Grpyh-Hound Single Model Point Cost?

Skasian

Characters like Excelsior Warpriest have Loyal Companion ability which allows you to setup a Gryph-hound.

Is this a single Gryph-Hound or an entire unit? If it's a single model, what's the point cost for the doggie? (nothing on warscroll builder)

52 minutes ago, Skasian said:

where is this stated?

It doesn't really need to be stated - the relevant hero warscrolls tell you that you can add a grpyh hound to your army and set it up immediately. 

If you're looking for a rules source I'm not sure... might have been in a FAQ or posted clarification.

59 minutes ago, Freejack02 said:

It doesn't really need to be stated - the relevant hero warscrolls tell you that you can add a grpyh hound to your army and set it up immediately. 

If you're looking for a rules source I'm not sure... might have been in a FAQ or posted clarification.

He is right.

3 hours ago, LegioX217 said:

I've been wondering this too as I believe at one point there was a 40 point cost for 1 gryph hound, but I can no longer find it.

As a side point here - you used to be able to take any number of gryph-hounds as a unit, so there used to be a cost for just one, but they changed it in the new edition (because everyone was just adding one hound to their army to round out their points), which will be why you can't find it anymore

On the theme of the gryph hound, on de excelsior warpriest warscroll he is able to affect all ORDER units, but it was updated on battletome Stormcast Eternals, so it affects only Stormcast.

Can we use the warpriest's hound for ORDER or only for STORMCAST?

4 minutes ago, Haldawe said:

On the theme of the gryph hound, on de excelsior warpriest warscroll he is able to affect all ORDER units, but it was updated on battletome Stormcast Eternals, so it affects only Stormcast.

Can we use the warpriest's hound for ORDER or only for STORMCAST?

Sadly the hound is not on the excelsior warpriests warscroll, it has its own (the standard Gryph-hounds scroll).  Its bundled in the same PDF file (so they havent updated it) but you will still need to use the latest available one for matched play.

23 hours ago, Mark Williams said:

It seems that Endless Spells are now meant to be the thing that rounds out your army's points. I miss being able to buy just one gryph hound.  A handful put here and there throughout a shooting army might be very useful. An entire unit of them however is quite expensive....

But far superior! Everyone needs packs of gryph hounds!!

Archived