some MW protection handy in anti magic armies

Lord on daemon mount will love the daemon and mortal buffs, bit of a hidden gem

Marauder horse brings a bit of shooting and likes the buffs.

warriors MW protection anvil unit, handy in antimagic armies

Daemon prince, mini blood thirster and synergies well w artefacts and. Buffs

I run a khorne mortals / std army.

The only blood bound I have in it are the stoker and bloodsecrator.

last game I played which was a while back I ran a shrine, two mammoths, secrator and Mr Whippy, 25 marauder horsemen and filled the rest out with halberd and great weapon chaos warriors.  Chaos warriors are very good at soaking up damage.  Sure, no rend, etc, but with the secrator, and whippy the horsemen are moving very fast, and then throwing 75 javelin shots and rerolling  wound rolls of 1 - if get the  prayer off from the shrine then you're re-rolling all hit rolls as well

It depends what you want.  For me I've always played defensive khorne, I try and build according to the lowest common denominator, so I try and build in survivability and endurance , then worry about the buffing stack ups.  For me it's never worked, much like in 8th ed fantasy when this flawless victory would happen if you got this spell off, and that combo on that charachter and he buffs this which bounces off that.  It never worked, my magic dice rolls were always rubbish, and so I just played mono khorne.

I've found std to be very much an attrition army which suits my style of play more. Nothing more infuriating (for him) and hilarious (for you) than watching an opponent roll buckets of dice and bang on about this buffing that only to still see half your army still there when the dust clears.

17 hours ago, Kazimer said:

All good options except the Warriors and Knights, if only because Khorne already has Bloodwarriors and Skullcrushers to fi the roles, arguably to a stronger degree. But I will consider the shrine and chariot now for sure!

I use Khornate Chaos Knights all the time. I wouldn't say they perform the same role as Skullcrushers, albeit that they are similar in some ways. Chaos Knights are faster, better offensively and have a universal 5+ against all mortal wounds, not just magic. They also have a little Bravery debuff which works well with their offensiveness.

I'm not saying you need to go out and buy 10 right now, but give them a test run with proxies sometime. You might be pleasantly surprised.

I love the 500 point combo of Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount, 5 Chaos Knights and 2 Gorebeast Chariots.

The Lord being a Daemon helps any Bloodletter blocks to proc their loci and he's far tankier and faster than a Bloodmaster.

Gorebeasts love being whipped for the synergy with the charge bonus they get, and along with the Knights benefit from the Lords command ability.

20 hours ago, Kazimer said:2 hours ago, Roark said:

I use Khornate Chaos Knights all the time. I wouldn't say they perform the same role as Skullcrushers, albeit that they are similar in some ways. Chaos Knights are faster, better offensively and have a universal 5+ against all mortal wounds, not just magic. They also have a little Bravery debuff which works well with their offensiveness.

I'm not saying you need to go out and buy 10 right now, but give them a test run with proxies sometime. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Exactly Roark, and the warriors have the same 5+.

Also with halberd warriors getting a 2" range as well it makes a big slab of them a frightening proposition if they get in to combat.

Knights are more Shock-Cav than Bloodcrushers and are probably somewhat underestimated.

Concerning the Warriors, they are an incredible damage sponge but no damage dealers. Even a +1A buffed unit of 30 with all halberds and everyone in range, can barely delete a 5 man unit of Liberators off the table in one turn...

1 hour ago, Kazimer said:

Oh! I didn't even notice that difference, fair enough! That changes things a bit, although I probably wont get halberd Warriors though, since you need an upgrade pack for it, making the warriors hilariously expensive to buy.

Normally you would use Chaos Knight lances as halberds since back in the day knights preferred the "what were they thinking" enscrolled weapons. (well 7th edition was just full of what were they thinking moments with warriors of chaos)

But now knights usually prefer the lance so you'll have to rely on bitz (either the official gw sanctioned bitz or spare lances/halberds from bitz sellers)

I personally like Khorne Chosen in a Khorne Army. They can soak up all those juicy Khorne Buffet, are quote cheap anderen can buff other StD Units as well. Although they are Not as reliable as Skullreapers concerning Mortal wounds, they dish Out a Lot of Rend 1-wounds, which is nice for a 140-point-unit.

On 11/12/2018 at 7:23 AM, Salyx said:

I personally like Khorne Chosen in a Khorne Army. They can soak up all those juicy Khorne Buffet, are quote cheap anderen can buff other StD Units as well. Although they are Not as reliable as Skullreapers concerning Mortal wounds, they dish Out a Lot of Rend 1-wounds, which is nice for a 140-point-unit.

They are quite good Sayl-ers too. ;-)

Archived