Who is the best?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

best alpha

definitly has to be deepkin. Morrsarr guard that fly forcing you to have air tight screens to defend, and they hit like a truck and have a once per damage mortal wound spectacular. 

You proabably never played against a skaven player deepstriking he’s warplightning cannon with a warpgrinder.

perfect in keeping them save from fool-things fire and killing of those damned poster-things.

Just now, Skreech Verminking said:

You proabably never played against a skaven player deepstriking he’s warplightning cannon with a warpgrinder.

perfect in keeping them save from fool-things fire and killing of those damned poster-things.

You are right i didn't play against them. I used to play them.

Warp lightning cannons average 3 mortal wounds a cannon with high spikes and low lows  thats for 180 pts. Comparitively 160pts for 3 morrsarr adn thier once per game ability will average 2.5 mortal wounds....... ontop of thier 7 +3/+3-2rend 2damage a pieace attacks.... on top of thier 3 +3/+3/-/d3 damage.... on top of thier 3d3 +3/+3/-/1 attacks all charging from no where with a soul scryer getting a garenteed charge. 

27 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

You are right i didn't play against them. I used to play them.

Warp lightning cannons average 3 mortal wounds a cannon with high spikes and low lows  thats for 180 pts. Comparitively 160pts for 3 morrsarr adn thier once per game ability will average 2.5 mortal wounds....... ontop of thier 7 +3/+3-2rend 2damage a pieace attacks.... on top of thier 3 +3/+3/-/d3 damage.... on top of thier 3d3 +3/+3/-/1 attacks all charging from no where with a soul scryer getting a garenteed charge. 

Nevermind what i Said.

you cleared my mind.

looks like we lost the deepstrike round to (edit:)seaaelves/soul pirates/soulstealingvampirates. 

Just now, Skreech Verminking said:

Nevermind what i Said.

you cleared my mind.

looks like we lost the deepstrike round.

Don't feel bad. Aelves are just better than everyone.  

...except Grots! ? 

Seriously though, nearly all the Aelven factions are extremely powerful. Consider that you could alpha strike with two units of 9 eels with the damage @mmimziementioned and a soulscryer and a King (who is also excellent in combat) to buff them. And if you do it in turn 3 you get to hit first with ALL your units. It is insanely powerful.  

Just now, Hankster said:

Don't feel bad. Aelves are just better than everyone.  

...except Grots! ? 

Seriously though, nearly all the Aelven factions are extremely powerful. Consider that you could alpha strike with two units of 9 eels with the damage @mmimziementioned and a soulscryer and a King (who is also excellent in combat) to buff them. And if you do it in turn 3 you get to hit first with ALL your units. It is insanely powerful.  

Ps: well only thing I can replay to this is “we don’t have a book yet?

as it is for around 21 factions right now.

(so this is probably something I shouldn’t complain about.?)

( although I’m still very brought to that guy who got one of the top ten places in one of those big aos 2.0 events with dispossesseds)

@Tropical Ghost General well i kinda dont have 6 armies to choose as i technically not have army build or own but for best ambush based army i think saurion has much better bet then every one as slann are traveling alone and summoning whole army as one go makes them good at ambush. for alpha strike khorne is kinda only one depends on it if you ask me since you need to blood flowing asap to get usefull. other then most armies kinda need each other to pull decent wins in my book .

wellgames workshop can change my opinions in new slanesh box if they play their cards right and gave us something like lust elves then all bets are kinda off in my book.

21 minutes ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

What about those of us who have a brand new shiny book, but it turns out that it's been designed more for 'ornamental purposes' ??

Can’t really say I heard so many bad things about all battletomes, with which I believe space dwarfs, all battletome which were brought at the beginning when a point system was a wish to be fullfilled for around 75procent of the players (just guessing) and Beastclaw raiders  are possible true.

I don’t believe that the newer army like dok, blades of khorne Tzeentch book, deepkins, death and Boc need any new book or greatly needed update.

same goes for those sickmarines.

they already got more units and hero option then any grand allegiance on their own.

if Sigmar decides to open one more chamber, I can see a possibility that some casual players may stop playing them.

12 minutes ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

@Skreech Verminking spooky bedsheets are my main boys and if you take away grims and the 10+ charge=free attack, the book is weak AF. 

You might be right I never read the book of those guys nor have I played against them yet.

i cannot tell you anything about ghost.

sc, dok,deepkins,death, and all the other existing battletomes have been read by me, I am a big fan of the lore and you could also say  trying to exploied there weaknesses is a thing I love doing.

4 hours ago, Ryan Taylor said:

Orruks iz da best... [Sorry someone had to do it]

Ironjawz do not apologize. ??

And I wish this wasn't so far from the truth. 

All the talk in their discussion as of late has been spamming Ardboys... ?

Really not going to stick around if AoS just becomes "spam this or that is the only way to to compete"

Thought that was one of the big move aways from the old world... oh well. House rulez!!!!

22 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I don’t believe that the newer army like dok, blades of khorne Tzeentch book, deepkins, death and Boc need any new book or greatly needed update.

I think we should all hope that every new book is designed like the DoK book. I've started playing them while I wait for Moonclan (because angry murder ladies in bikinis are almost as hilariously awesome as mushroom gobbling Grots). It is one very well designed army.

Sure it is definitely undercosted, but what really makes the DoK powerful is how well all the pieces fit together and support each other. The excellent design and range of useful units also means that you can play the army a bunch of different ways and it still works well.

If the Moonclan are half as well designed (obviously including more randomness and hilarity) I will be happier than a hungry shaman in a deff cap patch. 

12 minutes ago, Hankster said:

I think we should all hope that every new book is designed like the DoK book. I've started playing them while I wait for Moonclan (because angry murder ladies in bikinis are almost as hilariously awesome as mushroom gobbling Grots). It is one very well designed army.

Sure it is definitely undercosted, but what really makes the DoK powerful is how well all the pieces fit together and support each other. The excellent design and range of useful units also means that you can play the army a bunch of different ways and it still works well.

If the Moonclan are half as well designed (obviously including more randomness and hilarity) I will be happier than a hungry shaman in a deff cap patch. 

Yeah let’s hope so.

boc right now is also a fantastic army.

so my doubts about Gw have mostly vanished

53 minutes ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

Haha, you and me both. I have Death and Death  and a bit more Death.

well I have zero armies mate i am basicly what you call noob. I have my eyed on darkoath and maybe slaneeshs new warband but i dont think i buy lot of the gameworkshop content.

I considered buying a DoK army but at this point by the time that I get it painted and back to me I'd only have a few months to play with it before its inevitably nerfed.  Had we a little more time in between nerfings, I'd definitely be all up on that army though.  Undercost, highly optimized, and in ways a lot of players don't really "get" right away so have a harder time overcoming.

15 minutes ago, Dead Scribe said:

I considered buying a DoK army but at this point by the time that I get it painted and back to me I'd only have a few months to play with it before its inevitably nerfed.  Had we a little more time in between nerfings, I'd definitely be all up on that army though.  Undercost, highly optimized, and in ways a lot of players don't really "get" right away so have a harder time overcoming.

It's really nice to play. It's like driving a Porsche ...or at least what I imagine driving a would be like, since I've all I drive is my battered Hyundai. 

If it wasn't so expensive I'd encourage you to get it. Even with points increases it'll still be nice to play, if not overpowered. Unless the rules are changed a lot the synergies will still be there. 

A lot of people keep saying they'll increase the points for DoK - yet my thinking is that won't actually shut down the most popular lists at 2K points; it just cuts down on model options to put on the table alongside the solid core of 90odd witches. So if anything all it does is make the army even more "boring" to play/play against. That's why I think they might try to adjust a stat here or there or adjust how a certain ability works. 

Something as simple as "A unit with a prayer bonus cannot have a spell bonus at the same time" or some such could shut down some tactical choices. 

10 hours ago, Dead Scribe said:

Don’t know when exactly will be the next  big faq release in aos?

half a year, two years from now in the future?

Archived